Windows 10: MacBook Pro unable to ping and mapped a Windows 10 shared folder

Discus and support MacBook Pro unable to ping and mapped a Windows 10 shared folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The shared folder has always been working until I bought a new router. Installed it and then my MacBook Pro is unable to map the shared folder on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 2myCharlie, Jun 19, 2016.

1. MacBook Pro unable to ping and mapped a Windows 10 shared folder

The shared folder has always been working until I bought a new router. Installed it and then my MacBook Pro is unable to map the shared folder on my Windows 10. I tried to ping the Windows 10 from the MacBook Pro and I received a request time out. However, I can ping my printer and other devices fine but just not the Windows 10 computer. The Windows 10 is able to ping the MacBook Pro but not the other way around. How do I start troubleshooting this issue?

:)

2myCharlie, Jun 19, 2016

2. Windows 10: Cannot access shared network drive Solved

w10pro unable to access remote shared folder. Ping worked fine. Previous posted solutions did not work for me.

Dashrathnaik, Jun 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Pro Domain computer cannot access network share from Windows 7 Pro

I have a couple of new workstations, freshly upgraded to Win 10 from factory Win 7. They have been configured for office use, MS Office and etc. They have been added to the domain. I have network mappings to (1) server running Server 2012,, no issues.
    However, at satellite office there is a Win 7 Pro machine with shared drives. Non-Win 10 workstations can access and map with no issues. However, the Win 10 machines cannot. From Explorer, the Win 10 machines see the Shares, but when trying to Expand I
    get "Windows cannot access \\blabla_server and the error code 0x80070035. I have disabled all Windows Firewalls, 3rd party Firewalls and AV, statically assigned IP's and about everything else on the web. From the Win 10 machine I can Ping and RDP to the
    Win 7, just not map drives and access shares. From the Win 7 machine I can ping, RDP and even map drives to shares on the Win 10 machine,,, just not vice-versa!?!?! Both machines are current with Windows Updates. I have un-installed and re-installed NICs.
    Can anyone help??

highcountry1977, Jun 19, 2016
Thema:

MacBook Pro unable to ping and mapped a Windows 10 shared folder

1. MacBook Pro unable to ping and mapped a Windows 10 shared folder - Similar Threads - MacBook Pro unable

2. Macbook Pro Unable to change the brightness with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Macbook Pro Unable to change the brightness with Windows 10: I can't change the brightness but I can when I reboot into Apple but at that point I am wasting my time missing around with the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/macbook-pro-unable-to-change-the-brightness-with/34be0c2c-01d1-4d49-a228-e3e5d5a80e67
  3. Macbook Pro Unable to change the brightness with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macbook Pro Unable to change the brightness with Windows 10: I can't change the brightness but I can when I reboot into Apple but at that point I am wasting my time missing around with the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/macbook-pro-unable-to-change-the-brightness-with/34be0c2c-01d1-4d49-a228-e3e5d5a80e67
  4. Macbook Pro Unable to change the brightness with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to activate Windows 10 on MacBook Pro Apple M1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 on MacBook Pro Apple M1: Purchased a new MacBook Pro and I am unable to activate Windows 10 on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-windows-10-on-macbook-pro-apple/c1413a88-2398-44d3-9c34-a0463558a304
  6. Unable to map network share suddenly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to map network share suddenly: Hi all, Just been accessing my network share on a linux box through a self served vpn server (on router) with no problems, when suddenly I'm getting no joy. Tried to remap (and deleted credentials) and firstly it comes back a second time with the password box, and then fails...
  7. Windows 10 on MacBook Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 on MacBook Pro: I put windows 10 on my 2009 macbook pro and when I shut it off and try to boot it back up it just restarts. How can I fix this? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-macbook-pro/2abd308e-b833-4dfe-b939-03744a9fe6eb
  8. Unable to access the shared folder, but able to map the drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access the shared folder, but able to map the drive.: Hi All, I have an issue, we have one shared drive in DFS concept. we are able to map this drive in Windows 10 machines, but any unable to access the files inside that drive. It is stating that the network path is not available and some times it is displaying as you don't...
  9. Unable to map Network Shares Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to map Network Shares Windows 10: Hi, I've got 2 Western Digital Network drives hard wired on my network, a My Book World and an EX2. Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've had intermittent problems viewing and setting network drives. I've read a lot of other posts and tried a number of things suggested...
  10. Windows 10 on Macbook Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 on Macbook Pro: I had Windows 8.1 running on my MacBook pro perfectly fine and I just went to Windows 10 and I did not transfer apps or files over, I wanted a clean install and now I cannot get the trackpad working, audio or function buttons working? Any ideas on where I can find drivers or...