Windows 10: MacBook running Parallels

Discus and support MacBook running Parallels in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; MacBook late 2009 running parallels. Originally upgraded when Win 8 was installed. Win 10 upgrade loaded Home. Removed Win 10, upgraded to Win 8.1. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by theeditormcl183, Oct 8, 2015.

1. MacBook running Parallels

MacBook late 2009 running parallels. Originally upgraded when Win 8 was installed. Win 10 upgrade loaded Home. Removed Win 10, upgraded to Win 8.1. Now when I try to reload Win 10, it will not install Pro, only Home.

When I go to change product key under activation, it will not let me change serial number. (Old Win 8.0 Serial Number)

Clarification: Cannot even select change product key. I only get a "ding".

:)

theeditormcl183, Oct 8, 2015

2. vm running windows 10

Running Windows 10 Home on my MacBook Pro and Parallel 12 and i cant run my new software, why?

BrunoCliche, Oct 8, 2015
  3. J-Davis70 Win User
    Windows app store is not responding in Windows 10.

I'm running Windows 10 using Parallels on a macbook pro - so, I don't have the "Windows" key on my keyboard.

J-Davis70, Oct 8, 2015
  4. 10userNYC Win User

MacBook running Parallels

I am confused, or your post seems confusing. Are you saying that you initially went from W8 to W10 but when you did that it installed W10 Home not Pro?

Was your initial W8 Pro edition?

You then removed W10 Home, went back to W8 (which edition?? I assume Pro??) and then went from W8 >> W8.1, and then tried to reinstall or re-upgrade to W10 Pro however its only letting you upgrade to W10 Home not Pro?

I am not sure but I don't think you can switch between Home and Pro, someone else may need to chime in.

Your upgrade path seems correct and logical. If I were you, I'd save all files off the Paralells Windows machine, nuke it and start over. Install a fresh W8 Pro Paralells install, then upgrade W8 Pro >> W8.1 Pro, and then go W8.1 Pro to W10 Pro. Are you sure that all of your editions are Pro? Did you ever downgrade from Pro to Home?

Just for grins, open an elevated command prompt (right click on start menu and select Command prompt (admin) or on your start menu right click on Command Prompt and select "run as administrator") and type:

Code: DISM /online /Get-CurrentEdition[/quote] (Gives what edition you are running)
    Code: DISM /online /Get-TargetEditions[/quote] (Gives what it can be upgraded to)

I just did this on a W10x64 Pro machine and got:

Code: (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /online /Get-CurrentEdition Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Current edition is: Current Edition : Professional The operation completed successfully. C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /online /Get-TargetEditions Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Editions that can be upgraded to: Target Edition : Enterprise Target Edition : Education The operation completed successfully. C:\WINDOWS\system32>[/quote] Should work on W8 and I know this works on W8.1. You should see "Professional". If not, that's probably your issue.

10userNYC, Oct 8, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    If you have Windows 8 (core) then you can right click on Computer and select Properties. There is a link "Get more features with a new edition of Windows". Click on that and you should be able to enter a Pro key and upgrade to Pro. Then you can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

MacBook running Parallels

1. MacBook running Parallels - Similar Threads - MacBook running Parallels

2. About using windows 11 on macbook m1 using parallels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About using windows 11 on macbook m1 using parallels: So Im planning to buy a macbook air m1 . Im currently a software engineering student and I want to know few things. Part of my degree is to develop windows app. After a little research I found out that I can use parallels to run windows 11. So, I want to know if windows 11...
  3. About using windows 11 on macbook m1 using parallels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About using windows 11 on macbook m1 using parallels: So Im planning to buy a macbook air m1 . Im currently a software engineering student and I want to know few things. Part of my degree is to develop windows app. After a little research I found out that I can use parallels to run windows 11. So, I want to know if windows 11...
  4. Activate code in Windows used by Parallels on MacBook M1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate code in Windows used by Parallels on MacBook M1: Hello,I have bought a MacBook 13 M1. I want to use Windows so I bought Parallels and installed Windows 11 but when I activated the code there was an error because I needed a confirmation from Microsoft. I can not contact them and in this case what should i do?...
  5. Activate code in Windows used by Parallels on MacBook M1

Activate code in Windows used by Parallels on MacBook M1: Hello,I have bought a MacBook 13 M1. I want to use Windows so I bought Parallels and installed Windows 11 but when I activated the code there was an error because I needed a confirmation from Microsoft. I can not contact them and in this case what should i do?...
  6. MacBook Air M2 running Parallels and Windows 11 ARM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MacBook Air M2 running Parallels and Windows 11 ARM: I purchased a license of Windows 11 for Parallels to run on my MacBook Air. It is a brand new 2022 MacBook Air with the M2 chip and I got it with 24GB memory. Works great. I have some issues on the MacOS side and need to reload the MacOS from scratch. I have searched my email...
  7. MacBook Air M2 running Parallels and Windows 11 ARM

MacBook Air M2 running Parallels and Windows 11 ARM: I purchased a license of Windows 11 for Parallels to run on my MacBook Air. It is a brand new 2022 MacBook Air with the M2 chip and I got it with 24GB memory. Works great. I have some issues on the MacOS side and need to reload the MacOS from scratch. I have searched my email...
  8. Macbook Parallel Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Macbook Parallel Desktop: I downloaded windows 11 via parallel desktop, it opened without any problems, but later on, there were some malfunctions with the updates, the settings do not open at all. There are also problems with the Start button and other buttons.Do you have any solution for the issue?...
  9. Macbook Parallel Desktop

Macbook Parallel Desktop: I downloaded windows 11 via parallel desktop, it opened without any problems, but later on, there were some malfunctions with the updates, the settings do not open at all. There are also problems with the Start button and other buttons.Do you have any solution for the issue?...
  10. Microsoft Keyboard 850 with Apple MacBook Pro and Win10 Parallels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Keyboard 850 with Apple MacBook Pro and Win10 Parallels: I use Windows 10 on a 2016 MacBook Pro with Parallels. When I use Office 365 applications, I'd like to use a Windows keyboard. I own a Microsoft Keyboard 850, which comes with a dongle that plugs into a USB port. My laptop has Bluetooth, and I use an Apple wireless keyboard....