Windows 10: MacBook running Parallels

Discus and support MacBook running Parallels in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; MacBook late 2009 running parallels. Originally upgraded when Win 8 was installed. Win 10 upgrade loaded Home. Removed Win 10, upgraded to Win 8.1. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by theeditormcl183, Oct 8, 2015.

1. MacBook running Parallels

MacBook late 2009 running parallels. Originally upgraded when Win 8 was installed. Win 10 upgrade loaded Home. Removed Win 10, upgraded to Win 8.1. Now when I try to reload Win 10, it will not install Pro, only Home.

When I go to change product key under activation, it will not let me change serial number. (Old Win 8.0 Serial Number)

Clarification: Cannot even select change product key. I only get a "ding".

:)

theeditormcl183, Oct 8, 2015

2. vm running windows 10

Running Windows 10 Home on my MacBook Pro and Parallel 12 and i cant run my new software, why?

BrunoCliche, Oct 8, 2015
  3. J-Davis70 Win User
    Windows app store is not responding in Windows 10.

I'm running Windows 10 using Parallels on a macbook pro - so, I don't have the "Windows" key on my keyboard.

J-Davis70, Oct 8, 2015
  4. 10userNYC Win User

MacBook running Parallels

I am confused, or your post seems confusing. Are you saying that you initially went from W8 to W10 but when you did that it installed W10 Home not Pro?

Was your initial W8 Pro edition?

You then removed W10 Home, went back to W8 (which edition?? I assume Pro??) and then went from W8 >> W8.1, and then tried to reinstall or re-upgrade to W10 Pro however its only letting you upgrade to W10 Home not Pro?

I am not sure but I don't think you can switch between Home and Pro, someone else may need to chime in.

Your upgrade path seems correct and logical. If I were you, I'd save all files off the Paralells Windows machine, nuke it and start over. Install a fresh W8 Pro Paralells install, then upgrade W8 Pro >> W8.1 Pro, and then go W8.1 Pro to W10 Pro. Are you sure that all of your editions are Pro? Did you ever downgrade from Pro to Home?

Just for grins, open an elevated command prompt (right click on start menu and select Command prompt (admin) or on your start menu right click on Command Prompt and select "run as administrator") and type:

Code: DISM /online /Get-CurrentEdition[/quote] (Gives what edition you are running)
    Code: DISM /online /Get-TargetEditions[/quote] (Gives what it can be upgraded to)

I just did this on a W10x64 Pro machine and got:

Code: (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /online /Get-CurrentEdition Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Current edition is: Current Edition : Professional The operation completed successfully. C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /online /Get-TargetEditions Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Editions that can be upgraded to: Target Edition : Enterprise Target Edition : Education The operation completed successfully. C:\WINDOWS\system32>[/quote] Should work on W8 and I know this works on W8.1. You should see "Professional". If not, that's probably your issue.

10userNYC, Oct 8, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    If you have Windows 8 (core) then you can right click on Computer and select Properties. There is a link "Get more features with a new edition of Windows". Click on that and you should be able to enter a Pro key and upgrade to Pro. Then you can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

MacBook running Parallels

1. MacBook running Parallels - Similar Threads - MacBook running Parallels

2. Parallels Bootcampwindows 10, Parallels

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Parallels Bootcampwindows 10, Parallels: Bootcampwin10ParallelsWin10 ? ParallelsWin10BootcampWin10Win10ParallelsBootcampWin10? Win10Parallelsbootcampwin10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parallels-%E5%B0%8E%E5%85%A5/3d161461-d3fe-4318-a531-de6c3af2cd5e
  3. is there a possibility to run windoes 10 and xp parallel?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is there a possibility to run windoes 10 and xp parallel?: many PC games do not work on 10 gibt es eine möglichkeit windoes 10 und xp Paralle laufn zu lassn?
  4. Transfer purchased Windows 10 Pro with Parallels Desktop to a new MacBook

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer purchased Windows 10 Pro with Parallels Desktop to a new MacBook: Hi, I am currently transferring my programs to a new MacBook Pro. The transfer of my Parallels desktop license went seamless as it automatically transferred the license from the old macbook to the new one. Now I am stuck with the Windows Pro license on my old MacBook Pro. I...
  5. Hidden drive C$ - running parallell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden drive C$ - running parallell: I was having a problem with my computer running slow. I tried to clean it up by removing files and programs I don't need. Still running slow. I happened to notice some strange files and when looking at the properies it was showing admistrator permission to an "anonymous...
  6. setting up windows 10 on new macbook pro 15 using parallels help\

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting up windows 10 on new macbook pro 15 using parallels help\: need to be shown how to wipe this machine of all windows and reinstall only what i need for windows 10n 32 bit and parallels to work and instasll run and use please some one HELP...
  7. Parallels

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Parallels: I've got a Core i7 Mac Mini, I installed Parallels on it and Windows 8.1 from Bootcamp. I installed Chrome on Parallels but would also like to try Windows 10 on it. Would that interfere with 8.1 or are they completely separate, does anyone know. I don't want to trash 8.1 if I...
  8. MacBook Pro, Parallels Desktop 10, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MacBook Pro, Parallels Desktop 10, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 10 Pro: I've tried 3 or 4 Windows operating systems but I still don't have Wi-Fi connection. Please I need your assistance before I go crazy. Thank you. 71759
  9. HELP! Macbook Pro os x 10.8.5, Parallels Desktop 7 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP! Macbook Pro os x 10.8.5, Parallels Desktop 7 and Windows 10: Don't have wireless on my Windows 10 Professional and it isn't listed in the network settings. Help!!!!! 71614
  10. "Invalid Handle" running Windows 10 in emulation with Parallels on Mac

in Windows 10 Support
    "Invalid Handle" running Windows 10 in emulation with Parallels on Mac: Since updating (1) Windows to 10, (2) Parallels to 12 and (3) the MacOS to 10.12 (Sierra), logging into windows takes about 10 minutes. First the machine gives me a blue screen with the large word "Administrator" (the only user I have, i.e. me) and "Welcome" with the spinning...