Windows 10: MacBook touchpad working issue

Discus and support MacBook touchpad working issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10 in Macbook Air my touchpad is not working fine in windows i am unable to use tap to click i have to press my touchpad and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kabeerchanana, Mar 2, 2020.

1. MacBook touchpad working issue

After installing Windows 10 in Macbook Air my touchpad is not working fine in windows i am unable to use tap to click i have to press my touchpad and i am unable to scroll with 2 fingers how to solve this issue

:)

kabeerchanana, Mar 2, 2020

2. Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 2, 2020
  3. touchpad gestures two finger scroll not working Asus 501

Hi there,

1. Go to N501VW | ASUS Global Downloads
    2. Download the latest ATK - ATKPackage driver
    3. Download the latest TouchPad - ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver)
    4. Uninstall both the Touchpad driver and the Asus ATK package driver.
    5. Reboot
    6. First install ATKPackage driver (IMPORTANT to do this FIRST)
    7. Reboot
    8. Then install the TouchPad driver (may need to reboot)
    9. Test if all is working as it should

I had this same issue with my Asus UX305 when I upgraded to Windows version 1803 and doing the above steps solved the issue for me.

slicendice, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Karla Alm Win User

MacBook touchpad working issue

Touchpad not working correctly!

Hi Moosa,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried to restart your computer?

If yes, and the issue still persists, we suggest that you use a mouse to troubleshoot the touchpad then follow these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Type Control Panel.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound to the options listed.
    • Choose Devices and Printers.
    • Choose the driver for your touchpad.
    • Right click then select Troubleshoot.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

MacBook touchpad working issue

1. MacBook touchpad working issue - Similar Threads - MacBook touchpad working

2. Touchpad Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Issues: Hello, people of answers.microsoft.com by company Microsoft, I seem to have quite a few questions as of late. But, I digress, I've been having issues with my Windows 11 install. For reference, the computer is a HP Notebook with an i3-7100U. Yes, I did the registry edit, and...
  3. Touchpad issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad issues: Touchpad not working. Drivers are up to date. Uninstalled and restarted; it reinstalled itself like it's supposed to. Touchpad still not working. It will randomly work and then quit again. This has been an ongoing issue with this Lenovo Yoga laptop. I've tried this 'solution'...
  4. Touchpad not working and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working and scrolling issue: My touchpad is not working for the past two days, but whenever I am opening something it automatically scrolls down to last item.In any way these two problems may be connected and what are possible solutions.Windows 10 user, Device - Acer Aspire A715...
  5. Touchpad not working and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working and scrolling issue: My touchpad is not working for the past two days, but whenever I am opening something it automatically scrolls down to last item.In any way these two problems may be connected and what are possible solutions.Windows 10 user, Device - Acer Aspire A715...
  6. Touchpad not working and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Touchpad issues

Touchpad issues: Hi, my name is Amal, I have a Sony Vaio laptop E-series VPCEH25EN and my touchpad's 2 finger scrolling is not working!not any of the finger gestures are working, except for the double tab, I tried updating my touchpad driver but it didn't work, can someone help?...
  8. Keyboard and Touchpad not working on Windows 10 on MacBook Pro 13" 2016 TouchBar

Keyboard and Touchpad not working on Windows 10 on MacBook Pro 13" 2016 TouchBar: Hi, I have Windows 10 installed on my Mac the official way - using the BootCamp tool, I put my macbook in service, where they replaced my keyboard and touchpad with newer ones. After my macbook came back to me, the keyboard and touchpad on macos work perfectly properly even...
  9. Touchpad Issue

Touchpad Issue: I don't know what happens but when I briefly touch on the touchpad without moving, it moves rapidly up and down but not left and right. Is this a common problem or my device issue?...
  10. Touchpad issues

Touchpad issues: So the two finger scrolling stopped working on my touchpad. I thought it might just be some dirt messing with the signal but I cleaned it and the problem still persisted, even when I restarted my computer. I found where you can disable or enable touchpad options but it says...