Windows 10: Machine BSOD/Rebooting often.

Discus and support Machine BSOD/Rebooting often. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows version: Windows 10 Build 19041.173 A few weeks ago it seemed like every time I left my computer for a while (like overnight) I would come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by thegenix, May 3, 2020.

1. thegenix Win User

Machine BSOD/Rebooting often.

Windows version: Windows 10 Build 19041.173

A few weeks ago it seemed like every time I left my computer for a while (like overnight) I would come back to it restarted. I searched and found some help and it turned out to be a driver that was causing the issue. Things were fine up until a few days ago when the same behavior started happening again.

Here's the WhoCrashed output:

On Sun 5/3/2020 9:24:23 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050320-10000-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x39D860)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF83051FEF9558, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8070BFDDCE8, 0x2)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 5/3/2020 9:24:23 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!memset+0x2DD37)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF83051FEF9558, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8070BFDDCE8, 0x2)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 5/3/2020 3:38:57 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050320-10015-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFF8065D46C2FD, 0x2, 0x8, 0xFFFFF8065D46C2FD)
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

On Sat 5/2/2020 10:42:41 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050220-10000-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x59005300420055)
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.

On Sat 5/2/2020 11:20:41 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050220-10171-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF804522FB318, 0x0)
    Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue).

On Sat 5/2/2020 11:05:50 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050220-11890-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFF80339A6B5B6, 0x2, 0x8, 0xFFFFF80339A6B5B6)
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

:)

thegenix, May 3, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, May 3, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Try OCCT with just one stick of ram if crash then try the 2nd stick by it self. Lets eliminate the ram from the scenario.

I would think its more likely to be the Ram cuz of OCCT or maybe the mobo but I doubt the tumble did anything to the CPU.

DRDNA, May 3, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Machine BSOD/Rebooting often. - Similar Threads - Machine BSOD Rebooting

2. BSOD Machine unexpectedly rebooted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Machine unexpectedly rebooted: Hello All,Anyone who can help me understand this error better.Thank you.************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true...
  3. BSOD Machine unexpectedly rebooted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Machine unexpectedly rebooted: Hello All,Anyone who can help me understand this error better.Thank you.************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true...
  4. BSOD Machine unexpectedly rebooted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD, Often and consistantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, Often and consistantly: I am experiencing Critical Process Died every time my laptop unplugs while charging and whenever I scan my computer using restoro.The report created by the Reliability History is as follows:Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: efParameter 1:...
  6. BSOD Very often.

BSOD Very often.: So, I updated my windows and installed a New SSD and Ram. Now I'm getting BSOD very often, like every 30 min If I play games or 2 hrs browsing web. I have created a minidump but I don't know how to analyze it myself. please help if you can. Thank you. Mini Dump File...
  7. WINDOWS REBOOTING OFTEN

WINDOWS REBOOTING OFTEN: Received the below mentioned error when checking the event viewer The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. Kindly assist. It is quite freqent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-rebooting-often/817ce241-9a75-41cd-b702-8160d5bea56e
  8. Getting BSOD often.

Getting BSOD often.: i am getting BSOD very frequently than I used to, as never! Running Win10 uptodate, Sony FZ21Z Vaio. DuoCore, 3Gb, 300gb hd. I have no idea why this is happening all of a sudden so frequently now! Please see pic. Thanks. [IMG]...
  9. System reboots often

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System reboots often: My system reboots on its own whenever it wants to. An error flashes in a dialog before I can read it. Settings for sleep and power off are both NEVER. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-reboots-often/1b6da7f4-dc43-4c6d-a5ca-09bed1c90dc3
  10. BSOD Often & freezes

BSOD Often & freezes: My computer has been crashing the past few weeks since installation and either freezes or BSOD. Until today the BSOD has frozen on 0% and not given me dump files, despite being set up to. It crashed today and I now have a minidump file - please see attached. Thanks in...