Windows 10: Machine Check Exception BSOD, Can't find Fix

Discus and support Machine Check Exception BSOD, Can't find Fix in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built a new pc about a month ago now and it has crashed about 8 or 9 times all with the error code MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. These crashes occur... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KyleStewart7, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Machine Check Exception BSOD, Can't find Fix

I built a new pc about a month ago now and it has crashed about 8 or 9 times all with the error code MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. These crashes occur randomly (idle, in game, browsing the web) and I can not seem to figure out exactly is going on in my case, despite looking at countless threads online.

More info about the crash:
    Bug check code: 0x0000009c
    Parameter 1: 0000000000000000
    Parameter 2: ffff9a81a554ccd0
    Parameter 3: 0000000000000000
    Parameter 4: 0000000000000000
    Caused by driver: hal.dll
    Caused by address: hal.dll+491e1
    Crash address: ntoskrnl.exe+1bfcc0
    Event ID: 1001

My PC:
    Intel Core i5-9600k
    Corsair H100i CPU cooler
    ASUS Prime Z390-A
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) 3000Hz
    WD NVMe SSD 500GB
    Samsung QVO SSD 1TB
    MSI GeForce RTX 2070
    Corsair RMx 750 W 80+ Gold
    Windows 10 64-bit
    BIOS Vers. 1105

I have already tried these things to fix this issue but they have not worked:
    • Windows 10 reset
    • Update GPU drivers
    • Update BIOS utilities, chipset, LAN, audio drivers
    • Enable/disable XMP settings for my memory, trying both auto BIOS settings and manual at 3000Hz (its possible I just still don't have some of these setting correct. and yes the voltage is at 1.35)
    • Disabled conflicting audio drivers
    • Update windows and all other system drivers I could find in device manager
    • Ran memtest86+ through multiple passes on both sticks together and separately without error
    • Disabled fast startup
    • Ran sfc /scannow and DISM command with no errors
    Any opinions, suggestions, or solutions would be greatly appreciated. This is getting quite annoying at this point, thanks.

:)

KyleStewart7, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

BSOD MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION

Hi,

Machine Check Exception Freeze and Blue Screen Error is a bug check that indicates that a fatal machine exception has occurred on your system. Try running the blue screen error troubleshooter and follow the instructions on this
    article.

If the issue still persists, check the answer of SpiritX MS MVP, one of our community MVPs, and follow the steps he provided on this
    thread which were found helpful in resolving the issue.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Sep 3, 2019
  3. BSOD Machine Check Exception

SOLVED

All I had to do was update my BIOS. Apparently Machine Check Exception for this MSI is related to the BIOS and after update the BSOD disappeared!

Thanks so much everyone for helping me reach this stage Machine Check Exception BSOD, Can't find Fix :)

M

Melvin Lim_114, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Machine Check Exception BSOD, Can't find Fix

BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hey all,

I've gotten this error a few times now and I'm not exactly sure what's going on as I've changed nothing on my system in a very long time but it has decided that it is time to BSOD me again *Frown Machine Check Exception BSOD, Can't find Fix :(

I've got the memory dump file but it's 419 mb (is it supposed to be that big?) so uploading it is not practical. Any suggestions on something I can download to decode this for me? I wish I had the foresight to take a picture of it but it restarts the computer too fast for me to think of such an idea.

Suggestions are welcome, thanks *Smile Machine Check Exception BSOD, Can't find Fix :)

oh and btw: it occurs at random times. When I'm gaming, when I'm simply enjoying some pandora, when I'm playing solitaire. So it's not a load related issue.

jasper1605, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Machine Check Exception BSOD, Can't find Fix

1. Machine Check Exception BSOD, Can't find Fix - Similar Threads - Machine Check Exception

2. machine check exception

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    machine check exception: machine check exception? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/machine-check-exception/e6ac8158-540e-4661-ad22-4a5666481592
  3. MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION Freeze and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION Freeze and BSOD: I am experiencing system freeze ups that result in the BSOD with the age old "Your computer has ran into a problem. Gathering information and We'll restart it for you 0% gathered. - For more information research Machine_Check_Exception" I have let the computer hang on that...
  4. Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD

Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD: I am hoping the community may be able to help. I have a brand new HP Pavilion PC purchased from Currys PC World in the UK. I have had the laptop less than a week and am experiencing repeated BSOD with the error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION. I have been in contact with Microsoft...
  5. Random Machine Check Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Machine Check Exception BSOD: When I booted up my PC for the first time (after installing Windows 10) I downloaded the software I had on my old PC, as well as FireFox. Everything was fine until I got my first crash. My PC randomly froze and after around 10-15 seconds I was given a Machine Check Exception...
  6. Machine Check Exception BSOD Randomly

Machine Check Exception BSOD Randomly: Hi, I have been getting Machine_Check_Exception BSOD's regularly, and I don't know why. Things I Have Tried: Reinstall Windows 3 Times Reinstall Drivers Re-seat All Components in PC Factory Reset BIOS Update BIOS Memtest HDDScan Upgrades I Have Done But The BSOD's...
  7. BSOD Machine Check Exception hal.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Machine Check Exception hal.dll: Hello, I've been getting this type of BSOD after the last Windows November Update It Happens randomly but at least once a day I've attached my EventViewer info about the crash I could provide more info if is needed ***UPDATE***...
  8. machine exception check

machine exception check: Hello, I'm having some issues with booting my laptop. Sometimes the boot logo gets stuck and I need to restart laptop several times. It usually boots after the third restart, but recently it gives me BSOD sometimes with machine exception check error and other times it boots...
  9. BSOD Machine check exceptions.

BSOD Machine check exceptions.: My computer freezes randomly, often. In the beginning it was the blue screen that said that it needed to restart and then froze, with the text MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS. And sometimes it's just freezing and i have to hold the powerbutton to power it off. Where do i start? I...
  10. BSOD Machine Check Exception

BSOD Machine Check Exception: I am getting a BSOD issue generally when playing games on my pc. The error code is usually Machine_Check_Exception and it comes up somewhat randomly after playing for a bit. Sometimes I can play for an hour with no issues sometimes it will come up after on few minutes of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. machine check exception YouTube video