Windows 10: Machine check exception - can't do ANYTHING.

Discus and support Machine check exception - can't do ANYTHING. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently purchased a custom made pc that the guy used for 6 months with no problems. I turned on the pc i switch it to high performance mode and hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Forerunner31, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Machine check exception - can't do ANYTHING.

I recently purchased a custom made pc that the guy used for 6 months with no problems. I turned on the pc i switch it to high performance mode and hit restart as it recommended i do so. When it turned back on i got the Machine check exception stop code. I cant do anything. All i can do is force shutdown and turn back on, where i get the same code again and again. I am at a loss on what to do i have looked up typical repair processes but sonce i cant actually use any function of the pc none od them work.

As far as i know i never over clocked the cpu as i did not even run any program yet.

Here is my build.

CPU - Intel Core 9th generation i5-9600K base @ 3.7GHz Turbo boost up to 4.6GHz,
    MSI Motherboard supported Game Mode 6-core boost to 4.4GHz very stable, find no issues in recent games including MHW, AC Odyssey, Anno 1800, Division 2, TF 2, NBA 2k20, RE 2 etc. Further overclocking to 4.8GHz has also been validated 6-core, according to MSI instruction.

Graphic card - MSI Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDRR6 192-bit HDMI-DP Ray Tracing Turing Archetecture VR Ready
    Released in 2019, new architecture, great performance for reasonable price

Motherboard - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC LGA1151 Motherboard
    Main features that make it stand out: on-board wifi/bluetooth adaptor, Audio boost, type-c USB, Mystic Light, Dragon Center app etc.

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 8G+8G DDR4 DRAM 3000 MHz
    The motherboard have four RAM slots, two available for your upgrade.

SSD - ADATA SU800 512G M.2
    M.2 SSD one click to install onto motherboard, no need to connect power, the motherboard has two M.2 slots, feel free to upgrade you hard drive

Others -
    NZXT H500 ATX Mid-Tower Case, tempered glass panel, all steel construction, water-cooling ready, spacious and cable well-organized

EVGA 600 BQ, 80+ Bronze 600W, Semi Modular Power Supply
    500W is more than enough for this setup, but 600W gives plenty room for your upgrade in the future

Cooler Master Hyper 212 black CPU Air Cooler
    works perfect, check out in-game CPU temperature in the images above

Two Corsair ML 120 fans, the tower case come with two fans 4 fans installed in total

Cooler Master High Performance Themal paste applied during installation

:)

Forerunner31, Mar 16, 2020
  2. David4354 Win User

Win10 BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hey everyone, so recently I started getting a lot of Machine Check Exception bluescreens and Im not sure what the cause is. Is there a list of steps to figure out what is causing it?

Thank you for your time.

David4354, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    BSOD MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION

Hi,

Machine Check Exception Freeze and Blue Screen Error is a bug check that indicates that a fatal machine exception has occurred on your system. Try running the blue screen error troubleshooter and follow the instructions on this
    article.

If the issue still persists, check the answer of SpiritX MS MVP, one of our community MVPs, and follow the steps he provided on this
    thread which were found helpful in resolving the issue.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Machine check exception - can't do ANYTHING.

BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hi Melvin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that. I can imagine that must be frustrating. We will work toward fixing this situation for you.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

Just to clarify, the issue occurs only when you play this particular game, is that correct?

I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the link below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Also, try installing the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the game and select
    ‘properties’.

2. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select the appropriate operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

3. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Machine check exception - can't do ANYTHING.

1. Machine check exception - can't do ANYTHING. - Similar Threads - Machine check exception

2. bluescreen machine check exception on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluescreen machine check exception on startup: Hello i am experiancing a blue screen on startup.ik am triing different kind of things but without luck.what i did...- replaced the RAM- replaces the harddrive installing a new version of windows 10, before installing i get the blue screen- replaced the bios to a newer...
  3. bluescreen machine check exception on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bluescreen machine check exception on startup: Hello i am experiancing a blue screen on startup.ik am triing different kind of things but without luck.what i did...- replaced the RAM- replaces the harddrive installing a new version of windows 10, before installing i get the blue screen- replaced the bios to a newer...
  4. bluescreen machine check exception on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. machine check exception

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    machine check exception: machine check exception? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/machine-check-exception/e6ac8158-540e-4661-ad22-4a5666481592
  6. Machine Check Exception Error

Machine Check Exception Error: For the past several months, I have occasionally gotten a Machine Check Exception Error. It will ALWAYS happen when playing certain video games, for instances Hearthstone or Risk of Rain, but it does not happen when playing other games, like Overwatch, Skyrim, or Smite. It...
  7. Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD

Help - Machine Check Exception BSOD: I am hoping the community may be able to help. I have a brand new HP Pavilion PC purchased from Currys PC World in the UK. I have had the laptop less than a week and am experiencing repeated BSOD with the error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION. I have been in contact with Microsoft...
  8. machine check exception error! help

machine check exception error! help: I was playing game and then my pc froze after that I get blue screen error that says MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Event viewer dump: Version=1 EventType=BlueScreen EventTime=132344489219660202 ReportType=4 Consent=1 UploadTime=132344490098159125 ReportStatus=268435556...
  9. machine exception check

machine exception check: Hello, I'm having some issues with booting my laptop. Sometimes the boot logo gets stuck and I need to restart laptop several times. It usually boots after the third restart, but recently it gives me BSOD sometimes with machine exception check error and other times it boots...
  10. BSOD Machine check exceptions.

BSOD Machine check exceptions.: My computer freezes randomly, often. In the beginning it was the blue screen that said that it needed to restart and then froze, with the text MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS. And sometimes it's just freezing and i have to hold the powerbutton to power it off. Where do i start? I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop machine check exception