Windows 10: machine creating windows modules installer restore points continuously

Discus and support machine creating windows modules installer restore points continuously in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey all, Sorry if this is old news. I went back a ways and didn't find anything on it. Great running win 10 pro laptop. SFC passes, I don't use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeG_302, Oct 23, 2018.

1. JoeG_302 Win User

machine creating windows modules installer restore points continuously

Hey all,

Sorry if this is old news. I went back a ways and didn't find anything on it.

Great running win 10 pro laptop. SFC passes, I don't use registry cleaners or anything like that. I create a restore point monthly.

Starting in Aug I noticed that it creates them on its own either every day, or every other day and wipes out any points I created eventually. I don't get it. Version 1803 Build 17134.345

Thanks for any ideas.

machine creating windows modules installer restore points continuously c9622bae-5406-4380-890e-ff4a8ca8783d?upload=true.jpg

:)

JoeG_302, Oct 23, 2018
  2. KCR
    KCR Win User

Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points

It seems, you can disable it in CCleaner, also. . . worked for me, anaway. ✔

machine creating windows modules installer restore points continuously [​IMG]

3. creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 23, 2018
  4. CRGibson Win User

Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points

Every day, for at least three or four weeks, "Windows Modules Installer" is listed in System Restore points as being a restore item.What, Why and How would this be happening?Is there a way to find out what the installer is trying to install (and why it runs every day)?

Thanks for any help*Smile

CRGibson, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

1. machine creating windows modules installer restore points continuously - Similar Threads - machine creating modules

2. creating a restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating a restore point: creating a restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-restore-point/9c1f81c1-0eb2-4663-861f-edef4d87fa44
  3. Create a Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a Restore Point: Sirs, Following a service /inspection by my local computer service engineer - I was recommended to increase the protection- I installed Virus Protection Software from Norton. It was not to my liking and used their uninstall software to remove the installation. The removal...
  4. Windows Modules Installer, should I be seeing it as a restore point?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Modules Installer, should I be seeing it as a restore point?: Hi May be a dumb question, but I've only just started paying more attention to this. I know in the past I've been frustrated by not having a very recent restore point because of bad computer practice when making a change which might affect the registry. I'm doing better. But...
  5. Create a restore point.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a restore point.: Hi there! Does anyone know what the problem is! Attached are 2 images. Unfortunately, the text is in Swedish. With best regards, R. T [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-restore-point/5c93a9c2-7f27-4cad-916b-cc10e0a3abd7
  6. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  7. Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points

Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points: Every day, for at least three or four weeks, "Windows Modules Installer" is listed in System Restore points as being a restore item.What, Why and How would this be happening?Is there a way to find out what the installer is trying to install (and why it runs every day)?...
  8. Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points: Every day, for at least three or four weeks, "Windows Modules Installer" is listed in System Restore points as being a restore item.What, Why and How would this be happening?Is there a way to find out what the installer is trying to install (and why it runs every day)?...
  9. Creating restore points?

Creating restore points?: Is there an application, freeware or paid, that works in creating restore points in Windows 10, so if an installed application messes things up, I can restore the saved point, so Windows 10 loads as if the application was never installed in the first place, and Windows...
  10. Create Restore Points

Create Restore Points: Hi Group, I'm wondering if W-10 can be configured to create a system restore point on a regular basis? Like maybe once a week or so. Also, how much drive space does a restore point use? Thanks 101418