Windows 10: Machine ID change after hardware updates to BIOS

Discus and support Machine ID change after hardware updates to BIOS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Whenever there is a hardware/software update to my computer it creates a new machine ID. It seems to only happen when there is an update to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ross D., Aug 9, 2022.

1. Ross D. Win User

Machine ID change after hardware updates to BIOS

Hello,Whenever there is a hardware/software update to my computer it creates a new machine ID. It seems to only happen when there is an update to the BIOS. Lately it has been every month around the 7-8th of the month.I do not know if it is changing the Device ID or what but there are several systems that I use that identify me thru my machine ID. When it changes it requires these systems to update my new ID number. Some of them do it quickly, others have to be done manually by the proprietor of the software I'm accessing and it can take some time for that to happen. It all costs me money and

:)

Ross D., Aug 9, 2022
  2. Jan Del Win User

how do I get machine id for activation purposes?

Hi Fred,

Machine ID also known as Product ID is being used to identify the device. We suggest following the steps below to get the product ID of your device:

• Type about your PC on the search box.
    • Look for the Product ID.

Machine ID change after hardware updates to BIOS 8259dd73-5f2e-40f9-8ef6-adf8e1d34a66.png

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Wikihera Win User
    Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?

Thanks a Lot. Most internet services like 'Google' tracks us via machine ID and hardware ID.

So I think we need to change these IDs occasionally. Am I right?

Wikihera, Aug 9, 2022
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Machine ID change after hardware updates to BIOS - Similar Threads - Machine change hardware

2. Machine ID changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Machine ID changing: I’ve talked back and forth to Dell because certain cumulative updates from Microsoft are causing my machine ID to change and then bitlocker would lock me out. I completely reinstalled windows 11 home because it shouldn’t have bitlocker and it’s till there. My biggest concern...
  3. Machine ID changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Machine ID changing: I’ve talked back and forth to Dell because certain cumulative updates from Microsoft are causing my machine ID to change and then bitlocker would lock me out. I completely reinstalled windows 11 home because it shouldn’t have bitlocker and it’s till there. My biggest concern...
  4. Machine ID change after hardware updates to BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Machine ID change after hardware updates to BIOS: Hello,Whenever there is a hardware/software update to my computer it creates a new machine ID. It seems to only happen when there is an update to the BIOS. Lately it has been every month around the 7-8th of the month.I do not know if it is changing the Device ID or what but...
  5. Hardware / BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hardware / BIOS: Hello,so a few hours ago, I accidentally gave my CD disk another letter from C to B which my computer somehow didn’t like…I obviously shouldn’t have done this because this caused that my system can’t read any disks anymore.It keeps telling me “A disk read error occurred,...
  6. Hardware id

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hardware id: I was wondering if there was anyway i can change my hardware id. I have no clue why but i got harware banned from fortnite and wanting to know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-id/cd108556-053a-4d3c-a7f0-dca89e1990d7
  7. Change Hardware ID

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Hardware ID: I have software that the company has closed and part of the installation that I need to do has the new hardware ID. It doesn't match the one before upgrading so my user name and key will no longer work. I have documentation showing the original hardware ID and the...
  8. Windows loses activation after BIOS update. No hardware changed.

Windows loses activation after BIOS update. No hardware changed.: Windows loses activation after BIOS update. No hardware changed. This PC was licensed with a digital license through the Insider Program. The PC still shows up on my microsoft account with the same hostname but does not show as powered on... I do use a Microsoft account...
  9. how can i change hardware id?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i change hardware id?: is there anyway that i can change my hardware ip instead of buying a new spec for my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-hardware-id/643e2a04-2f42-4c0e-94af-266b9dece67b
  10. Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?

Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?: Dear Community, I want to change my device ID (machine ID) via regedit. But I want know whether it will affect the Product activation or other authorisations. I have installed Windows 10 and activated. Please advice....