Windows 10: Machine Looking for remote drive that does not exist

Discus and support Machine Looking for remote drive that does not exist in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I first got my new machine I hooked it up to my old machine and drug the user folders across the network. Ever since I did that the new machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aisforapplejisforjax, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Machine Looking for remote drive that does not exist

When I first got my new machine I hooked it up to my old machine and drug the user folders across the network. Ever since I did that the new machine will look for the old machine when I try to browse in an Office application and return error 1606.

The device does not show up in file explorer.

I have removed all references to the device in the registry.

I have run a search for references to the machine from the home.

Is there an Office location cache somewhere that I can clear?

submitted by /u/aisforapplejisforjax
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aisforapplejisforjax, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Machine Looking for remote drive that does not exist

1. Machine Looking for remote drive that does not exist - Similar Threads - Machine Looking remote

2. Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...: I recently turned in my laptop for repair after I got a blue screen error. The error led to the laptop not being able to boot since no boot service was being detected. The repair comments state that Windows was restored to original factory settings. I set up the laptop and...
  3. Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...: I recently turned in my laptop for repair after I got a blue screen error. The error led to the laptop not being able to boot since no boot service was being detected. The repair comments state that Windows was restored to original factory settings. I set up the laptop and...
  4. Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.: I'm getting this error message every time I try to open a USB drive. Sometimes it can be opened, but when I try to take out files it doesn't work and says "this file can cause harm to your computer," and sometimes it just crashes File Explorer.I've tried to repair it using...
  5. Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.: I'm getting this error message every time I try to open a USB drive. Sometimes it can be opened, but when I try to take out files it doesn't work and says "this file can cause harm to your computer," and sometimes it just crashes File Explorer.I've tried to repair it using...
  6. Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. New profile is created when remoting into machine over VPN instead of logging into existing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New profile is created when remoting into machine over VPN instead of logging into existing...: [ATTACH] Simple as the title. I've got a PC at a client's that's creating a new profile instead of logging into the existing account when logging in over VPN. The desktop only shows default icons, none of the network drives are mapped, etc. None of the other PC are having...
  8. Using existing hard drive in new machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using existing hard drive in new machine: Can I install my existing hard drive with win 10 pro in new machine so that I don't have to reinstall everything? Current machine is 8 years old but has i7 in it....
  9. Looking for NAS solution for existing USB hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking for NAS solution for existing USB hard drives: I have some extra external USB 3.0 drives that I wanted to use as part of a NAS solution, so I am looking for some sort of NAS device with USB 3.0 ports where I can plug in my drives. The NAS drive doesn't necessarily need to have any onboard storage capacity, and the less...
  10. does this exist

in Windows 10 Support
    does this exist: hi, i was wondering if it's possible to a windows 10 laptop with my phone, something similar to apple with the iphone and mac 53557