Windows 10: Machine not behaving since upgrading to Windows 10.

Discus and support Machine not behaving since upgrading to Windows 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is an interesting one, and I am not certain it is a Windows 10 issue, just looking for advice. A friend of mine has a machine that I upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by musiclover7, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Machine not behaving since upgrading to Windows 10.

This is an interesting one, and I am not certain it is a Windows 10 issue, just looking for advice. A friend of mine has a machine that I upgraded to windows 10, you know, that whole - you only have a few weeks left to get a free upgrade bit. Seemed like good advice at the time, but now some strangeness has ensued, and I think these symptoms are related.

First off, they can't log into google drive via the desktop app. They get to a login prompt, which appears normal, but when they try to login in just scrolls and scrolls and never logs in.

So, I uninstalled Google drive and set about reinstalling. Then it gets strange. I go to the google drive download page on the internet, and the option to download for pc is missing. I only get an option to download for IOS or Android. I try from another browser, same results. ok.. I then try from another pc, same page, and the link to download for PC is right there, where it should be. So, for some reason, the download page doesn't detect that I am on a PC, no matter what browser I use (only tried edge, IE, and Chrome).

I think there is some sort of a missing plugin on this machine or something. It is just wacky.. so then I go to try to install flash, and the page doesn't render at all.. Like, just a shell of the flash download page. So I download from another pc, and install on this one, but that does not fix the problem.

Any advice appreciated!!

:)

musiclover7, Jul 28, 2016

2. 9 Unexpected shutdowns since 9/21/16 Windows 10 update, none before.

My machine has behaved fine since the Windows update installed early on 10/28/16. (8 days and counting). I notice that one of the patches on that update was for a stack error.

SeldomSeen1, Jul 28, 2016
  3. ReaperTG Win User
    Win 10 volume mixer resetting when application restarted

Unsure what you mean about the previous link, unless you mean "are your sound drivers up to date?" in which case, yes they are.

To re-iterate what i have said before, it's not that i have been having the problem on one machine since windows 7, it's that i have never seen a windows 7 or 10 machine behave in any other way than what i have described. Both personal and company machines,
    fresh install of windows and OS' that have been on the machine for years, different hardware, different programs on machines etc etc. Since windows 7 release i must have owned / fixed for friends / worked with hundreds of PCs and all behaved in this way. This
    is why I am asking the question as to if this is normal operation or if it is indeed a bug / issue.

ReaperTG, Jul 28, 2016
  4. Keiichi25 Win User

Machine not behaving since upgrading to Windows 10.

I would see if you can run Malwarebyte's Anti-malware. There is a possibility that your computer has some malware and the upgrade has made it a little more obvious.

Keiichi25, Jul 29, 2016
  5. AmericanPharaoh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Machine not behaving since upgrading to Windows 10.

1. Machine not behaving since upgrading to Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Machine behaving since

2. Upgrading Windows 7 machine to Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading Windows 7 machine to Windows 10/11: Hi,I have an old custom-made gaming PC running Windows 7 that I bought 10 years ago. I have not been using it for the past couple of years while I was studying, but now I finally have enough room in my apartment to start using it again. Is it still possible to upgrade the OS...
  3. Upgrading Windows 7 machine to Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading Windows 7 machine to Windows 10/11: Hi,I have an old custom-made gaming PC running Windows 7 that I bought 10 years ago. I have not been using it for the past couple of years while I was studying, but now I finally have enough room in my apartment to start using it again. Is it still possible to upgrade the OS...
  4. Windows 10 behaves oddly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 behaves oddly: I am on the latest build. And suddenly its started behaving strangely. Keyboard doesn't works properly, tried changing keyboard and tried on screen keyboard but not working. It thought it could be a malware found some suspicious apps deleted them but still probelm not solved....
  5. Windows 10 Calculator behaves strange!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Calculator behaves strange!!!: I just found out something strange regarding the windows 10 calculator and am posting a video regarding it: https://youtu.be/JLMJXajzkw0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-calculator-behaves-strange/ce0ecd87-6fc4-4c59-8b8c-f1b182fc8ac2
  6. Since the recent Windows 10 Feature Update 1809, the Address Bar in the Taskbar is behaving...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since the recent Windows 10 Feature Update 1809, the Address Bar in the Taskbar is behaving...: Hi, I use the address bar in the taskbar a lot. After the recent Feature update, the text colour I type in the address bar is the same as the address bar background itself i.e. black. Consequently I can't see what I have typed in. If I remove the address bar from the...
  7. Full Install of Windows 10 on an Upgraded Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full Install of Windows 10 on an Upgraded Machine: Hello, So, I'm interested in wiping (i.e. format) my entire harddrive and doing a fresh Windows 10 install on the computer. I've already burned a Windows 10 installation ISO onto a dvd, but I'm wondering if a full install of Windows 10 works on an Acer laptop that was...
  8. Cannot print since upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot print since upgrading to Windows 10: I have a HP Deskjet 1051 J410 and can't print since I updated to Windows 10. I have run the troubleshooter & under Details it says it detects a problem but doesn't say what it is. The printer shows up under Devices & Printers & says it is working properly & has the most...
  9. Since upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Since upgrading to windows 10: Hello, New here. I upgraded to windows 10 this morning and since doing so my speakers are turned off in windows. I have hunted everywhere to turn them on and can't find how to do it and also I can not play videos on youtube. It just gives me an error. Before I upgraded both...
  10. Unplug hard drives to get Windows 10 upgrade to behave

in Windows 10 News
    Unplug hard drives to get Windows 10 upgrade to behave: If you are trying to upgrade to Windows 10, but keep getting the cyptic error code of 80070002, it could be time to open your box and unplug some cables. For me, I always saw the 80070002 error code, and Microsoft's official explanation and workaround did not help....