Windows 10: machine says hibernating

Discus and support machine says hibernating in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my laptop says hibernating since yesterday- wont let me escape and tried escaping and switching off a few times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bernardk381, Jan 13, 2019.

1. machine says hibernating

my laptop says hibernating since yesterday- wont let me escape and tried escaping and switching off a few times

:)

bernardk381, Jan 13, 2019

2. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jan 13, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

machine says hibernating

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

machine says hibernating

1. machine says hibernating - Similar Threads - machine says hibernating

2. Virtual Smart Card Error after Machine Resumes From Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Smart Card Error after Machine Resumes From Hibernate: I have a UWP application that signs some data using a certificate stored on a virtual smart card on the TPM. Whenever the machine resumes from hibernate, the virtual smart card seems to get in a bad state: when I type in the PIN, the box says "There was an error while...
  3. Virtual Smart Card Error after Machine Resumes From Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Smart Card Error after Machine Resumes From Hibernate: I have a UWP application that signs some data using a certificate stored on a virtual smart card on the TPM. Whenever the machine resumes from hibernate, the virtual smart card seems to get in a bad state: when I type in the PIN, the box says "There was an error while...
  4. Virtual Smart Card Error after Machine Resumes From Hibernate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop is hibernating when plugged in when setting says not to

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop is hibernating when plugged in when setting says not to: On my Dell laptop, I have all sleep type settings off or on very high minutes so that it doesn't. I have System unattended sleep timeout showing and that is set high also. Still, after I come home after several hours, my laptop is shut down. I ran sleep diagnostics and it...
  6. Why does my machine say "not responding"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my machine say "not responding"?: When I'm on google browser, and I am looking at something, often times my laptop says "not responding" and it just stops working. Also I have seen "preparing security issues". Seems like am awful lot of updates. Either way it is annoying....
  7. ip address is in use on another machine?? hibernate resume problem?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ip address is in use on another machine?? hibernate resume problem?: I went to see my daughter and after she resumed her computer from hibernate (it had been off for about 2 days) a message popped up saying its ip address had been detected in use by another computer. I suspect it was my cell phone that when in range asked for an ip address...
  8. Windows is waking up the machine from hibernation hours later...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is waking up the machine from hibernation hours later...: Hello. I usually use hibernation. But now with windows 10 sometimes when I arrive at home, the machine is on. I suspect that the auto update is trying to rebooted the system by itself... is that possible? What could be the reason? Once I saw this happening and soon after...
  9. Windows stuck at login loop saying hibernating

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows stuck at login loop saying hibernating: I have a acer aspire es1 laptop and i upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and when i switch on my computer from cold boot it loads up but when at the login screen it gives the spinning wheel saying hibernating above it but will not go any further. Need help please 15277
  10. Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation: My desktop machine keeps waking itself up from hibernation, usually during the night, despite my having taken all reasonable steps to stop it. I have: disabled waking on network, mouse and RTC in BIOS setup disabled wake on mouse and network in device manager (and checked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. machine says that it is hibernated but it is not