Windows 10: Machine_check_exception BSOD (hal.dll error)

Discus and support Machine_check_exception BSOD (hal.dll error) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I've had a problem tonight that has happened before, but usually not so much that is causes a blue screen. (Usually just computer lag, very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Megazord, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Megazord Win User

Machine_check_exception BSOD (hal.dll error)

Hello all,

I've had a problem tonight that has happened before, but usually not so much that is causes a blue screen. (Usually just computer lag, very slow mouse cursor, any graphics being shown slow down) Correct me if I'm wrong, but this sounds it could be a RAM related issue just based on my experience being into computers since I was a teenager (28 now). However, I'd like to be sure and get help from people who I know, know more.

So what happened tonight when I blue screened was I had Hearthstone open, with Firefox and over 150 tabs open (normal for me) and I blue screened. Something I noticed was that many of my programs crashed before I blue screened (ethernet driver, printer driver, etc.) I then tried to recreate the problem, and was successful after turning paging back on so I could actually make a dump file. Booted up BlueScreenView and saw that it was hal.dll.

I use my PC regularly for multitasking with games + browsers open all the time, and usually don't have much of an issue. Is this an issue even with 16 GB ram? Most of the time my set up is the game I'm playing open on monitor 1, and my browser open on monitor 2. After reading up similar problems before posting this I noticed that that the dump file is always requested to be debugged, so that's why I'm here. (BTW, I looked into doing that briefly but I'm not sure - how complicated is it to do it yourself? I've never done it before clearly)

I have attached my dump file along with all the other stuff in the zip below.

Specs if needed:

I had a completely different issue back in June where my computer would just turn off seemingly randomly. I got a new graphics card and that one problem has since gone away. I couldn't figure out WTF was going on for the longest time. That is why there is so much information listed with each component.

16 GB RAM (4x4x4x4) DDR 3 RipJaws. 2 sticks are from an older set, two are from a newer one. Same model - Despite this there are some small discrepancies between specs. Have tested in Memtest 64+ overnight multiple times both with all 4 in and found no issues. After I tested each one individually (but only for a couple hours instead of all night). There may configurations of this RAM set up that could be explored more.

Asus Phoenix GTX 1050TI just recently got used and has breathed new life into my system after using an older 470 SC for quite a few years.

i7-950 - Apparently not compatible with the Intel processor diagnostic utility? I tried to run it anyways and got an IMC test failure. Applied new thermal paste to it about two months ago. Haven't had it overclocked in a very long time, stock speed.

EVGA SLI3 Mobo - don't think they make updates for this anymore. Also the part that I had tested the least. (How do you test of a MOBO without having another one?)

Corsair TX 750 PSU

1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F3

1 TB WDD Blue

120 GB Kingston HyperX SSD - Has OS on it
    Checked all hard drives again in crystal disk info and they're all rated as "Good" still, as usual.

Let me know if you need anymore information. Thank you.

:)

Megazord, Aug 11, 2018
  2. TSX420J Win User
    TSX420J, Aug 11, 2018
  3. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS error

Hi Danicela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting the error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS be rest assured, we are happy to help you.

Appreciate you for trying to fix the issue by yourself.

There area lot of CPU functions that are disabled in safe mode ( You may use your favorite search engine and perform a search). Let's follow the steps below and try resolving the issue.

First run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    I suggest you to contact your manufacturer and update the BIOS. Machine Check Exception is related to the BIOS. After BIOS is updated, it should be fine.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Aug 11, 2018
  4. TSX420J Win User

HAL DLLs error on XP

I finally put my computer together And ran into problems. First problem was once I installed windows XP I could not get my PC to run through VGA so I connected it though S-video. Now window starts up and works fine. Next I installed the GPU drivers and set the res to 1080p, and restarted using the VGA output. Everything worked fine. Next I installed the MB drivers, restarted and could not get windows to run. I tried to install windows again and now I get a software error saying Something about HAL DLLs. I am a noob, a very fustrated noob. Please help me. Thanks in advance. *Respect :respect:

I went on yahoo and did a seach but only got info for NT.

TSX420J, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Machine_check_exception BSOD (hal.dll error) - Similar Threads - Machine_check_exception BSOD hal

2. BSOD and MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error: Hello...I'm running Windows 11 Home x64 v. 23H2 on an MSI Raider GE76 laptop i7-1200H, 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 with the latest drivers and just recently I've been getting BSODs following a complete freeze with a buzzing noise in the background ONLY while playing MSF S...
  3. BSOD and MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error: Hello...I'm running Windows 11 Home x64 v. 23H2 on an MSI Raider GE76 laptop i7-1200H, 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 with the latest drivers and just recently I've been getting BSODs following a complete freeze with a buzzing noise in the background ONLY while playing MSF S...
  4. Machine_check_exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Machine_check_exception BSOD: Hi guys, So I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 because of driver issues but now I'm getting Machine_check_exception BSOD. I googled for solutions and read the minidumps via bluescreenview and apparently it's caused by hal.dll+49b91. Can anyone help with this error? I...
  5. Machine_check_Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Machine_check_Exception BSOD: Hi, I've been having crashes for almost a year now and I haven't been able to figure out why so yesterday I decided to delete all my files and reinstall Windows 10 and I still got a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD crash. Also, the crashes only happens when I'm playing a game...
  6. BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception

BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception: Randomly I have a BSOD Machine_Check_Exception (code 0x9C) On Mon 16-Sep-19 4:58:49 PM GMT your computer crashed On Mon 16-Sep-19 3:54:42 PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091619-9968-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following...
  7. BSOD with error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

BSOD with error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION: I built a new pc about a month ago now and it has crashed about 8 or 9 times all with the error code MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. These crashes occur randomly (idle, in game, browsing the web) and I can not seem to figure out exactly is going on in my case, despite looking at...
  8. bsod machine_check_exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod machine_check_exception: hi there, i have been having an issue for some time where i will occasionally be blue screened while in chrome, most often while watching a video in full screen, but not always. the error i am always given is the Machine Check exception, and when i look a the bluescreen...
  9. Machine_Check_Exception BSOD

Machine_Check_Exception BSOD: For the past few days, playing Fallout 4 seems to invariably end in a BSOD usually with a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error, but a few times the screen has simply frozen during play, sound crashed loudly, and the machine has not responded to any keyboard or mouse input. Graphics...
  10. Bsod - machine_check_exception

Bsod - machine_check_exception: Hello Ladies & Gents! I'm a SevenForums member, DreadStar/DreadStarX! It's been a long time since I've been on here, and found that SF/EF/TF is one of the best resources for OS Problems. So, here's the problem. When I boot up VMWare Workstation, and attempt to...