Windows 10: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION caused by hal.dll+39b9d - occurrs randomly

Discus and support MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION caused by hal.dll+39b9d - occurrs randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been troubleshooting trying to find the problem for ages, so I am seeking some more competent help. The stop core occurs randomly where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nyx, Oct 17, 2017.

1. NYX
    Nyx Win User

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION caused by hal.dll+39b9d - occurrs randomly

Hello,
    I've been troubleshooting trying to find the problem for ages, so I am seeking some more competent help. The stop core occurs randomly where for the most part it is when I browse and scroll with some media open (Youtube, banner adds). The issue is not related with games or any other GPU heavy applications. usually happens when I open a minimized browser, where Chrome triggers it the most. 5-10 minutes tops, after I open it and browse in multiple tabs. If I use Opera or Edge only, the BSOD happens every few days, while with Chrome it happens multiple times a day.

I have stress tested the processor (prime95), the RAM (memtest86+) and the GPU (Furmark).
    The BIOS is the latest version (3403).
    CMOS was cleared as well.
    All components were plugged out and back in, cabling checked.

Clean install of W10 has been done at least 5 times now.

I have tested with both automatically updated drivers and with vendor recommended Chipset and GPU drivers (Asus and AMD respectively). I also downloaded the Intel recommended drivers.

After my recent fresh re-install today Chrome just annihilates the system and crashes within a few minutes when something is played for a while and when I open a few tabs on top of it. I rave reinstalled the audio and GPU drivers twice.

PFA the dumps.

:)

2. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Help please

How to fix machine_check_exception? Please help me.

------------------------------------------------

From bluescreenview:

071017-6015-01.dmp 2017-07-10 18:34:41 MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
    0x0000009c 00000000`00000000 ffffd701`a43d9820
    00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 hal.dll
    hal.dll+39b9d x64 ntoskrnl.exe+16c3f0
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071017-6015-01.dmp 4 15
    15063 507 092 2017-07-10 18:36:42

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From WhoCrashed:

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 2017-07-10 18:34:41 your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071017-6015-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x39B9D)

Bugcheck code: 0x9C (0x0, 0xFFFFD701A43D9820, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newest minidump:

Dropbox - 070517-4312-01.dmp

DanielWallberg, Oct 17, 2017
  3. blue screen crash

when i play pubg sometimes i got bluescreen but i try to play dota 2 at the start of the game i got the same crash blue screen.

Here is the code:

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

bug check code: 0x0000009c

parameter 1: 00000000`00000000

parameter 2: ffffc181`3e04bd80

parameter 3: 00000000`00000000

parameter 4: 00000000`00000000

caused by driver: hal.dll

caused by adress: hal.dll+3c4e5

crash adress: ntoskrnl.exe+175430

batuhankıllıoğlu, Oct 17, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION caused by hal.dll+39b9d - occurrs randomly [​IMG]

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION caused by hal.dll+39b9d - occurrs randomly [​IMG]

5. NYX
    Nyx Win User
    Done.

6. axe0 New Member
    Where's the rest of the specs?

7. NYX
    Nyx Win User
    I am pretty sure I provided everything there is in the System Info tool. Please check.

What else should I provide?

8. axe0 New Member

What test did you run with Prime95?

What are the temperatures with the stress tests?

9. NYX
    Nyx Win User
    A few blend tests around 6 hours each and one custom torture with a similar duration.

Last time temps were around 98-100 C during stress tests. Otherwise they never surpass 50.

10. axe0 New Member
    How old is your system?

11. NYX
    Nyx Win User
    1 year old. The BSODs however started popping up around 3 months ago. With little frequency like once a month and appearing more often over time.

Thema:

1. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION caused by hal.dll+39b9d - occurrs randomly - Similar Threads - MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION caused hal

2. OneDrive Randomly Causing DLL Load Order Bugs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Randomly Causing DLL Load Order Bugs: One of my fellow developers on a project of ours experienced a very strange bug yesterday/today that we can only assume/narrow down to potentially being a bug with OneDrive. To give some context, our project is an injected hook into a video game to expand the game's feature...
  3. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 9c

in Windows 10 Customization
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 9c: Nothing's overclocked, drivers are up to date, ram and cpu have been tested, no faults. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.1 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Users\user\Documents\New...
  4. noskernel.exe causing PC to restart randomly with error code " MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION "

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    noskernel.exe causing PC to restart randomly with error code " MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION ": Hey guys I'm facing as issue where my PC randomly crashes with error code "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION". I checked the Mini Dump file and found out the ntoskernel.exe is casuing this error. What can I do to fix it? Things I've tried: Testing RAM Its fine Using PC without GPU...
  5. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Error.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Error.: Everytime I try to boot my PC, the loading crashes and gives me a BSOD. It has a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Error. It then restarts and loops crashing and restarting. Anyone know any fixes?...
  6. bsod machine_check_exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod machine_check_exception: hi there, i have been having an issue for some time where i will occasionally be blue screened while in chrome, most often while watching a video in full screen, but not always. the error i am always given is the Machine Check exception, and when i look a the bluescreen...
  7. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION caused by hal.dll

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION caused by hal.dll: The BSOD mini dump files displayed bugchecks: 9C 101 9C is now WHEA 0x124 The WHEA 0x124 often indicates malfunctioning hardware. The RAM is mismatched. In general the RAM should be used with identical SKU. How long have the different RAM modules been in use?...
  8. BSOD - MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION at random times

BSOD - MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION at random times: Hello, Recently I keep getting BSOD's related to a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. I've had BSODs before (not with this computer) and have been able to fix them, but this one is unknown to me and I am out of ideas. This BSOD occurs at random times. It's not happening when a...
  9. Random BSOD Machine_Check_Exception after Win 10

Random BSOD Machine_Check_Exception after Win 10: Hi, I've been getting random this random bsod every time I try to boot my laptop. It's been happening everyday after 2 weeks, since I updated from windows 7 to windows 10. Thanks in advance. 24762
  10. Random MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9c) Occurrences

Random MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9c) Occurrences: What I've done so far: -Checked every possible component for failure. CPU, RAM, Video Card. Ran various stress tests, no errors occurred. -Reinstalled Windows 10 twice. Once I left the updater to download all the recommended rivers The second time I downloaded the...