Windows 10: Machine_check_exception help needed

Discus and support Machine_check_exception help needed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm experiencing a blue screen with a machine_check_exception. I'm asking here because my PC shop couldn't detect the issue but tested my hardware and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KieranRalph, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Machine_check_exception help needed

I'm experiencing a blue screen with a machine_check_exception. I'm asking here because my PC shop couldn't detect the issue but tested my hardware and said it's all okay. They only said something might be wrong with my internet? Though I don't understand how a bad connection(i wouldn't call mine bad, it only disconnects once a day for 2-4 mins at most) could cause a blue screen.

Originally I would play a big game (like dead rising 3, GTA V or Pathfinder Kingmaker) and it would last 5-15 mins, then freeze, then go the blue screen.
    Event Viewer shows a "Error: Failed to add firewall exception for C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\cef\cef.win7x64\steamwebhelper.exe" - This was looked at because the cef.win7x64 doesn't exist but cef.win7 does.
    So I have ceased using steam to see if that helps and it seemed too but I was watching youtube, with discord and bluestacks running tap titans 2 and it bluescreened the exact same way.
    I checked Event Viewer again and I don't much.

I'm really hoping someone can assist me as I have seen related questions but they didn't have answers or the solutions were beyond me.
    I should mention this PC is very new. I've had it for less than 3 weeks.
    My Specs:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
    16GB RAM
    6GB Graphics card
    TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING motherboard

:)

KieranRalph, Mar 27, 2019

2. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS error

Hi Danicela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting the error MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSODS be rest assured, we are happy to help you.

Appreciate you for trying to fix the issue by yourself.

There area lot of CPU functions that are disabled in safe mode ( You may use your favorite search engine and perform a search). Let's follow the steps below and try resolving the issue.

First run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    I suggest you to contact your manufacturer and update the BIOS. Machine Check Exception is related to the BIOS. After BIOS is updated, it should be fine.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Mar 27, 2019
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Machine_check_exception help needed

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Help please

How to fix machine_check_exception? Please help me.

------------------------------------------------

From bluescreenview:

071017-6015-01.dmp 2017-07-10 18:34:41 MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
    0x0000009c 00000000`00000000 ffffd701`a43d9820
    00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 hal.dll
    hal.dll+39b9d x64 ntoskrnl.exe+16c3f0
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071017-6015-01.dmp 4 15
    15063 507 092 2017-07-10 18:36:42

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From WhoCrashed:

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 2017-07-10 18:34:41 your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071017-6015-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x39B9D)

Bugcheck code: 0x9C (0x0, 0xFFFFD701A43D9820, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newest minidump:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdb8t0tjzdnj89v/070517-4312-01.dmp?dl=0

DanielWallberg, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Machine_check_exception help needed

1. Machine_check_exception help needed - Similar Threads - Machine_check_exception help needed

2. help with MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help with MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION: Hi!! when i turn on my pc show a blue screen "machine_check_exception" this was a long time before, but in the past i could use my pc for play games or study because the blue screen was randomly. Now its always thay turn on, starts with PC diagnostics, and at that moment...
  3. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 9c

in Windows 10 Customization
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 9c: Nothing's overclocked, drivers are up to date, ram and cpu have been tested, no faults. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.1 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Users\user\Documents\New...
  4. Repeatedly getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreen, need help checking dumps!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeatedly getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreen, need help checking dumps!: Hey, So for a few weeks I have been suffering from MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreens and have tried a multitude of fixes and troubleshooting. I have checked drives, verified windows files, I have checked my ram with memtest86, reinstalled windows from a couple of...
  5. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Error.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Error.: Everytime I try to boot my PC, the loading crashes and gives me a BSOD. It has a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Error. It then restarts and loops crashing and restarting. Anyone know any fixes?...
  6. Machine_check_exception BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Machine_check_exception BSOD: Hi guys, So I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 because of driver issues but now I'm getting Machine_check_exception BSOD. I googled for solutions and read the minidumps via bluescreenview and apparently it's caused by hal.dll+49b91. Can anyone help with this error? I...
  7. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION help please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION help please: I built a new machine I7 9700k, MSI MEG AXE z390 MB, Corsair dominator 16 gb x 2 ram, Zotac rtx 2080 GPU, Corsair h100i water cooler, Seasonic foxus PX-850 power supply. My case also has 3 RGB LED Fans I am receiving an error so i used WHOCRASHED to analyze the minidump file....
  8. BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception

BSOD : Machine_Check_Exception: Randomly I have a BSOD Machine_Check_Exception (code 0x9C) On Mon 16-Sep-19 4:58:49 PM GMT your computer crashed On Mon 16-Sep-19 3:54:42 PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091619-9968-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following...
  9. bsod machine_check_exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod machine_check_exception: hi there, i have been having an issue for some time where i will occasionally be blue screened while in chrome, most often while watching a video in full screen, but not always. the error i am always given is the Machine Check exception, and when i look a the bluescreen...
  10. Please Help: BSOD (MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9c)

Please Help: BSOD (MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9c): ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * *...