Windows 10: Macirum Reflect storage question

Discus and support Macirum Reflect storage question in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've never used Macrium, but after a self induced panic, and an apparent forthcoming Windows update I am way overdue backing things up. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by smalltown, Mar 15, 2019.

1. smalltown Win User

Macirum Reflect storage question

I've never used Macrium, but after a self induced panic, and an apparent forthcoming Windows update I am way overdue backing things up. I have been trying to read all the posts about Macrium. I am currently reading one thread that's ~49 pages long.

I'll download that latest Macrium version 7, but right now I have a question about storage.
    It seems like the best way is to store a backup is on a USB drive rather then dedicate an entire hard drive ?
    If the USB is the way to go what memory size should I be looking to purchase.
    My current set up is an SSD with my OS, and installed programs. My photos, and other documents are on another regular spinner drive. At present my C drive properties shows 72.1 GB used.

As to my self induced panic you may get a laugh out of it.
    My system although I know it's old still "to me" loads programs even the browser too slowly, but once loaded operates fine. So in an effort to help myself after reading on this forum about turning on a diagnostic mode I did just that. Rebooted then went into my panic. I could not use any tools no internet access no sound etc. I could move about the system, but could not do much more. I said to myself "now you've done it McGinty", and other not so much nice language. It was getting late, and I was tired so I backed away, and resumed trying the next day. I could hear the forum saying you should have been backing up, but I was too late I had done the deed. Then I tried repeating what I had done invoking this diagnostic mode, and saw the menu choices. That's when I realized that once in the diagnostic mode you need to option back out of it, and reboot. Nice way to lose a few pounds of weight without exercising !

:)

smalltown, Mar 15, 2019

2. Memory card is not reflecting on storage sense

Hi,

To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are there any pending software updates on the phone? To check it, go to
      Settings> Phone update> Check for updates
    • Have you tried taking off the SD card, then put it back in after a few seconds?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Mar 15, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macirum Reflect storage question [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 15, 2019
  4. anilkuk Win User

Memory card is not reflecting on storage sense

Memory card is not identified in storage sense but they can view in file and also it reflects all data in the memory card. Can you please tell me what is the issue?

anilkuk, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Macirum Reflect storage question - Similar Threads - Macirum Reflect storage

2. Macrium Reflect question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect question: I've been told I should be doing backups more often. My last one was 1.5 years ago and was a full disk image backup. I heard that a differential backup could be done that would simply update my original backup. So now I did that after looking up directions on how to do it and...
  3. Macirum Reflect Free Quick Little Question

Macirum Reflect Free Quick Little Question: If i Decide to ever go back to Free version if still offered, and not purchase another Home Version license in the future, currently using a 4 pack, with Keys in use for 3 systems, 4th Key not in use right now. So would it be wise to use that in the future, or go back to...
  4. Macrium Reflect Question

Macrium Reflect Question: Hi all, I know there is plenty of support for MR on this site but I could not find the answer to this particular question. I am thinking of installing MR and I noticed in KARI's how-to article (very good) that you could install Free or Home. I will just be using it on my...
  5. Macirum Reflect storage question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Macirum Reflect storage question: I've never used Macrium, but after a self induced panic, and an apparent forthcoming Windows update I am way overdue backing things up. I have been trying to read all the posts about Macrium. I am currently reading one thread that's ~49 pages long. I'll download that latest...
  6. Macrium Reflect question

Macrium Reflect question: If I use MR to create an image of a MBR disk is it OK to store that image on a GPT disk ? Is it going to cause problems if I need to restore the image to the MBR disk ? 121523
  7. Macrium Reflect Question

Macrium Reflect Question: Ok Way i do thing is SSD is OS and 1 game that i put on there, and a few small programs, Storage drive has Music, pictures, documents, other games i don't want on the SSD, If i do an image after Redstone 5 clean install do i just image the SSD? or wait til i get stuff...
  8. Macrium Reflect Question

Macrium Reflect Question: I have created a Macrium Reflect USB drive. That was in 2017. How can I upgrade it? Don Cole 113764
  9. Macrium Reflect Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect Question: I have created a Macrium Reflect USB drive. That was in 2017. How can I upgrade it? Don Cole 113764
  10. A Question About Macrium Reflect

A Question About Macrium Reflect: Will Macrium take care of it when making the Bootable rescue media on a USB or do I need a third party tool to make partitions and to make it Bootable? I'v got a brand new USB flash Drive that's factory formatted to FAT32. Do I need to make any further prep with it? 97810