Windows 10: MacOS Catalina - BOOTCAMP - WIN10 - Parallels Desktop 15

Discus and support MacOS Catalina - BOOTCAMP - WIN10 - Parallels Desktop 15 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just before I start - I have tried all regular responses found on forums, and no, I will not appreciate blanket scripted copy paste answers that I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by maaxaam, Jan 31, 2020.

1. maaxaam Win User

MacOS Catalina - BOOTCAMP - WIN10 - Parallels Desktop 15

Just before I start - I have tried all regular responses found on forums, and no, I will not appreciate blanket scripted copy paste answers that I am capable of finding myself. I wouldn't be writing here if I managed to fix the issue with "those" answers.

please note that I've been using Parallels since v9 and this is the first time I am coming across these issues described here.

I've been using and troubleshooting Mac and Windows systems for a better part of my time with computers.

My Windows installations are clean as they are used for gaming exclusively. The installed apps are Steam, Origin, Blizzard's Battle.net, Epic games launcher, Uplay, Java, TuneUp from AVG, WinRar, Chrome, DirectX, ATIlol, it is AMD Radeon these days, so now you know my age drivers, BOOTCAMP drivers, ExpressVPN, VPNUnlimted, Spotify, WeChat and and other .net frameworks needed. That's it.

Machine 16in MBP
    i9, 32GB RAM
    Parallels 15

Issue 1: After loading BC partition - Activation dies - PERMANENTLY
    Yes, this happening the 1st time is expected.
    When you reactivate Win10 over a troubleshooter it works the 1st time. Restarting the computer into Windows over BOOTCAMP natively - GUID or HWID or which ever ID that gets generated for Win10 activationchanges seemingly again and now activation is not possible anymore. Not over Troubleshooter, not over 'I changed HW on this device recently". When you list the devices that have WIN10 bound - it shows both theMAC and Virtual machine on the list but does not allow you to select the machine and say - This is the machine I am using now. This happens both in BOOTCAMP and in Virtual machine when you start MacOS again andrun it from the PD15. I have 4 different keys and none of them seem to work to reactivate Win10. The basic Win10 support did not manage to resolve the issue as well. They suggested reaching out to Level 2 support. As I needed to dig in deeper I did not contact them yet. Interestingly the issue gets fixed if I delete thebootcamp partition and reinstall windows 10 again - et voila - all is fixed activation-wise. But the problem repeats as soon as I run P15 even without installingparallels tools which were my first suspect. So far the only functional solution I found was NOT to boot my bootcamp partition through parallels. The other solution that fixed the activation but BROKEEVERYTHING else was the "Roll back" option in windows and using a restore point. I've lost everything from the desktop, all apps there, shortcuts etc...

I have tested this with Insider edition of build 2041 as well as 1909 regular edition from November or December 2019.

the insider edition breaks a plethora of regular functionality through updates such as Windows MediaPlayer in one instance. You would think this is not an issue per se, but for some reason WMP functionality is a key to some games operating properly. Like Borderlands 3 as it does not want to start up the intro animations nor in game videos which are key to game progression. In case some of your games are not working - take a look if ur WMP is working fine. And no - no codec pack installs, WMP classic, KB packages or media packages from MS or similar will fix it. Windows fresh reinstall will be the only solution yet again was to me.

Issue 2 - Parallels breaks Windows store functionality

Resetting the Windows store does NOT fix the issues with INSTALLED sw. Re-registering components and using Powershell commands I have found seem to focus on only Windows store which does not refresh the installed apps contracts with new HWID/GUID.

If you installed Bootcamp, used bootcamp for a while and installed any apps from Windows Store - Like any windows based apps solitaire, paint and onwards - asthey get updated when you run store for the 1st time,WeChat, Spotify and Forza Horizon 4 of 88GB - they will stop working.

Forza Horizon 4 stops loading as it says it is not present on the account and throws an 0x8007005error. I wasn't sure what the deal was exactly even though I had a notion it may be connected to the potential HW change from Win10 perspective. It wasn't until I tried to launch the small app like Spotify until I got a clear clue from there:
    "CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID inthe bound device license" and crash. I saw that the win apps automatically re-download themselves and reacquire licenses when doing so.

no clues found on ForzaHorizon 4 forums as well as on MS forums, Reddit or similar yielded any effect but the 4th download of the frikkin game mastodont.

I have used the commands found here in this forum to try to restore Win10 Store functionality to no avail. Win Store does not have the functionality to test the integrity of the files like any other gaming system. Sigh so re-download of ALL previously downloaded apps is the only solution I found to be working.

I am not sure if there is a way to safely roll back the HWID that shifts with starting the BOOTCAMP through parallels or is there a way to setup the virtual machine in such a way that would not push windows into this change? For now, I am giving up on Parallels as trying to deal with this issues has taken days to figure out this far and re-download/re-install items.

phew. This is a long post that may help someoneunderstand the issues faced.

cheers,
    maaxaam

:)

maaxaam, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Tetsujin Win User
    Tetsujin, Jan 31, 2020
  3. K_RKrick Win User
    Transfering Win10 from Parallels VM to Bootcamp Partition

Hello,

I have Win10 installed via Parallels in a VM. This is really not optimal for games so I now have a 200 GB Partition made with Win10 installed via Bootcamp. However, I cannot activate my version of windows. I already have my Microsoft account set up on the
    Bootcamp machine and it shows the last 5 digits of my product key. Can I deactivate the parallels VM and transfer the Product Key to the Bootcamp version? I really don't feel like shelling out $120.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

K_RKrick, Jan 31, 2020
  4. MacOS Catalina - BOOTCAMP - WIN10 - Parallels Desktop 15

Windows license problem in bootcamp and Parallels Desktop

I am a MacBook Pro user and using Bootcamp and Virtual Machines Parallels Desktop 14 in the same time. The license suppose to be able to use in both engine cause it is the same computer.

However, I activated the Windows license in the Parallels Desktop first.

Now, the Windows in Bootcamp is telling me that the product key was already used on another device.

Please help me. I do not want to purchase again the license using in the same computer.

rena-0620123, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

MacOS Catalina - BOOTCAMP - WIN10 - Parallels Desktop 15

1. MacOS Catalina - BOOTCAMP - WIN10 - Parallels Desktop 15 - Similar Threads - MacOS Catalina BOOTCAMP

2. Parallels to Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parallels to Bootcamp: Hi,I wanted to deactivate Windows 10 on Parallels virutal machine, and activate the license in Bootcamp. How am I supposed to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parallels-to-bootcamp/b48a7614-c730-4afc-8bb1-e094ace99388
  3. Parallels to Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parallels to Bootcamp: Hi,I wanted to deactivate Windows 10 on Parallels virutal machine, and activate the license in Bootcamp. How am I supposed to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parallels-to-bootcamp/b48a7614-c730-4afc-8bb1-e094ace99388
  4. Parallels to Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. MacOS bootcamp wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MacOS bootcamp wireless adapter: Hello all. So, I've just downloaded bootcamp on macos to run some games but now i'm facing internet connection issues. The wifi speed on bootcamp is hovering around 50mbps while on the macos, it hovers around 90mbps, sometimes exceeding 100. I've reset the network settings...
  6. MacOS Bootcamp too little memory?

in Windows 10 Customization
    MacOS Bootcamp too little memory?: I'm trying to install Win10 on my MBP using Boot Camp, but the Boot Camp Wizard says I don't have enough memory, I have 46 GB free and it only needs 42 GB. MacOS Bootcamp zu wenig Speicher?
  7. Parallels to bootcamp shift

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Parallels to bootcamp shift: Hi, I have been using Windows 10 on my MacBook through Parallels. Now, my Parallels license has expired. I would like to Install Bootcamp and use the activation key of Windows 10. How may I go about this? I cannot access the windows 10 activation key anymore since...
  8. Parallels Desktop breaks Bootcamp Manager bootcamp.exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Parallels Desktop breaks Bootcamp Manager bootcamp.exe: Hello everybody, I have a problem with Parallels Desktop breaking Bootcamp.exe. To explain what happens, I'll describe the process step by step. First of all, I'm using a MacBook Pro 15" 2017, 2.0 Ghz i7, 16GB RAM running macOS Catalina 10.15.3 and Windows 10 Pro 1909...
  9. Failed to open a session for the virtual machine MacOS Catalina. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed to open a session for the virtual machine MacOS Catalina. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM...: I have recently purchased a Dell Window 10 Pro Laptop. Intel i7-10510u cpu, 1.80GHZ, 8GB memory, 512GB SSD /9GB SSD, Touch. Storyline: I have been trying to install Catalina OS with Oracle Virtualbox. I actually was successful and logged into Catalina and downloaded...
  10. Windows 10_1909 in Bootcamp on MacOS Catalina - Broadband issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10_1909 in Bootcamp on MacOS Catalina - Broadband issue: Hi, I have been running Windows in Bootcamp on my mac for some years with no issues. 1909 x64 was installed recently and running well with my broadband connection testing at 100+ mbs. Following the latest set of updates, my broadband is being choked (same test page) at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does os catalina support win 10 ?

2. bootcamp drivers for windows 10 1909

3. internet works under parellels but not bootcamp

4. parallels 15 bootcamp catalina import fails