Windows 10: Macrium 6.1.1366 Failure. Do not understand the log. Win 10

Discus and support Macrium 6.1.1366 Failure. Do not understand the log. Win 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Since reinstalling Win10, this is the first time I sort of completed a full backup. I had failures with restoring my computer and I had several errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by BellaDonna, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Macrium 6.1.1366 Failure. Do not understand the log. Win 10

Since reinstalling Win10, this is the first time I sort of completed a full backup. I had failures with restoring my computer and I had several errors when trying to create backups using SyncToy, Backup & Restore, AOMEI Backupper.

Before running Reflect, I ran HD Tune Pro. I got a warning about 26 defective sectors.

Early this morning, I finished setting up the initial and first-run backup, after creating a successful (or so it says) Rescue Disk (CD).

Up front, I have a list of VSS errors from Event log. As I said, I can't tell which caused the failure and why I have a white x in a red circle:

I appreciate any help I can get with interpreting this. I am surprised that Macrium doesn't have a solution and the links to Google do not show one either. Am I really surprised? Yes and No. Everybody here loves it.
    Thank you.

Macrium Reflect 6.1.1366.txtMacrium Reflect 6.1.1366.txt

:)

BellaDonna, Jul 13, 2016

2. Windows 10 setup logs deciphering

Where can I find an explanation regarding the contents of the setup log, i.e. what is "MOUPG", "CSystemHelper",etc.? How can these entries be correlated to pinpoint a particular failure? Leaning about the setup and error logs can help me understand why
    I can't upgrade my PC from Win 7 pro to Win 10. Thanks in advance for your response.

WindowsDoof, Jul 13, 2016
  3. LenBerk Win User
    The automatic Win 10 November update has failed four times. What log file records the point of failure?

The automatic Win 10 November update has failed four times.

What log file records the point of failure?

LenBerk, Jul 13, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Macrium 6.1.1366 Failure. Do not understand the log. Win 10

Hi Bella *Smile

The VSS errors are not a thing I would worry about, I believe many are getting them including myself.

Could you post screenshots of HDTune error scan and the health please?
    Could you also run chkdsk with /r parameter on the partition(s)? Example:
    Code: chkdsk C: /r[/quote] /r requires the partition to be unmounted to mark bad sectors as bad (/f, /f is included in /r) and recover readable data in the bad sectors (/r), with a system partition you'll need to reboot.
    We'll need to know the extend of problems on the hard drive to find out how/if we can resolve your problem.

5. Hey, Axe0! Good to see you.

I began with a simple response - Yes and Yes.
    Then I pondered a bit: NOT SO FAST.

Here: Hard Disk Warning - Reallocated Bad Sectors.
    I bought a new Seagate. It will arrive tomorrow.

What is the reason for the failure, if the information about VSS from Event logs is not a concern for you?

1. Did the internal drive fail OR
    2. Did the program that creates the virtual HD image fail? or
    3. Is the external drive with the 26 damaged sectors causing problem?
    OR, Do I have another corrupted Win10 installation?

4. On which drive do you want me to perform the tests?
    5.When I attach my new Seagate tomorrow, would it render your requested tests moot? (Depends on your answer to #4.)

Also of interest, depending on your answer. I ran Sea Tools last night before HD Tune, which was before Reflect. It wouldn't recognize the Seagate, so I ran a couple (or 1) preliminary test(s) on the Hitachi. Passed. I closed the program once I realized that it really was NOT going to pick up the external drive no matter how many times I wanted it to. (Didn't you ask me to test HD last month and I did?)

Believe it or not, I have been at this since July 5, after I thought I restored my computer to March 2016 - the last recoverable date by any available method was via Restore image.

I ran HD Tune to improve the odds that I could successfully create a backup and put a program in place.
    I already restored OL to March 2016 and I am somehow back to April 2010.
    It was far from an easy or good recovery - let me tell you.

My goal/INTENT is to get back to March 2016. I don't want to blow the only chance I might have. The one thing in which I have no confidence whatsoever is the location of the recoverable 2016 image. Is it on the C drive I am in now?

Thank you.

BellaDonna, Jul 14, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Macrium uses MS Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) to create disk images and backup files. If Windows system configuration has problems then it will affect every program that uses VSS.
    Open admin command and run : vssadmin list writers
    If there's errors then download and run this program as Admin to recreate the correct registry setting and re-register all VSS components.

VSSfix 32bit - download
    VSSfix 64bit - download

If still does not work. You could also try to turn off VSS as shown below:

Macrium 6.1.1366 Failure. Do not understand the log.  Win 10 [​IMG]

NOTE: do not store backup on drive that has bad sectors.

topgundcp, Jul 14, 2016
  7. Good morning,

I ran this test earlier in the week -- one of the easier ones.
    No problems anywhere.
    Unfortunately, I don't have a next step.

Thank you.

BellaDonna, Jul 14, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

I get many errors about VSS, but I do not have any problems *Smile

Most likely this one, the error HDTune shows cannot be corrected with a clean installation, some can though but this one not.

On the partition with the bad sectors *Smile

9. This is the answer that makes the most sense.

Are you basically saying, by not answering anything else, that Macrium has no idea why the backup failed?
    Please tell me which of the backup instructions were executed. (Please TRANSLATE the log.)

Thank you, Axe0.

BellaDonna, Jul 14, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    A corrupt installation has various causes including a bad hard drive, so I am saying that a bad hard drive can corrupt a OS but I am not saying it has done this.

We understand your goal, but we cannot tell where your backup is located.

I am not saying anything about Macrium, the log looks similar to mine VSS logs from the backup logs that are only succesful.
    This means that the log uploaded does not show any errors or something.
    I have changed a line in the quote, many interpret uppercases as shouting and I do not like shouting, I do use uppercases myself sometimes but only to specify something important in the context.

11. You interpreted correctly - your gut instincts are finely attuned to mine.
    What then, Axe0 did the Red Circle with the White X indicate, if not a failure?

Thank you.

BellaDonna, Jul 14, 2016
  12. I might know what happened.

I know that the log is a .txt file.

What you seem to be saying, Axe0, is that the log language did not indicate the error shown on the home page.
    If that's the way Macrium posts results, maybe general experience isn't enough. (I need to read instructions?)
    It's a UK company, isn't it?

BellaDonna, Jul 14, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Scroll the log down so we can see the error ourself.

14. It created a differential shadow copy. There is no error. What about the picture? Are two opposing messages being seen, but not sent?

I ran the quick Error Scan. Every time I've run the other, I forget because it goes on for a long time.
    I will let it run fully, because I don't buy all these green boxes.

Thank you!

BellaDonna, Jul 14, 2016
  15. Axe0,

After running the error log for 12 - 14+ hours, maybe more, this is the result. I stopped it.
    As the title suggests, I don't believe a partially empty 500GB HD takes this long.
    Is there another reason it's not filled in or finished?

Running the same test with Macrorit. I want to find the bad sectors and isolate them, if I can, (of course).
    Haven't run chkdsk, as I had HD Tune running all day.
    Maybe in the next few hours.

Thank you.

BellaDonna, Jul 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Macrium 6.1.1366 Failure. Do not understand the log. Win 10 - Similar Threads - Macrium 1366 Failure

2. Windbg Logs - Unable to Understand Logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windbg Logs - Unable to Understand Logs: Had a BSOD issue and BlueScreenView wasn't too helpful in identifying a specific driver that needs updating, see the below WinDbg log----> Repository : LocalInstalled, Enabled: true, Packages count: 36Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25921.1001 AMD64Copyright c...
  3. Macrium Reflect in Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium Reflect in Win 10: Can Macrium Reflect in Win 10 image a XP drive to another and the new drive will still boot? Or because its a bit copy it doesn't matter? Long story, My Mom is used to XP and is NOT online. She does 2 things on her computer so what she has is fine. I want to give her a newer...
  4. Need Help Understanding Backups with Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need Help Understanding Backups with Macrium: I've spent countless hours trying to research this so I can understand it and I'm still having issues. If I use software such as Macrium, I can clone my C drive to an SSD so that if my C drive were to fail, I could pop in the SSD and that's it. It's basically like nothing...
  5. Macrium Image Failure - Error Code 6

Macrium Image Failure - Error Code 6: On my Dell Latitude D5579 laptop (specs posted under My Computer), I am about to update from 1909 (18363.1016) to 2004 (19041.450). As I was getting ready to do that - saving files, updating my sadly out-of-date collection of Macrium images for this machine - I ran into a...
  6. Macrium Reflect - understanding thereof

Macrium Reflect - understanding thereof: build 1919 ver. 18363.752 Cards on the table/Admission time .. I have never been imaging fan, partly because of lack of unbderstanding (laziness ?) and partly because previous attempts have failed miserably. I've always had plentyt of time on my hands so clean (re)installs...
  7. Understanding DISM logs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Understanding DISM logs: Hi, I am invoking DISM command from powershell script. I want the script to read the DISM log file and determine if DISM command was success or if there was error. For Error I know that DISM log file generated Error messages. Want to know what is the success message shown...
  8. Understanding DISM logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Understanding DISM logs: Hi, I am invoking DISM command from powershell script. I want the script to read the DISM log file and determine if DISM command was success or if there was error. For Error I know that DISM log file generated Error messages. Want to know what is the success message shown...
  9. Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question

Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question: In Norton Ghost 14, while making backup for my XP, I have to separately backup My Documents Folder and My Picture Folder because it was said that these folders are not included when back up System Drive. Do Macrium also does the same and do not include these folders. I have...
  10. 1366 x 768 Screen Resolution Not Available in Win 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1366 x 768 Screen Resolution Not Available in Win 10: I'll apologize in advance if this is answered elsewhere here, but I couldn't find it. I just installed a new hard drive and the techs suggested it was a good idea to put fresh Windows 10 on it. (It was originally W7, later upgraded to 8 and then 8.1. I'm generally...