Windows 10: Macrium 6 used 15 DVD+R's to Image 83.01 GB in WIN 10 Pro

Discus and support Macrium 6 used 15 DVD+R's to Image 83.01 GB in WIN 10 Pro in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Mini Tool Partition Wizard is good and FREE. Used it for a while now and it works well. Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by wen, Aug 26, 2015.

1. fergiet Win User

Macrium 6 used 15 DVD+R's to Image 83.01 GB in WIN 10 Pro

fergiet, Aug 27, 2015
  2. snoopy51 Win User

Wen:
    I am an Acronis True Image user for over ten years and a former Norton Ghost user. I have both the Home user and Server version from Acronis. But will try the Macrium Home Free this weekend or next weekend!

snoopy51, Aug 27, 2015
  3. WEN
    wen Win User
    When I had WIN 7 PRO on my Dell XPS-8700 (Desktop) I always used NovaBACKUP and my Seagate 1.5 TB External USB HD. Made flawless BackUps EVERY TIME !! When I Upgraded to WIN 10 PRO (through free Microsoft) I tried to BackUp with NovaStor V17 and it would not work. Upgraded to NovaBACK V17.1 and it backed up fine. I then tried to change WIN 10 Settings & Permissions and screwed the whole WIN 10 up !! Tried to RESTORE from NovaBACK 17.1 and it DID NOT WORK !! Had to reload WIN 10 again. Didn't even bother to load NovaBACK. Searched this WIN 10 Forum for a good, "working" BackUp and discovered Macrium Reflect 6. Didn't even download the Free Trial, just purchased Full Retail Version. I was ignorant and thought Macrium would only Image (BackUp) to DVD's so I bought a Spindle of Verbatim DVD+R (50) on Sale at Newegg !! Then a Forum Member told me to use my Seagate 1.5TB USB External HD instead of DVD's. Works PERFECTLY and 85GB only takes less than 15 minutes. I Booted from Macrium Rescue Media CD and tried to RESTORE. It started to Restore and I Stopped it, so I know it works. And with it's Compression it was about 60GB. I now BackUp my WIN 10 Every Other Day !!

4. ramram55 Win User

Once you have Macrium throw everything else out of the window. It is that easy and good.

ramram55, Aug 27, 2015
  5. fergiet Win User
    You can add Macrium to boot menu so you don't have to find the disk.

Click "other tasks" at top of Macrium screen and choose "Add recovery boot menu option".

Works for me.

fergiet, Aug 27, 2015
  6. fergiet Win User
    Plus 1

fergiet, Aug 27, 2015
  7. Word Man Win User
    Macrium can back up just the system partition OR the entire disk, i.e., system partition, separate data partition and the hidden partitions. For me a full backup of the entire disk is the best alternative. I don't consider 83 GB too much to work with if you have a 1.5 TB external drive to store disk images on. Currently with the paid version, Macrium Reflect Home v6, I use the GFS scheduled backup template, modified to my own schedule and retention policy, to do full, differential, and incremental backups of my laptop's entire disk to a networked 2 TB Desktop External USB drive. I've also made a number of full disk images on a 1TB portable USB drive using the rescue CD WinPE environment all along the path through Win 8.1 to Win 10 upgrade to Win 10 clean install.

Word Man, Aug 27, 2015
  8. WEN
    wen Win User

I "Backed Up" (Image file) the ENTIRE COMPUTER 85GB today and it only took 11 minutes !!

9. OldMike65 Win User
    Using Acronis boot cd takes me 7 mins for a complete backup of partition and Windows 10 to my 2nd hard drive on my computer. Restoring any backup I want takes about 6 mins. works for me.

OldMike65, Aug 27, 2015
  10. JohnBurns Win User
    Thanks for tip on USB - good buy even tho shipping was $9.95.

JohnBurns, Aug 27, 2015
  11. I too use Acronis and i love it, i have been able to back my lappy every day, i did my last back about 15min ago on to a 64gb usb drive...it took about 7mins and once compressed it used about 32gb. and if i need to do a restore, it takes about 10mins tops to do...

justafool76, Aug 27, 2015
  12. Temple University WRTI radio streams some of the best Jazz.

Listen Live to WRTI (Temple University)

Over Labor Day weekend. the station will broadcast the top 100 jazz songs voted by listeners.

You can save the m3u file and play it on many modern media players instead of the web player
    (I use VideoLAN VLC).

Right click either (or both) Listen Live link on the WRTI page and select Save link as.. - give it a memorable name and then you can just launch the stream any time without going to the web site.

The Classical stream is just as good *Wink.

To make it even easier, here are the link addresses of the streams
    Jazz: http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wrti/ppr/wrti2.m3u Classical: http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wrti/ppr/wrti.m3u

Slartybart, Aug 27, 2015
  13. Macrium 6 used 15 DVD+R's to Image 83.01 GB in WIN 10 Pro

Folks ... you ALL need to understand that the time that is required for backups is different for everyone's PC. One person might complete it in 5 minutes; another might take 45 minutes. What is useful to the OP is to see a general range of times so that they understand that several HOURS is outside any typical timeframe.

So, if mine takes only 5 minutes, and the OP's takes 15 minutes, that does not mean that there is anything wrong with HOW they are doing their backups. But there are sometime options that can be changed to speed up the backup process.

MR (the tool I use) for example, allows for different compression rates. The greater the compression factor (what they call High), the longer it takes to do the backups -- but the less space the backup takes on the disk. So, if my backup was taking longer than I liked, I could reduce the compression level and it would take less time.

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium 6 used 15 DVD+R's to Image 83.01 GB in WIN 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Macrium used DVD+R's

2. 83 GB under other people storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    83 GB under other people storage: HI team,While i was checking the storage for my system, I observe that 83 GB has been utilized under "other people" category.Never have i ever added any additional user on this system for it to show "Other people" storage.Please fnd the screenshots Storage:I went to settings...
  3. 83 GB under other people storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    83 GB under other people storage: HI team,While i was checking the storage for my system, I observe that 83 GB has been utilized under "other people" category.Never have i ever added any additional user on this system for it to show "Other people" storage.Please fnd the screenshots Storage:I went to settings...
  4. Win 10 Windows.iso file will not fit on DVD-R

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Windows.iso file will not fit on DVD-R: I periodically use the MediaCreation tool to keep an up to date windows.iso DVD. Now, I'm getting an error that its too large. Have tried ImgBurn and Windows burn util. I work on folks pc's so need this capability. Suggestions?...
  5. Macrium Image Failure - Error Code 6

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Image Failure - Error Code 6: On my Dell Latitude D5579 laptop (specs posted under My Computer), I am about to update from 1909 (18363.1016) to 2004 (19041.450). As I was getting ready to do that - saving files, updating my sadly out-of-date collection of Macrium images for this machine - I ran into a...
  6. Using Macrium to restore mbr image of Win 10 to NVMe GPT

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Macrium to restore mbr image of Win 10 to NVMe GPT: Hello I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 build 18362.959 on a Dell Optiplex 7040 MT w/16GB RAM and 512GB 2.5" SSD Win 10 is still MBR partitioned I'm adding a 500GB NVMe I purchased from Crucial I'm using Macrium Home Edition v7.2.5107 (s/b latest version) I want to...
  7. Reformatting a DVD+R, 4.7 GB Disc - Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reformatting a DVD+R, 4.7 GB Disc - Question: Reformatting a DVD+R, 4.7 GB Disc - Question I was attempting to delete all files on a DVD disc that holds 4.7 GB. I did a reformat and the disc now shows 0 files. I then checked the Properties for the disc and it still shows most of my disc full. See screenshot #35. I then...
  8. DVD R

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD R: how do I erase a disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-r/8cb187dd-f717-495c-95e3-99c1c3df5bb4
  9. Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect: I am in the process of creating an Image of HP Pavillion DVT7 2200 Notebook now. Once it completes I would really appreciate getting some steps to follow to restore it. The Laptop I have Macrium Reflect running on now will have the HD replaced as it on the verge of failing...
  10. Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image: How to: Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image [img] Information I want to start with a very subjective, personal opinion: Macrium Reflect Free is the best available free imaging solution for Windows (download: Macrium Reflect Free). That being...