Windows 10: Macrium 7.1 erroring

Discus and support Macrium 7.1 erroring in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've used MR for years and trusted it implicitly but suddenly it is erroring with 'unknown error'. There have been two recent changes to the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Fixer, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Fixer Win User

Macrium 7.1 erroring

I've used MR for years and trusted it implicitly but suddenly it is erroring with 'unknown error'. There have been two recent changes to the system since the last successful system image on June 14 - I've added 4gb memory taking it to 8gb and Win 10.1809 updated to 1903 via WU. I get the same error whether I image from Windows or by bootable flash. Everything apart from MR is running well but 4WIW here's the latest logs -

:)

Fixer, Jun 26, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium 7.1 erroring [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 26, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How do I install windows 10 without harming my windows 7?

Here's what I suggest you to do:
    1. From Windows 7, download & Install Macrium Reflect Free. Connect one of your new 500GB HD and clone your current Windows 7 to it. Follow step 1,2,3 from the screen shot:

1. Disconnect your current Windows 7 then boot up with the new cloned copy of Windows 7
    2. Upgrade it to Windows 10 so it will be fully activated.
    3. If you decide to keep Windows 10 then do a fresh install of Windows 10. If not, disconnect the 500GB HD containing Windows 10 then re-connect your Windows 7
    4. You are back to where it was before.

topgundcp, Jun 26, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Macrium 7.1 erroring

Upgrade Windows 7 to 10 Error 0x8007001f

The partition layout of disk 0 (shown as disk 1 in Partition Manager) is non standard and was customized by the manufacturer. A normal Win 7 installation will have a layout:
    1. 100MB System Reserved, NTFS format and marked as Active
    2. C drive.
    A normal Windows 10 installation will have:
    1. 550MB Reserved partition, NTFS format and marked as Active
    2. C drive.
    Since you know how to use Minitool Partition Manager. Suggest to use it:
    1. Create a bootable installation USB from the Windows ISO using: Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way
    2. Delete the 1st 2 partitions (102MB, 15GB) then create a 550MB partition, format as NTFS, label "System Reserved", assign a letter R, mark as Active
    3. Move C drive next to the newly created 550MB. should look like the screen shot below, note H: drive should be C: in your case:

4. Boot up the USB created in step 1, on the first screen, press SHIFT+F10 to open the Admin command prompt then type:
      bcdboot C:\Windows /s R: /f BIOS =====> This will create the BCD to boot Windows and store in R: (550MB partition)
    5. Reboot the PC then try to upgrade again
    NOTE: It is advisable to create a backup image of the whole disk 0, just in case anything goes wrong then you can restore back before making any modification.
    To create a backup image Use:
    Macrium Reflect Free Edition x64
    Macrium Reflect Free Edition x86

topgundcp, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Macrium 7.1 erroring

1. Macrium 7.1 erroring - Similar Threads - Macrium erroring

2. Macrium reflect return error 21 when WinRE partition included in image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect return error 21 when WinRE partition included in image: Hello. When i try a full image bakup with MR that includes WinRE partition , i take an error "error code 21" (see screenshot). [img] [img] Note that MR shows WinRE as "unformatted" (see screenshot). [img] ΝΟΤΕ : When I remove WinRE from the image backup there is no...
  3. Macrium Cloning issue : Error 9 : unable to complete C: cloning

Macrium Cloning issue : Error 9 : unable to complete C: cloning: Hi all, New to this forum! Nice to meet you all here! Might need some help from all the experts here as I am total computer nerd but trying to replace my old HDD in my laptop (Dell Inspiron 13, Windows 10). I am using the Macrium Reflect Free hoping to clone my failing HDD...
  4. Macrium Image Backup Fails, due to CRC error first, now MFT errors

Macrium Image Backup Fails, due to CRC error first, now MFT errors: W-10 - Build 1903 --- I must get an image backup, to replace the old 1 TB with errors, with my new 500GB WD SSD. I'm trying to use "Macrium 7.x Free", to back up to a known good USB. (I did an image to that USB from my other PC, = NP). i suspect that Window updates may have...
  5. Macrium Reflect Unknown Error Error Code = 9 after Upgrade to Win10

Macrium Reflect Unknown Error Error Code = 9 after Upgrade to Win10: Good Morning all. Recently (couple of weeks ago) Upgraded to Win10 Pro 19042.630 (Version 20H2) from Win7 Pro and discovered since them my Full Disk Image in Macrium Reflect (Version 5.3.5321, believe is newest) are failing. All I get is an "Unknown error. - Error code = 9"...
  6. Macrium Reflect Unknown Error Error Code = 9 after Upgrade to Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect Unknown Error Error Code = 9 after Upgrade to Win10: Good Morning all. Recently (couple of weeks ago) Upgraded to Win10 Pro 19042.630 (Version 20H2) from Win7 Pro and discovered since them my Full Disk Image in Macrium Reflect (Version 5.3.5321, believe is newest) are failing. All I get is an "Unknown error. - Error code = 9"...
  7. database error 0x410022D8 version 9180 when using macrium reflect.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    database error 0x410022D8 version 9180 when using macrium reflect.: Hi I have started browsing the forum and this error is something that occurs to file structure after updating to May 2020 ? Last article I read was dated a couple of days ago. My issue involves losing access to a Macrium restored backup folder, where I cannot gain access...
  8. V2004 Error 0xc19001e1 But Macrium Saves the Day

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    V2004 Error 0xc19001e1 But Macrium Saves the Day: Turned on one of my PCs this morning and discovered that there was no wired Ethernet connection, yikes! I discovered that Feature Update V2004 had tried to install and failed with 0xc19001e1. I had it blocked but likely I let the the time period expire without extending it....
  9. Macrium Image Failure - Error Code 6

Macrium Image Failure - Error Code 6: On my Dell Latitude D5579 laptop (specs posted under My Computer), I am about to update from 1909 (18363.1016) to 2004 (19041.450). As I was getting ready to do that - saving files, updating my sadly out-of-date collection of Macrium images for this machine - I ran into a...
  10. Macrium Reflect 7 clone error

Macrium Reflect 7 clone error: Windows 10 Pro ver. 1909 (OS build 18.363.959) Trying to clone my operating system to a new drive I get the following error: Error 0 unable to match partition Drive 1 start sector 467118080 Result code 0x8004230f Can anyone help please? 161281