Windows 10: Macrium 8 "Free" - Just for you info

Discus and support Macrium 8 "Free" - Just for you info in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello,I would like to share with you my short experience with Macrium "Free" version 8.I have read all about it on this forum.Downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Motim Win User

Macrium 8 "Free" - Just for you info

Hello,I would like to share with you my short experience with Macrium "Free" version 8.I have read all about it on this forum.Downloaded "reflect_setup_free_x64(8.0.5903).exe" file, says "free".First made a full backup image, just in case...Ran the installation file, built-in license key and it says home user "free".The user interface is new, less colorful.Tried to ran a backup, it worked.Then it says there is an update for the program, well, downloaded the update, still not installed, surprise, it updates back to version 7.3.xxx. Well, used the full image backup and bye bye version 8 "free".Just for your info.Windows 10 pro, 19042.985 x64Last minute note:Got an answer from Macrium, quote :" Version 8 is not available as the free version yet."

:)

Motim, Jun 2, 2021
  2. theonedub Win User

GPUz Incorrect Info GF117

I've got the GT620M in a Zenbook and the newest version of GPUz has it listed as a 40nm part whereas all other info on the web suggests its 28nm. Can you investigate, W1z?

Thanks

theonedub, Jun 2, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium 8 "Free" - Just for you info [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Macrium 8 "Free" - Just for you info - Similar Threads - Macrium Free info

2. Macrium Reflect 8

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect 8: I'm setting up a new laptop and I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect 8. My first problem is that I booted from a Macrium boot disk to make an image before I setup the laptop. Even though Macrium said it was successfully made I can't find the image on the USB HDD. The...
  3. Macrium Reflect 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect 8: I'm setting up a new laptop and I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect 8. My first problem is that I booted from a Macrium boot disk to make an image before I setup the laptop. Even though Macrium said it was successfully made I can't find the image on the USB HDD. The...
  4. Macrium free disabled?

Macrium free disabled?: I have set Macrium to do backups, two selections and each one runs automatically twice a week. Yesterday, I thought I would do a check and discovered that no backups had taken place since August 4th. When I checked I found that these backup had been disabled, task scheduler...
  5. Macrium 8 "Free" - Just for you info

Macrium 8 "Free" - Just for you info: Hello,I would like to share with you my short experience with Macrium "Free" version 8.I have read all about it on this forum.Downloaded "reflect_setup_free_x64(8.0.5903).exe" file, says "free".First made a full backup image, just in case...Ran the installation file, built-in...
  6. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium Free

Macrium Free: I just downloaded Macrium Reflect Free version 6.3. When I tried to backup my system disk that has two partitions, Windows Reserved and Windows itself, I go an error message saying, : MFT corrupt =6. Please run chkdsk /f. I did that several times on the disk with no...
  9. Macrium Reflect Free

Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310
  10. How to dual boot Windows 8/10 with Free Macrium Rescue.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to dual boot Windows 8/10 with Free Macrium Rescue.: With the paid version of Macrium. There is an option that allows you to create a dual boot environment with Macrium Recue disk. However, with the free version, this option is not available. The advantage to dual boot with Macrium Rescue disk are as follows: If you own an...