Windows 10: Macrium Backups, An Important Lesson for Those Who Don't Backup

Discus and support Macrium Backups, An Important Lesson for Those Who Don't Backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Earlier today I wanted to add a PDF to my iPad. When I tried to drag and drop it into the Books section using iTunes, it wouldn't copy. Further, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by SoFine409, Jan 15, 2020.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Macrium Backups, An Important Lesson for Those Who Don't Backup

Earlier today I wanted to add a PDF to my iPad. When I tried to drag and drop it into the Books section using iTunes, it wouldn't copy. Further, I noticed that I was unable to sync or backup any devices, nor could I see any of my previous device backups. Oh dear, not good.

Well, I tried reinstalling iTunes but no joy. It tried installing older versions of iTunes. Still no joy. So I began to suspect the iTunes wasn't the problem but something in Windows or possibly some other software update.
    I started restoring Macrium backups and it didn't take long to find out that the problem started just a few days ago. Running deferential or incremental backups at the end of every working session saved the day for me. Except for having to recover some updated location markers I had made to MyPlaces in Google Earth Pro from yesterdays differential backup, I was up and running again within 20 minutes.

Lessons are that making incremental or differential backups often is necessary. I do them every day or before I make any significant system additions/changes. Next, get a backup drive or NAS as large as you can afford so you can keep a sufficiently long history of backups, you never know how far back a problem started. The other thing is to separate your data from your OS, I have mine on separate disks so restoring the OS didn't impact my data. Don't wait until disaster strikes, it eventually will.

:)

SoFine409, Jan 15, 2020
  2. SoFine409 Win User

That's what started me using backups many years ago. First Norton Ghost, then Acronis, and now for several years Macrium (by far the best and 100% reliable for me). Sadly, those who really need to read this post will likely never see it much less implement backups.

SoFine409, Jan 15, 2020
  3. SoFine409 Win User

Earlier today I wanted to add a PDF to my iPad. When I tried to drag and drop it into the Books section using iTunes, it wouldn't copy. Further, I noticed that I was unable to sync or backup any devices, nor could I see any of my previous device backups. Oh dear, not good.

Well, I tried reinstalling iTunes but no joy. It tried installing older versions of iTunes. Still no joy. So I began to suspect the iTunes wasn't the problem but something in Windows or possibly some other software update.
    I started restoring Macrium backups and it didn't take long to find out that the problem started just a few days ago. Running deferential or incremental backups at the end of every working session saved the day for me. Except for having to recover some updated location markers I had made to MyPlaces in Google Earth Pro from yesterdays differential backup, I was up and running again within 20 minutes.

Lessons are that making incremental or differential backups often is necessary. I do them every day or before I make any significant system additions/changes. Next, get a backup drive or NAS as large as you can afford so you can keep a sufficiently long history of backups, you never know how far back a problem started. The other thing is to separate your data from your OS, I have mine on separate disks so restoring the OS didn't impact my data. Don't wait until disaster strikes, it eventually will.

SoFine409, Jan 15, 2020
  4. monim1 Win User

Looking for Backup Software with Specific Features

Nova BACKUP, Macrium Reflect etc are best data backup software with special feature. You can try these.

monim1, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Macrium Backups, An Important Lesson for Those Who Don't Backup - Similar Threads - Macrium Backups Important

2. Macrium Backups, An Important Lesson for Those Who Don't Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Backups, An Important Lesson for Those Who Don't Backup: Earlier today I wanted to add a PDF to my iPad. When I tried to drag and drop it into the Books section using iTunes, it wouldn't copy. Further, I noticed that I was unable to sync or backup any devices, nor could I see any of my previous device backups. Oh dear, not good....
  3. Modified Macrium backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Modified Macrium backup: Dell Inspiron 15 5565, Win 10 Home I want to create a Mactium backup, but it's going to be huge unless I can properly modify it. I tried to use a USB with 28gb free space as the destination, but it wasn't enough [img] My first question is can I just image the first 4...
  4. Macrium backup question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium backup question: [img] Can someone tell me if that one box marked in red is something to ignore in the backup process. Thanks. 126596
  5. macrium backup failed

macrium backup failed: hello all after months of doing a image backup , today my marcium backup failed , i have tried several times to do a backup, and a [img] [img] reboot ( before i do the 1809 ) update any suggestions welcomed 123956
  6. Question on Macrium backups

Question on Macrium backups: Thanks for thinking about answering my question! I currently have the following backup plan for my laptop - full backup on Sunday, then Differential every other day of the week. So in the case of a failure, I just have to restore the Sunday Full and the latest Differential...
  7. Macrium Backup error

Macrium Backup error: I was getting system hanging problem in my windows 10 for quite a days (my system is dual boot with two hard disk, one XP and other Windows 10). I already have macrium backup image but I tried to take a new backup of my windows 10 system drives with the free version from...
  8. Macrium installation & backup

Macrium installation & backup: Hello Forum, An hour ago I installed Macrium, after instl. it made (burned) a rescue dvd. I am trying to make my first backup to the system, but first I want to consult with my 'teachers', After installation please see screenshot "macrium - 01.jpg", there are 2 disks, C:...
  9. Backup & Restore with Macrium

Backup & Restore with Macrium: Hello, Thanks for the answers. Searching I found this long explanation which made me more confused http://www.everydaylinuxuser.com/201...-way-with.html and I have lot of questions since, 1. Have one full instl. file "reflect_setup_free_x86(6.1.1081).exe size 39.502...
  10. Macrium backup

Macrium backup: I have made a backup of my hard drive from my old computer with macruim reflect. It is a backup of a few installed applications and software packages but more importantly it is a copy of windows 10 professional with digital entitlement. I plan to buy a new laptop and am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to know if backup is incremental or differential macrium