Windows 10: Macrium: Can I see the size of the image file before backup?

Discus and support Macrium: Can I see the size of the image file before backup? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Using Macrium, I get a backup all set to go but I don't see what the size of the image file will be. I can see the GB to be backed up, but that will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TV2, Dec 18, 2020.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Macrium: Can I see the size of the image file before backup?

Using Macrium, I get a backup all set to go but I don't see what the size of the image file will be.
    I can see the GB to be backed up, but that will be compressed to a smaller file size.
    I know about how much space I have on the storage device, and it would be good to know it the image file will fit Before starting the backup.

Chances are its there and I just don't see it......

:)

2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium: Can I see the size of the image file before backup? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 18, 2020
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Dec 18, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Macrium: Can I see the size of the image file before backup? - Similar Threads - Macrium size image

2. Image Restore cant see the backup file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image Restore cant see the backup file: I created a system image a few months back due to problems with my hard drive, low and beyond it eventually died but now when I try to restore the backup image to the new hard drive which is the same make and model as before the PC isn't seeing the external hard drive that...
  3. Image Restore cant see the backup file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image Restore cant see the backup file: I created a system image a few months back due to problems with my hard drive, low and beyond it eventually died but now when I try to restore the backup image to the new hard drive which is the same make and model as before the PC isn't seeing the external hard drive that...
  4. Image Restore cant see the backup file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Backup VMFS image with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup VMFS image with Macrium Reflect: Has anyone done this? The question could be strung out to backing up "any" unsupported file system. So the partition will appear as unpartioned space instead of unsupported file system which is what set of my alarm bells. I am thinking to back up using the full sector backup...
  6. Macrium Backup File Size

Macrium Backup File Size: Hello,To backup my windows system I use Macrium reflect (free edition), every 4 - 5 days. One is a full image backup and 4 - 5 days later a differential backup and so on.The system uses 31.8 to 32.2 GB on the disk (no restore point).Usually a full image backup is ~20.6 GB and...
  7. Macrium Backup File Size

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Macrium Backup File Size: Hello,To backup my windows system I use Macrium reflect (free edition), every 4 - 5 days. One is a full image backup and 4 - 5 days later a differential backup and so on.The system uses 31.8 to 32.2 GB on the disk (no restore point).Usually a full image backup is ~20.6 GB and...
  8. Doubt about Macrium image size

Doubt about Macrium image size: Hi, I have Macrium free installed and I have made an image of my system disk. It has approximately 85 Gb occupied on 4 partitions. The copy is apparently correct. My doubt is that the image file size is only about 32 Gb. The compression level in the configuration is medium....
  9. What backup media to store Macrium Reflect images-file-folder backups

What backup media to store Macrium Reflect images-file-folder backups: Hey Everyone,I am stuck on what type and size of hard drive that I should use and store my images on and backup my personal data. I am trying to choose between either a desktop external HDD, portable external HDD or internal drive that connects in an enclosure that I would...
  10. Problem mounting Macrium backup image

Problem mounting Macrium backup image: My system is Windows 10 and I am running Macrium Reflect v6.3.1835 for backups. I have two partitions - one for the OS and one for Data and I have scheduled regular FULL backups of both partitions, which are written to an external HDD. I am having trouble trying to mount...