Windows 10: Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2

Discus and support Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Simple enough, I am booting the 900gb to drive number 2, the number 1 drive is empty. but macrium wants to boot the blank ssd to the running windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2

Simple enough, I am booting the 900gb to drive number 2, the number 1 drive is empty.
    but macrium wants to boot the blank ssd to the running windows drive number 2
    HOW can I change this order?
    I suppose swap the cables??? shut down???
    windows 1909

- - - Updated - - -

ok, reversed cables set drive order, but of course the SSD is smaller, so it cant clone.
    What should I do, or what other program is free that resizes automatic, It might take days to resize using win10 disk management, and dont want to do that effort.

- - - Updated - - -

gave up and am using Easus, so far is painless

:)

sdowney717, Oct 26, 2020

2. Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

Keitaro

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Heed the advice of the software, you must disable BitLocker before cloning. This is highly recommend if you ever want to get access to the drive.

There is nothing wrong with having to re-enable it after restoring the clone.

Step 1: disable BitLocker.

Step 2: clone drive

Step 3: restore the cloned image to the new drive.

Step 4: Re-Enable BitLocker.

Andre for Directly, Oct 26, 2020
  3. WinstonR Win User
    Access to cloned HD

Hi Dave,

I used Macrium Reflect (MR) to clone the SSD. It is quite possible the cloning operation did not succeed in creating a bootable drive. I have used it successfully in the past for several clones. How can I determine

• if the boot instructions came over with the clone?
    • or should I try cloning the drive again?
    This computer is a Dell refurbed workstation and I am uncertain if it was set up in a RAID configuration although it came with only 1 rotating hard drive.

WinstonR, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2

cloneing a drive in windows 10

Hi,I have this question last year,but my os is windows 8.there are my steps of

How to clone drive in winodws

,you can check.hope that helps

First,I download a free tool of MiniTool partition wizard and launch it.

Step 1. Connect SSD to Windows 8. Install and launch MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition, select the source hard drive and then choose “Copy

Step 2. Select a disk to copy the source disk. Here you are expected to choose the SSD (we choose disk 3).

Note: All the data on SSD will be destroyed, so make sure you have done backup in advance. You are allowed to clone a hard drive to a smaller SSD, as long as it can hold all data in the source disk. You can also clone SSD to larger SSD by using MiniTool
    Partition Wizard Free Edition.

Step 3. Review the changes you are going to make and also change the copy options if necessary.

Step 4. MiniTool Partition Wizard will tell you how to boot from the destination hard drive. So if you are cloning boot drive to SSD, you need to pay attention.

Step 5. When you are lead to the main interface again, you can preview the changes you are going to make from the middle pane. (Here disk 3 has the same disk layout with disk 1.) If you confirm these
    changes, you should click “Apply” to make the changes effective. Hope that helps

Areil.Bart, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2

1. Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2 - Similar Threads - Macrium clone drive

2. How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?: My Del l 7370 came with a SATA M.2 dirve and I want to upgrade it with a larger NVMe M.2 drive. Using Acronis True Image to clone the drive with all partitions stay as is without any resizing. The resulted drive can not be booted. The system tried to do automatic repair but...
  3. How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?: My Del l 7370 came with a SATA M.2 dirve and I want to upgrade it with a larger NVMe M.2 drive. Using Acronis True Image to clone the drive with all partitions stay as is without any resizing. The resulted drive can not be booted. The system tried to do automatic repair but...
  4. Cloning 2 drives

Cloning 2 drives: I want to clone 2 1TB drives with Macrium Reflect. Instead of buying 2 individual drives, can get one 2TB and partition it into 2? This'll work just as well ? Thanks 181523
  5. Cloning 2 drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning 2 drives: I want to clone 2 1TB drives with Macrium Reflect. Instead of buying 2 individual drives, can get one 2TB and partition it into 2? This'll work just as well ? Thanks 181523
  6. Cloning an m.2 NVMe boot drive to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning an m.2 NVMe boot drive to another: Hi All, I have a rather interesting issue and all of the researching and trouble shooting steps have not produced any different results so I'm trying here to see if anyone has had the same experience. Here's what I've tried. Backed up a 500gb nvme m.2 drive to internal...
  7. Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2

Macrium clone drive is all wrong want to clone 2 to drive 1 not 1 to 2: Simple enough, I am booting the 900gb to drive number 2, the number 1 drive is empty. but macrium wants to boot the blank ssd to the running windows drive number 2 HOW can I change this order? I suppose swap the cables??? shut down??? windows 1909 - - - Updated - - - ok,...
  8. 2 Drives now 1!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 Drives now 1!: I have 2 identical 500GB drives. They showed up as 2 separate drives until recently. Now the second drive is showing up as part of my C: drive. What did I do and how can I get it back to show as 2 drives? The second drive shows up as "Healthy Recovery Partition" in Disk...
  9. windows 10 2 drive letters for 1 drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 2 drive letters for 1 drive: I upgraded my computer a LOT. AMD Threadripper 1950x with msi x399 board. 16g memory. GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1650 NEW PROBLEM My E: drive, an old 1T Seagate has a twin drive, F:, showing in My Computer. It is ALMOST exactly the same as the E:. FreeFileSync shows just a few...
  10. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect: I am wanting to clone my hard drive and put it on another computer. I think I get it cloned on a external hd. I have made a boot cd. Now here is my problem I don't know how to get it to transfer to the new hd on the new computer. The cd ask wish image to tranfer but there is...