Windows 10: Macrium Clone of Windows 10

Discus and support Macrium Clone of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a computer that has just been updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have Samsung 1TB 850 PRO as system drive. I also have a Samsung 1 TB 960... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by WilliamP, Feb 27, 2020.

1. WilliamP Win User

Macrium Clone of Windows 10

I have a computer that has just been updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have Samsung 1TB 850 PRO as system drive. I also have a Samsung 1 TB 960 EVO SSD as a back up drive. Right now there is an Image for Windows image of my Windows 7 system on it. To put a Macrium clone on that drive do I need to format the drive first? I am using the free version of Macrium.

:)

WilliamP, Feb 27, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Clone of Windows 10 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 27, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook | Tom's Hardware

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Macrium Clone of Windows 10

Migrate/Cloning help

I am trying to clone my excisting 256gb ssd to my new 480gb and when I go through the process it clones fine but reduces the size of my new ssd to 256. I think I am overlooking something so any help would be appreciated.

I am using Macrium Reflect free version on a windows 10 64bit system

Rapidfire48, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Macrium Clone of Windows 10

1. Macrium Clone of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Macrium Clone

2. Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS: Hi Backup friends.I'd like to have another bootable drive C: on the ready but in your experience which is the best app for cloning the drive C:a. Macriumb. Minitools Partitionc. Aomeid. EaseUSc. Windows 11's built in mirroring/Raid 1 I heard it needs 2 backup disks, I don'...
  3. Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is the Best App for Cloning the Drive C: Macrium, Minitools Partition, Aoemei or EaseUS: Hi Backup friends.I'd like to have another bootable drive C: on the ready but in your experience which is the best app for cloning the drive C:a. Macriumb. Minitools Partitionc. Aomeid. EaseUSc. Windows 11's built in mirroring/Raid 1 I heard it needs 2 backup disks, I don'...
  4. Can't log into an HDD cloned from a Win10 laptop using Macrium Reflect. Any troubleshooting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't log into an HDD cloned from a Win10 laptop using Macrium Reflect. Any troubleshooting...: I have cloned my win10 laptop to a 1TB seagate HDD using Macrium Reflect. I have connected it to my PC in order to clone it again to one of my nvme SSDs but I got the following message"your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device "I...
  5. Can't log into an HDD cloned from a Win10 laptop using Macrium Reflect. Any troubleshooting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into an HDD cloned from a Win10 laptop using Macrium Reflect. Any troubleshooting...: I have cloned my win10 laptop to a 1TB seagate HDD using Macrium Reflect. I have connected it to my PC in order to clone it again to one of my nvme SSDs but I got the following message"your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device "I...
  6. Can't log into an HDD cloned from a Win10 laptop using Macrium Reflect. Any troubleshooting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cloning HD to SSD using Macrium, not booting up.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning HD to SSD using Macrium, not booting up.: Hello, I am trying to replace my HD with SSD using Macrium Reflect 7. But after successfully cloning my hard drive and install the SSD to my laptop, it won't boot. It's stuck with a blank screen and only showing the mouse pointer. My HD and SSD are showing both GPT so not...
  8. Times to clone with Macrium Reflect

Times to clone with Macrium Reflect: Due to a corrupt SSD I have installed Macrium Reflect app and started doing a clone of the SDD. I'm doing the clone to an older HDD, which I used as an OS drive before. My plan was to make this clone, and if it succeeded and was bootable, clone this to a new SDD. But the...
  9. Times to clone with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Times to clone with Macrium Reflect: Due to a corrupt SSD I have installed Macrium Reflect app and started doing a clone of the SDD. I'm doing the clone to an older HDD, which I used as an OS drive before. My plan was to make this clone, and if it succeeded and was bootable, clone this to a new SDD. But the...
  10. Differential Backup On Cloned Drive (Macrium Reflect)?

Differential Backup On Cloned Drive (Macrium Reflect)?: I replaced my hard drive, same size. So I cloned it. Can I do a differential backup based on a full image of the original drive using the clone? Using Macrium Reflect Free Edition as my backup software. 181683

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can macrium software clone windows 10 to a bootable usb ?