Windows 10: Macrium Cloned HDD to SDD - User Password Incorrect

Discus and support Macrium Cloned HDD to SDD - User Password Incorrect in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Well, after what I thought had been a successful transfer of my HDD to a new SDD, I managed a whole day before problems have arisen!!! When I first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by tonymc, Jun 27, 2020.

1. tonymc Win User

Macrium Cloned HDD to SDD - User Password Incorrect

Well, after what I thought had been a successful transfer of my HDD to a new SDD, I managed a whole day before problems have arisen!!!

When I first logged in, no problem as Windows accepted my login passcode. However, a few hours later when I woke the laptop, it kept giving me error messages saying that the password was incorrect and to use that associated with my Microsoft account. I used this password, but still coming up as incorrect.

Checked the password on my iPad and it was the correct one. After a few more attempts, it then goes into the automatic repair mode and then could not repair your PC.

Yesterday I swapped the HDD back, and reran Macrium. When I reinstalled the SSD, same issue - ok at first login, but after closing down and restarting, same messages and yet again back into the automatic repair cycle.

I have looked up the issue and some are saying it could be a keyboard issue and to pull up the on-screen keyboard.....but when I go into the command prompt, it does not recognise the OSK command.

Interestingly, I dont seem to have experienced this issue with the original HDD.....so far......

Can anyone help before I drop kick everything down the garden!!!!

:)

tonymc, Jun 27, 2020

2. HDD to SDD OS transfer

I am trying to clone (or even image) my 1TB-HDD to a Kingston 120GB-SDD. Space is not issue as I'm only using 70GB on the HDD. My problem is sector size. My HDD sectors are 512 (not 512e) and the SDD sectors are 4096. I'm also unable to use my system image/backup
    because it is on a HDD with the same sector size (512). I've tried a number of cloning programs, including Macrium Reflect, with no success. Is there a way around this?

CharlesReeps, Jun 27, 2020
  3. How to clone hdd to ssd

please tell me how to change my laptop harddisk hdd to sdd without any data loss. through the cloning.

PARVEEN_RANAUT, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Macrium Cloned HDD to SDD - User Password Incorrect

SDD and a HDD windows 10

I have Windows 10 installed on a 525gb SDD. I have a 1tb HDD that I'm using for my data. I've been reading a lot of conflicting tweaks to use on the SDD. Help!

1. Should I eliminate the swap on the SDD? I do a have a windows managed swap file on the HDD.

2. Should I turn off indexing on the SDD?

3. Should I turn off system restore on the SDD?

Most of the articles I've been reading have been a couple of years old. I know that the current SDDs are better but do these same tweaks apply now?

Any info and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

saturn7110x, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Macrium Cloned HDD to SDD - User Password Incorrect

1. Macrium Cloned HDD to SDD - User Password Incorrect - Similar Threads - Macrium Cloned HDD

2. Clone password protected hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clone password protected hdd: Hi, I bought a used laptop but the hard drive has a password and I can't get passed the bios screen where it says to enter hdd password. If I was to clone the hdd does the password also get transferred to the clone hdd? If not can I use that hdd instead?...
  3. Clone password protected hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clone password protected hdd: Hi, I bought a used laptop but the hard drive has a password and I can't get passed the bios screen where it says to enter hdd password. If I was to clone the hdd does the password also get transferred to the clone hdd? If not can I use that hdd instead?...
  4. Can i clone a 1TB HDD to a 240GB SDD with clonezilla

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i clone a 1TB HDD to a 240GB SDD with clonezilla: I wish to upgrade to an ssd but because of limitations in my budget, i plan to bye a 240 gb ssd.Even thought i have a 1TB HDD i only used 150GB of it including OS files cleared the restSo can i clone my 1TB HDD to my 240GB SSD eventhough its of a smaller size but the storage...
  5. Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free: Hi Everyone! My new post today is a follow up from this thread where I had successfully cloned my Hard Disk Drive to an SSD Drive with the same capacity of 1 TB. However, this post isn't about my computer, as it's still working like a racehorse with the newly installed SSD....
  6. cloning with Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    cloning with Macrium: I am trying to clone a small drive in an old laptop to a larger drive for the extra storage I have used just a straight clone onto an unallocated disk , formatting the disk with exfat deleting the volumes so that the disk becomes empty and even tried it with the disk marked...
  7. cloning with Macrium

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloning with Macrium: I am trying to clone a small drive in an old laptop to a larger drive for the extra storage I have used just a straight clone onto an unallocated disk , formatting the disk with exfat deleting the volumes so that the disk becomes empty and even tried it with the disk marked...
  8. How to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect?

How to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect?: Hello, I want to clone a 500GB internal HDD with three partitions to a 2TB SDD using Macrium Reflect. Windows 10 boot view: Vista (D:) Active, Data (E:) Primary, Windows 10 (C:) Primary. I created a Macrium Rescue Disk from within Windows 10. When booting into WinPE using...
  9. HDD to SDD ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD to SDD ?: I just finished installing my SSD. I used Macrium Reflect to move the partitions from my HDD to the SSD. Everything is working OK so far. [img] In Disk management Disk 0 has a 17.76GB partition. It's the OEM restore partition. As you can see it's not assigned a drive...
  10. Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????

Macrium....Cloning pc with SSD and HDD ????: I want to do a clone backup of my laptop that has an SSD for the OS and program files and an HDD for the data files I am unsure of how to do a clone backup involving the two drive configuration As seen in the capture below do I clone the two drives separately to their...