Windows 10: Macrium defect - can't delete a backup

Discus and support Macrium defect - can't delete a backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi there I'm trying to move / copy some macrium backup files to different HDD's. Windows 1803 (current "Normal" windows build with latest Macrium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jimbo45, Nov 3, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Macrium defect - can't delete a backup

Hi there

I'm trying to move / copy some macrium backup files to different HDD's.

Windows 1803 (current "Normal" windows build with latest Macrium update gives me following error

Macrium defect - can't delete a backup [​IMG]

Easy enough to delete and move using Linux live distro or KYHI disk - but this error shouldn't occur -- nothing wrong in wanting to move / re-arrange backup files !!!!

First time I've ever had this error.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 3, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium defect - can't delete a backup [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 3, 2018
  3. markg2 Win User
    Macrium Reflect image will not delete?

I've been using the free version for a few years. I downloaded the paid home version's 30 day trial. Before running my daily, scheduled backup to an external drive, I ran a test image to a flash drive (T:\Macrium TEST Onedrive\BE1C13BDDEE1C020-00-00.mrbak). I tried to delete the image this morning and the OS wouldn't allow. I right clicked on properties and there was nothing interesting. I tried Unlocker delete. It couldn't delete but asked to do so on boot. I booted but the file was still there.

Suggestion?

Mark

markg2, Nov 3, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium defect - can't delete a backup - Similar Threads - Macrium defect can't

2. Modified Macrium backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Modified Macrium backup: Dell Inspiron 15 5565, Win 10 Home I want to create a Mactium backup, but it's going to be huge unless I can properly modify it. I tried to use a USB with 28gb free space as the destination, but it wasn't enough [img] My first question is can I just image the first 4...
  3. macrium backup failed

macrium backup failed: hello all after months of doing a image backup , today my marcium backup failed , i have tried several times to do a backup, and a [img] [img] reboot ( before i do the 1809 ) update any suggestions welcomed 123956
  4. Macrium Reflect Free not deleting old backup images.

Macrium Reflect Free not deleting old backup images.: Hi, I have Macrium's retention policy set to delete images older than 7 weeks, but it is not deleting them. I have at least two images it should purge before starting a new backup. It says '2 sets found', then 'nothing to delete' - even though the two oldest images were made...
  5. Question on Macrium backups

Question on Macrium backups: Thanks for thinking about answering my question! I currently have the following backup plan for my laptop - full backup on Sunday, then Differential every other day of the week. So in the case of a failure, I just have to restore the Sunday Full and the latest Differential...
  6. Macrium Backup error

Macrium Backup error: I was getting system hanging problem in my windows 10 for quite a days (my system is dual boot with two hard disk, one XP and other Windows 10). I already have macrium backup image but I tried to take a new backup of my windows 10 system drives with the free version from...
  7. Can't Delete Backups

Can't Delete Backups: Not sure if this started after the last update, but I can't delete backup any longer. Gives me error code 0X80070510 and says "the storage policy blocks that type of file". Never had this issue before. Can delete if I boot in safe mode, but never had to do that before....
  8. Macrium installation & backup

Macrium installation & backup: Hello Forum, An hour ago I installed Macrium, after instl. it made (burned) a rescue dvd. I am trying to make my first backup to the system, but first I want to consult with my 'teachers', After installation please see screenshot "macrium - 01.jpg", there are 2 disks, C:...
  9. Backup & Restore with Macrium

Backup & Restore with Macrium: Hello, Thanks for the answers. Searching I found this long explanation which made me more confused http://www.everydaylinuxuser.com/201...-way-with.html and I have lot of questions since, 1. Have one full instl. file "reflect_setup_free_x86(6.1.1081).exe size 39.502...
  10. Macrium backup

Macrium backup: I have made a backup of my hard drive from my old computer with macruim reflect. It is a backup of a few installed applications and software packages but more importantly it is a copy of windows 10 professional with digital entitlement. I plan to buy a new laptop and am...