Windows 10: Macrium: deploy to different hardware

Discus and support Macrium: deploy to different hardware in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Has anyone here used this function? Say from AMD to INTEL hardware and graphics? Any problems? Windows 10 activation: did it activate without help or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by thomaseg1, May 30, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

Macrium: deploy to different hardware

Has anyone here used this function?
    Say from AMD to INTEL hardware and graphics?
    Any problems?
    Windows 10 activation: did it activate without help or
    was ShowKey Plus needed to input the old key into the new system?

Just curious....*Smile

/

:)

thomaseg1, May 30, 2019
  2. stamps Win User

Deploying a single Windows image to multiple pieces of hardware?

I have two NUCs that I would like the same image to be used on. NUC5PGYHR and the NUC DC3217IYE. I'm using a base Windows 10 LTSB image on both of them now.

High level of the hardware differences:

1. eMMC vs mSATA
    2. Pentium vs i3
    3. 2GB vs 4GB

I'd like to have the image support both of them so I can just deploy to either with DISM when a set up is needed.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

stamps, May 30, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium: deploy to different hardware [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 30, 2019
  4. WaileaKid Win User

Deploying app on HTC diamond

I don't believe deploying an app on HTC diamond is any different but I just wrote a small app and deployed it on my touch diamond. It works fine but it does not show up in the list of "All Programs" in the thouch flow UI. Do I need to do anything specific
    to get it show up in the list?

TIA

WK.

WaileaKid, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Macrium: deploy to different hardware - Similar Threads - Macrium deploy different

2. Macrium Redeployment not able to boot windows on different hardware

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Redeployment not able to boot windows on different hardware: I have Win 7 64 bit on 8 years old AMD. I am redeploying it on i3 4 th gen Asus Motherboard H81 . Everything goes smooth. Redeployment says that it has found driver for SATA AHCI and it will load when Window will boot. But Windows not booting on i3. The Black Screen comes...
  3. Macrium Free --Restore to totally different hardware --Working !!!

Macrium Free --Restore to totally different hardware --Working !!!: Hi there Macrium Free version is also brilliant at restoring to totally different hardware. This method can be used pretty well where there's different hardware involved or creating V2P (a Virtual to Physical conversion) whatever VM system you are running. You can't get much...
  4. Macrium Reflect 7 free - can't restore to different HDD

Macrium Reflect 7 free - can't restore to different HDD: I installed MR 7 free to my older MBR system and created a complete image of an old 7 home, etc. for testing. Saved it to a 2TB HDD and wish to restore to a 320GB HDD. The image is ~240GB(?). I cannot find an option anywhere to restore to a HDD other than the one the image...
  5. Windows Deployment Service to Deploy Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Deployment Service to Deploy Bitlocker: Hello I'm using WDS Version: 6.2.9200.16384 in a 2016 domain. I would like to deploy Windows 10 with Bit locker enabled. I've read some long complicated articles about the subject and was wondering if somebody had a simpler way? I understand TPM must be enabled. So, it...
  6. Macrium Free - total Winner - recovered PC from different Hardware

Macrium Free - total Winner - recovered PC from different Hardware: Hi folks Somehow I corrupted a recent backup on an intel laptop so on restore it failed with Backup file is corrupted Anyway I restored from a backup taken on an AMD server (AMD processor with Nvidia Mobo) to HP Intel laptop with Intel graphics etc. Free version just did the...
  7. Macrium versus Acronis in cloning laptop drive. Seems a difference

Macrium versus Acronis in cloning laptop drive. Seems a difference: Macrium versus Acronis in cloning laptop drive. Seems a difference I have used Acronis for years. In order to clone a laptop drive I have been told to take out the internal laptop drive and attach via USB. Then put drive I want to clone TO in the laptop. Then I would boot...
  8. Macrium: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive

Macrium: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive: I have downloaded Macrium Reflect to try it out before purchasing. It is v6.3.1665. I am seeing the errors: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive: Y:\Visual Studio\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\TeamFoundation\Team Explorer\1045\* and on and on...
  9. One Macrium rescue USB - several different pcs ?

One Macrium rescue USB - several different pcs ?: I have 6 Windows 10 Pro x64 pcs, some have optical disk some not, various i7 cpus (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen) and mobos. I have installed Macrium Reflect Free on all 6 and it would be really convenient if I could have just one bootable rescue USB for all the machines. Is this...
  10. macrium reflect -- install different trial version?

macrium reflect -- install different trial version?: I installed macrium reflect home, trial edition. when the trial runs out, can I install workstation trial? EDIT: I am asking here, rather than on the official macrium forum, because a trial license does not entitle you to join the forum. over there, you have to pay in...