Windows 10: Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next, Finish buttons

Discus and support Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next, Finish buttons in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; W10 v.1909 This is a Macrium Reflect 7 problem. It is a really strange problem which only occurs intermittently. I know of at least one other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Gaius, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Gaius Win User

Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next, Finish buttons

W10 v.1909

This is a Macrium Reflect 7 problem.

It is a really strange problem which only occurs intermittently. I know of at least one other Macrium user who has experienced exactly the same thing.

I cannot get help from Macrium because my one year of support has ended and there is nothing in Macrium’s Help to assist me.

After clicking on Image Selected Disks on the Computer, the next screen (Disk Image) is too deep to display the Next and Finish buttons.

On the odd occasion I have managed to just touch the top edges of the Next and Finish boxes in order to proceed further.

Even when I drag the top edge of the screen as high as it will go, the bottom edge of the screen is still out of sight and I am unable to click Next or Finish.

How do I resolve this?
    Thanks.

:)

Gaius, Mar 1, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next, Finish buttons [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 1, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Transfer System disk image to SSD

Here's my suggestion: Connect the SSD to the PC.

1. Download: Macrium Reflect Free and install then run.
      IMPORTANT: click on the 1st icon on the top left to create a Macrium Rescue disk (using USB or DVD)
    2. Open Disk Management and make sure the SSD is disk 1.
      From Admin Command, type:
      diskpart
      select disk 1
      clean
      exit
      exit
    3. From Macrium, The disk with Windows currently running will have the partitions as shown in your screen shot above. Click on Clone this disk...
      A Windows popup, click on select a disk to clone to...
      Click on the SSD
    4. Select the 100MB "System Reserved", drag and drop to the destination (SSD)
    5. Select the 60GB "C Drive", drag and drop to the destination(SSD) next to the System Reserved
    6. Click Next->Finish
    7. Once done, shutdown, disconnect the HD and connect the SSD Only
    8. Boot up with the Macrium Rescue disk created in step 1.
    9. Once booted, click on "Fix Windows boot problems" and follow the instruction to complete.
    10. Remove the Rescue disk and reboot.

topgundcp, Mar 1, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Here's an easy way to do it, With your SSD connected.

1. If not already done. Create a backup image of your current Windows HD. From Macrium, click on "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows"
      NOTE: you could actually clone the disk, but create a backup then restore will allow Macrium to correctly align the cluster size and perform trimming on the new SSD.
    2. After step 1 is done, click on Restore tab, select the image from step 1 then click on Select different target disk, select the SSD as destination disk then click on Next->Finish. No need to use/boot from Rescue disk. It will be faster and Macrium will also perform trimming on the new SSD.
    3. Disconnect the HD and reboot. Windows should boot up with the new SSD.

topgundcp, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next, Finish buttons - Similar Threads - Macrium Disk Image

2. Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next or Finish button

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next or Finish button: Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next, Finish buttons. This situation presents itself when I'm trying to do a restore of an image and booting from a USB restore media, as a result, I'm stuck. This did not happen with version 7, only with the recent version 8....
  3. Imaging a Linux (or Windows) Disk without Macrium -- Not cloning

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Imaging a Linux (or Windows) Disk without Macrium -- Not cloning: Hi folks Again the wonders of DD -- if you need to image (not clone as that's simple enough) a disk for use as a backup and you don't have an available copy of Macrium to hand it's very easy to use DD to image a disk to a file and restore it. Works on any type of disk....
  4. Dismounting Macrium Images

Dismounting Macrium Images: I'm having a problem on two different systems dismounting Macrium images. One is running V2004 with licensed Macrium and one is running V1909 with a free copy of Macrium. Macrium is the latest version. One thing in common are the Images are large, 200GB+, one is in excess...
  5. Macrium Reflect creating full disk image QNAP NAS too slow

Macrium Reflect creating full disk image QNAP NAS too slow: I have always been a big fan of Macrium Reflect and have several images on several USB drives around the place. Recently I have purchased a QNAP TS453Be (8G memory) which I am amazed it took me this long to get one. With 4x4TB NAS drives in raid 5 configuration. Very happy...
  6. Macrium Free disk imaging

Macrium Free disk imaging: Ok, using a Macrium made boot USB I can create an image of my boot SSD (all partitions needed to boot Windows), to any other attached disk, this works perfectly. My question is about using Macrium while in Windows, is the disk image made this way identical to the image made...
  7. Restored Macrium Reflect 6.3 image will not boot 'boot disk not found'

Restored Macrium Reflect 6.3 image will not boot 'boot disk not found': Windows 10 Pro, Toshiba Satellite upgraded from OEM Win 8. Created system image w/ Macrium and restored it to a new second HD(HD2). Both drives had a lot of partitions due to Win 8 upgraded to Win 8.1 and back to Win 8 prior to upgrade to Win 10. The laptop will have either...
  8. Macrium - What to Image?

Macrium - What to Image?: Setting up my new Windows 10 Home desktop. Downloaded Macrium Version 6 Free and made a rescue disk. Everything is on the C: drive. Version 6 gives me 2 choices of images: 1. Image selected disks. 2. Image partitions required to backup and restore Windows. Choice 2...
  9. Imaging a disk with macrium

Imaging a disk with macrium: I have tried several times to make an image of a windows 7 disk.. Using macrium reflect and it just won't do it. It says can't make an image of this disk.. no reason given. On the same computer with another disk that has windows 10, it works just fine, i can image it ok....
  10. How do I mount a Macrium disk image?

How do I mount a Macrium disk image?: The images I have are in the form: XXXXXX.mrimg. How do I mount an image so I can read and use individual files and folders? Thank you. 60278