Windows 10: Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next or Finish button

Discus and support Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next or Finish button in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next, Finish buttons. This situation presents itself when I'm trying to do a restore of an image and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ameneses54, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next or Finish button

Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next, Finish buttons. This situation presents itself when I'm trying to do a restore of an image and booting from a USB restore media, as a result, I'm stuck. This did not happen with version 7, only with the recent version 8. Actually, I'm forced to use a rescue media created with version 7 which is not ideal. Please advise!

:)

ameneses54, Jun 3, 2021
  2. Gaius Win User

Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next, Finish buttons

W10 v.1909

This is a Macrium Reflect 7 problem.

It is a really strange problem which only occurs intermittently. I know of at least one other Macrium user who has experienced exactly the same thing.

I cannot get help from Macrium because my one year of support has ended and there is nothing in Macrium’s Help to assist me.

After clicking on Image Selected Disks on the Computer, the next screen (Disk Image) is too deep to display the Next and Finish buttons.

On the odd occasion I have managed to just touch the top edges of the Next and Finish boxes in order to proceed further.

Even when I drag the top edge of the screen as high as it will go, the bottom edge of the screen is still out of sight and I am unable to click Next or Finish.

How do I resolve this?
    Thanks.

Gaius, Jun 3, 2021
  3. mngerhold Win User

Dalchina replied while I was investigating: it seems the window that Reflect throws up is locked in some way - it is not responsive to Alt-space, its height is not remembered from previous calls (but its width and position on screen are), and the height seems to be (in my case) 682 pixels with a screen operating at 1920x1080 (so it fits). I wonder if you are using the 'ease of access' setting to make everything bigger? If so, then you may be getting something like this:

Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next or Finish button [​IMG]

That was at 175%, and the window is as high as I can drag it. You can just make out the 'next' etc buttons. If that is the case, the only solutions I can see are to temporarily revert to 100% display, or auto-hide the task bar.

mngerhold, Jun 3, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next or Finish button

Hi, you might try Fix 4 using the option Move in the dropdown from the title bar.
    Windows: Bring Off-Screen Window Back Onto Screen - Technipages
    ALT Space should also show such an option.

The mouse pointer changes to a NSEW 4 way pointer and you can use arrow keys and then move the mouse pointer and have the window dragged as you do so.

Another option might be to use a free 3rd party tool such as Window Manipulator or Altdrag which allow you to move/resize etc a window by holding a key and a mouse button down and moving the mouse to move the selected window.

dalchina, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next or Finish button

1. Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next or Finish button - Similar Threads - Macrium Disk Image

2. Imaging a Linux (or Windows) Disk without Macrium -- Not cloning

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Imaging a Linux (or Windows) Disk without Macrium -- Not cloning: Hi folks Again the wonders of DD -- if you need to image (not clone as that's simple enough) a disk for use as a backup and you don't have an available copy of Macrium to hand it's very easy to use DD to image a disk to a file and restore it. Works on any type of disk....
  3. Dismounting Macrium Images

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dismounting Macrium Images: I'm having a problem on two different systems dismounting Macrium images. One is running V2004 with licensed Macrium and one is running V1909 with a free copy of Macrium. Macrium is the latest version. One thing in common are the Images are large, 200GB+, one is in excess...
  4. Macrium Reflect creating full disk image QNAP NAS too slow

Macrium Reflect creating full disk image QNAP NAS too slow: I have always been a big fan of Macrium Reflect and have several images on several USB drives around the place. Recently I have purchased a QNAP TS453Be (8G memory) which I am amazed it took me this long to get one. With 4x4TB NAS drives in raid 5 configuration. Very happy...
  5. Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next, Finish buttons

Macrium Disk Image screen (too deep) not showing Next, Finish buttons: W10 v.1909 This is a Macrium Reflect 7 problem. It is a really strange problem which only occurs intermittently. I know of at least one other Macrium user who has experienced exactly the same thing. I cannot get help from Macrium because my one year of support has ended...
  6. Macrium Free disk imaging

Macrium Free disk imaging: Ok, using a Macrium made boot USB I can create an image of my boot SSD (all partitions needed to boot Windows), to any other attached disk, this works perfectly. My question is about using Macrium while in Windows, is the disk image made this way identical to the image made...
  7. Restored Macrium Reflect 6.3 image will not boot 'boot disk not found'

Restored Macrium Reflect 6.3 image will not boot 'boot disk not found': Windows 10 Pro, Toshiba Satellite upgraded from OEM Win 8. Created system image w/ Macrium and restored it to a new second HD(HD2). Both drives had a lot of partitions due to Win 8 upgraded to Win 8.1 and back to Win 8 prior to upgrade to Win 10. The laptop will have either...
  8. Macrium - What to Image?

Macrium - What to Image?: Setting up my new Windows 10 Home desktop. Downloaded Macrium Version 6 Free and made a rescue disk. Everything is on the C: drive. Version 6 gives me 2 choices of images: 1. Image selected disks. 2. Image partitions required to backup and restore Windows. Choice 2...
  9. Imaging a disk with macrium

Imaging a disk with macrium: I have tried several times to make an image of a windows 7 disk.. Using macrium reflect and it just won't do it. It says can't make an image of this disk.. no reason given. On the same computer with another disk that has windows 10, it works just fine, i can image it ok....
  10. How do I mount a Macrium disk image?

How do I mount a Macrium disk image?: The images I have are in the form: XXXXXX.mrimg. How do I mount an image so I can read and use individual files and folders? Thank you. 60278