Windows 10: Macrium error message ..... clone XML not found

Discus and support Macrium error message ..... clone XML not found in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; what does this macrium message mean??? I thought I cloned my hdd but after the 22 minute procedure saw the below message... I assume the clone file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by provlima, Mar 6, 2018.

1. provlima Win User

Macrium error message ..... clone XML not found

what does this macrium message mean???
    I thought I cloned my hdd but after the 22 minute procedure saw the below message...
    I assume the clone file is not complete

what does it mean???

:)

provlima, Mar 6, 2018
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 6, 2018
  3. slance310 Win User
    Unable to enable Secure Boot/Disable Legacy in BIOS after cloning to ssd

Hi,

I have heard of some cloning programs having this type of error...

Maybe creating an image of the original HDD and then Restoring it to the SSD may work better...

Maybe with a bootable version of Macrium Reflect or similar...

slance310, Mar 6, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

A xml file is basicly a record of whats been backed up its not actual part of the backup image check the shedule see XML validation error

Samuria, Mar 6, 2018
  5. Word Man Win User
    It likely means that the xml file is not there. I can't tell you why it wouldn't be. An xml file is basically a specification of what to back up, to where, and when. Try opening a command (or powershell, right click Start) prompt and type "dir F:\ *.xml" and hit Enter/Return and tell us if you get a "File Not Found" result.

Word Man, Mar 6, 2018
  6. Bastet Win User
    Is drive F connected? If not then that’s the reason for the error.
    Usually MR .xml files are stored within the documents folder on C so the clone one should be there too.

Bastet, Mar 6, 2018
  7. provlima Win User
    Thanks for your message...I checked the documents folder and found the xml file for my previous backups but not for my current backup........is the xml backup file essential for a clone restore???

provlima, Mar 7, 2018
  8. Word Man Win User

There is no such thing as a "clone restore". An xml backup definition file is NOT essential for an image restore.

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium error message ..... clone XML not found - Similar Threads - Macrium error message

2. Macrium Reflect: No operating system found after partition cloning

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect: No operating system found after partition cloning: My objective is to have a windows 10 clone on a different disk in order to be able to continue working immediately in case of a disk failure. 1)Using Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 (1909), I cloned the windows partition (which is on a GPT disk) to partition J found on another...
  3. cloning with Macrium

cloning with Macrium: I am trying to clone a small drive in an old laptop to a larger drive for the extra storage I have used just a straight clone onto an unallocated disk , formatting the disk with exfat deleting the volumes so that the disk becomes empty and even tried it with the disk marked...
  4. cloning with Macrium

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloning with Macrium: I am trying to clone a small drive in an old laptop to a larger drive for the extra storage I have used just a straight clone onto an unallocated disk , formatting the disk with exfat deleting the volumes so that the disk becomes empty and even tried it with the disk marked...
  5. Macrium Reflect 7 clone error

Macrium Reflect 7 clone error: Windows 10 Pro ver. 1909 (OS build 18.363.959) Trying to clone my operating system to a new drive I get the following error: Error 0 unable to match partition Drive 1 start sector 467118080 Result code 0x8004230f Can anyone help please? 161281
  6. Macrium Reflect Clone Error 0

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium Reflect Clone Error 0: Trying to clone a Win 10 boot drive - 250GB SSD to a new 500GB SSD and it keeps failing at or near the end of the clone. I did a check disk on both drives. Not sure what else to do. Would a paid package be worth a try? EaseUs is $20 which would be worth it if it works....
  7. Macrium Cloning Question

Macrium Cloning Question: This is my HDD layout, [img] . I would like to clone to a SSD. If I choose not to include the Recovery D: partition, will that space no longer used by the D: partition show as unallocated space? Thank you for your help. Windows 10 1909 145762
  8. Macrium Clone behaviour

Macrium Clone behaviour: Running Macrium/reflect trying to clone (not image) the C: drive. The c: drive has a system reserved partition (no drive letter assigned) with a normal C: partition. When a clone is attempted, Macrium assigns a drive letter to the system reserved partition? Not sure why....
  9. Macrium Clone Problem

Macrium Clone Problem: Hello friends at TenForums, After cloning my Windows 10 drive with Macrium, my PC goes directly to bios. Windows will not boot unless I manually select the drive after bios starts. Attached is a photo of disk manager showing the disk in question with 3 partitions. I tried...
  10. macrium clone stuck

macrium clone stuck: tried to clone disk from Macrium reflect free, and window stuck. unable to see bottom of window. any fix? [img] 70358