Windows 10: Macrium error message ..... clone XML not found

Discus and support Macrium error message ..... clone XML not found in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; what does this macrium message mean??? I thought I cloned my hdd but after the 22 minute procedure saw the below message... I assume the clone file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by provlima, Mar 6, 2018.

1. provlima Win User

Macrium error message ..... clone XML not found

what does this macrium message mean???
    I thought I cloned my hdd but after the 22 minute procedure saw the below message...
    I assume the clone file is not complete

what does it mean???

:)

provlima, Mar 6, 2018
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 6, 2018
  3. slance310 Win User
    Unable to enable Secure Boot/Disable Legacy in BIOS after cloning to ssd

Hi,

I have heard of some cloning programs having this type of error...

Maybe creating an image of the original HDD and then Restoring it to the SSD may work better...

Maybe with a bootable version of Macrium Reflect or similar...

slance310, Mar 6, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

A xml file is basicly a record of whats been backed up its not actual part of the backup image check the shedule see XML validation error

Samuria, Mar 6, 2018
  5. Word Man Win User
    It likely means that the xml file is not there. I can't tell you why it wouldn't be. An xml file is basically a specification of what to back up, to where, and when. Try opening a command (or powershell, right click Start) prompt and type "dir F:\ *.xml" and hit Enter/Return and tell us if you get a "File Not Found" result.

Word Man, Mar 6, 2018
  6. Bastet Win User
    Is drive F connected? If not then that’s the reason for the error.
    Usually MR .xml files are stored within the documents folder on C so the clone one should be there too.

Bastet, Mar 6, 2018
  7. provlima Win User
    Thanks for your message...I checked the documents folder and found the xml file for my previous backups but not for my current backup........is the xml backup file essential for a clone restore???

provlima, Mar 7, 2018
  8. Word Man Win User

There is no such thing as a "clone restore". An xml backup definition file is NOT essential for an image restore.

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium error message ..... clone XML not found - Similar Threads - Macrium error message

2. Macrium Reflect error while cloning disks

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect error while cloning disks: I cloned disks for years and it usually works well. Today I am getting this error: This restore must be completed in the Windows PE rescue environment. I don't want to do a restore, I just want to clone Disk C to another disk. 124587
  3. Macrium Reflect error while cloning disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect error while cloning disks: I cloned disks for years and it usually works well. Today I am getting this error: This restore must be completed in the Windows PE rescue environment. I don't want to do a restore, I just want to clone Disk C to another disk. 124587
  4. xml error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    xml error: When doing a scan with free version of Spybot I get the message (in bold) below about file 180702-213610.xml. Has been on the 'cleaner' page for a few days. What is 180702-213610.xml? Is it a virus? Has it been cleaned based on note in green below? I use Webroot...
  5. CLONE with Macrium Reflect (6.3 full) ERROR 12348

CLONE with Macrium Reflect (6.3 full) ERROR 12348: [img] I am getting a new hard drive WD1003FZEX this Friday to replace a 4 year old Seagate in my Dell XPS8700. I backup every day using Macrium Reflect 6.3 (paid). I always look at the Log and get NO errors, none !! In preparation I thought I try the CLONE method...
  6. Macrium Disk not found

Macrium Disk not found: Keep getting this error for Disk 4 not found. I don't have a disk 4, but, why is it searching for one? Destinations go to disk 3 D: without issue 70259
  7. Macrium Clone behaviour

Macrium Clone behaviour: Running Macrium/reflect trying to clone (not image) the C: drive. The c: drive has a system reserved partition (no drive letter assigned) with a normal C: partition. When a clone is attempted, Macrium assigns a drive letter to the system reserved partition? Not sure why....
  8. Macrium Clone Problem

Macrium Clone Problem: Hello friends at TenForums, After cloning my Windows 10 drive with Macrium, my PC goes directly to bios. Windows will not boot unless I manually select the drive after bios starts. Attached is a photo of disk manager showing the disk in question with 3 partitions. I tried...
  9. macrium clone stuck

macrium clone stuck: tried to clone disk from Macrium reflect free, and window stuck. unable to see bottom of window. any fix? [img] 70358
  10. Having trouble Cloning to a new HHD, Macrium failed clone error?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having trouble Cloning to a new HHD, Macrium failed clone error?: Hey, I'm trying to upgrade from a 750Gb hard drive to a 500Gb Hybrid drive, and I'm running into a few difficulties. I'm using the free version of Macrium Reflect, every walk through I've read says to select the partition with the windows symbol, however I have two? Is this...