Windows 10: Macrium failing to capture sysprepped image after following tutorial

Discus and support Macrium failing to capture sysprepped image after following tutorial in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the title says, Macrium is failing. I followed Kari's tutorial, as I have since 1607 but with 1909 I'm receiving this error: Win 10 Enterprise 1909... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by djl236, Jan 21, 2020.

1. djl236 Win User

Macrium failing to capture sysprepped image after following tutorial

As the title says, Macrium is failing. I followed Kari's tutorial, as I have since 1607 but with 1909 I'm receiving this error:
    Win 10 Enterprise 1909 is the version.
    "Applying WinPE unattend settings failed with status 0x80070422; ignoring shutdown settings."

Here's my unattend.xml:

Code:
    :)

djl236, Jan 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 1709 sysprep fail

Hi,

I had the same problem, checked the logs and they basically said Windows was unable to remove the Miracast app.

Tried multiple suggestions, nothing worked until I found this:

Failed to sysprep and capture Windows 10 Fall Creators 1709

Basically Microsoft have pushed out their 1709 image without the Miracast app installed, to fix:

• Copy the C:\Windows\MiracastView folder from a working 1703 build into the C:\Windows directory on the 1709 machine
    • Restart and then run sysprep

Sysprep should then run successfully!

Josh

Josh Hackett, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1709 sysprep fail

Unfortunately this did not work for me.

Derek.Smiley, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Fafaxx Win User

MDT: Capture and sysprepped reference image

Hello All,

This is my first post in this forum. However I have already followed the excellent tutorials about Windows 10 customization and used some tricks. Now I need some help.

I use MDT 8450 to create a reference image for Windows 10 Pro 1803 with Sysprep. After installing the reference image with a MDT deploy task sequence - task most things are automated.

I run sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown

Log in in audit mode and customize the Administrator profile. After that I run sysprep again.

sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:C:\folder/copyprofile.xml

the unattend xml file has only the copyprofile true switch in it.

Once the system is shut down (VM) I boot into PXE and start the standard capture task of MDT. I switched off the Syspre section of the MDT task since I already ran Sysprep. The wim file is created fine.

After that re-start the VM (not the captured wim file) and now it comes what iritates me. Windows 10 starts a bit slower and ends up at the login screen and not with the OOBE process. I see the same if I replace instal.wim of the Windows 10 ISO with the captured WIM and start the ISO in a VM it installs Windows 10, but ends up at the login screen too and not going through OOBE process.

I would expect after I captured a WIM file, the VM would start with the OOBE process since sysprep run with shutdown option. The only thing between was I PXE booted and captured it. It seems during the capture process something has happened which might Windows think OOBE process is already done. I have to revert to last snapshot and then Windows does the OOBE process.

Thanks

Edy

Fafaxx, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Macrium failing to capture sysprepped image after following tutorial - Similar Threads - Macrium failing capture

2. following a tutorial

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    following a tutorial: I am trying to follow a tutorial and was wondering if i needed to make the usb bootable to make it work https://youtu.be/rl6SeLSyztw the tutorial submitted by /u/RealToadPlayzYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ugukfs/following_a_tutorial/
  3. Using DISM to capture a online image you are using, or online image after sysprep command...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using DISM to capture a online image you are using, or online image after sysprep command...: Hello I am trying to create a .wim or .iso file for use with practice with learning for college with making deployable images for windows 10. Can anyone help? I keep getting stuck with the DISM command line after. There is a dism /online command switch that would utilize...
  4. Sysprep fails

Sysprep fails: I can't sysprep the pc. setupact.log gives : SYSPRP Package Microsoft.LanguageExperiencePacknl-NL_18362.9.23.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe was installed for a user, but not provisioned for all users. This package will not function properly in the sysprep image. How can I...
  5. I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial.: I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial. It says when Macrium Reflect is first starts it is suppose show this window: [img] But I un-installed and re-installed Macrium Reflect several times. But I always get this window: [img] Don Cole 125141
  6. I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial.

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial.: I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial. It says when Macrium Reflect is first starts it is suppose show this window: [img] But I un-installed and re-installed Macrium Reflect several times. But I always get this window: [img] Don Cole 125141
  7. Macrium Tutorial

Macrium Tutorial: Unfortunately, I have lost all my notes about doing a back up to a WD Elements. Will someone please send me a link to the basic Tutorial please. I am using Windows 10. cheers, Ron 122961
  8. Macrium Reflect Restoring a Failed HD Image

Macrium Reflect Restoring a Failed HD Image: I have been finding my way. While I can navigate through my original file tree in the image I am now inferring that I cannot directly extract portions of it, say my User files. Restoring an image is an all or nothing proposition?. Is this correct? If so I am thinking...
  9. MDT: Capture and sysprepped reference image

MDT: Capture and sysprepped reference image: Hello All, This is my first post in this forum. However I have already followed the excellent tutorials about Windows 10 customization and used some tricks. Now I need some help. I use MDT 8450 to create a reference image for Windows 10 Pro 1803 with Sysprep. After...
  10. Capturing syspreped image on virtual machine

Capturing syspreped image on virtual machine: Hello, and Merry Christmas to all! i have syspreped win10 32 bit 1511 virtual machine. problem is i cant capture .wim file. i tried for months all tutorials, and various virtual patforms (VirtualBox, Hyper-V, and VMware, which iam using right now) i try imagex, macrium,...