Windows 10: Macrium free disabled?

Discus and support Macrium free disabled? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have set Macrium to do backups, two selections and each one runs automatically twice a week. Yesterday, I thought I would do a check and discovered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by bertie11, Aug 14, 2021.

1. bertie11 Win User

Macrium free disabled?

I have set Macrium to do backups, two selections and each one runs automatically twice a week. Yesterday, I thought I would do a check and discovered that no backups had taken place since August 4th. When I checked I found that these backup had been disabled, task scheduler confirmed this, saying I no longer had the right permissions. It also said I needed to use System account. So now, I'm confused as to why this setup has changed, and what I should do to return it to it's usual setup. Could these recent updates have caused this? Windows 10 (21H1 19043.1110) Thank you I am aware that today is Friday 13th and that caution is required! I also noticed that scheduler made mention, several times, that Speech to Text was involved. I can't see how I can remove this, as it isn't installed., Speech to Text solved.

:)

bertie11, Aug 14, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium free disabled? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Jerry8AB Win User
    Macrium Boot Question

Macrium Boot Question

I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from.

What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as being first to boot from?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Aug 14, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Macrium free disabled?

I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial.

Strongly suggest you watch some youtube videos on Macrium and follow them step by step, making sure they are current.

Also make sure you have the manual to hand, and use the extensive help provided with the product.

dalchina, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Macrium free disabled?

1. Macrium free disabled? - Similar Threads - Macrium free disabled

2. Macrium free disabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium free disabled?: I have set Macrium to do backups, two selections and each one runs automatically twice a week. Yesterday, I thought I would do a check and discovered that no backups had taken place since August 4th. When I checked I found that these backup had been disabled, task scheduler...
  3. Macrium Free disk imaging

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Free disk imaging: Ok, using a Macrium made boot USB I can create an image of my boot SSD (all partitions needed to boot Windows), to any other attached disk, this works perfectly. My question is about using Macrium while in Windows, is the disk image made this way identical to the image made...
  4. Macrium Reflect Free Questions

Macrium Reflect Free Questions: Recent experience has me thinking of everything that I can possibly do to maintain this system. I do run a batch file backup routine several times a day copying current data to a WD Elements external drive, so I'm covered with having current backups of that. First question:...
  5. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  6. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  9. Macrium Free

Macrium Free: I just downloaded Macrium Reflect Free version 6.3. When I tried to backup my system disk that has two partitions, Windows Reserved and Windows itself, I go an error message saying, : MFT corrupt =6. Please run chkdsk /f. I did that several times on the disk with no...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310