Windows 10: Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery)

Discus and support Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; You're welcome, Steven. I'm glad you solved it. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by muchomurka, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery)

You're welcome, Steven. I'm glad you solved it.

muchomurka, Apr 5, 2018

2. Just trying the program out. I have Macrium in the boot Start. If I select to boot to the PE Environment it works fine, but when I created a Rescue Disc it just boots to Windows.

Should it not boot to the non Windows environment? (Like Acronis?)

Running Windows 10 x64 Skip Ahead 17650

Thanks

So far Macrium is better than Acronis...if I can solve the above, I'd be happier.

:)

CallMeSteven, Apr 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Pro upgrade to 1511 Build cannot update the System Reserved Partition with error code 0xc0000225.

Original title: Windows 10 Pro upgrade to 1511 Build cannot update the System Reserved Partition

Windows 10 Pro upgrade to the 1511 build is unable to update the System Reserved Partition on my desktop PC. First, a little background. I originally ran a dual-boot environment on my PC. Separate HDD's for each O/S. Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro.
    Both O/S's worked well. I resisted updating the Win7 O/S to Win10 for a time, but Microsoft somehow pushed the upgrade to my PC. (I probably missed a decline instruction.) Once upgraded, my PC booted showing two (2) O/S options - Windows 10 (Vol 10) & Windows
    10 (Vol 3). Volume 3 was formerly my Windows 7 Pro O/S. I booted to Windows 10 Volume 3 and created a backup image using the free edition of Macrium Reflect - version 6.1, build 1023. I created a Windows PE media recovery disc with the Macrium program,
    and ran it to correct the dual-boot environment to a Windows 10 single boot. All was fine until Microsoft wanted to install upgrade version 1511, 10586. That's when I received the error message 0xc0000225. I have used multiple resources to try to resize
    and increase the space on the System Reserved Partition so Windows 10 Pro upgrade can be installed. I cannot seem to resize this partition either with Microsoft's fix or Partition Magic or AOMEI partition management software. When I used the Windows PE disc
    (Macrium Reflect's version) to fix the SRP, it defaulted the partition to FAT32, 100MB. It's filled with 91.5MB of data and there is no additional room for the Windows 10 Pro upgrade. Question: Is there any way I can fix this issue WITHOUT a complete restore
    from restore media? I realize this is a lengthy description and I wish to thank the Community for its time. Happy New Year!

Neal O'Connor, Apr 21, 2018
  4. Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery)

Windows 10 Upgrade and WinBook TW100 Windows 8.1 tablet... three things to watch out for...

OK... glad you found the way into the UEFI ("BIOS") setup in the

firmware.

I used a 1 TB USB hard drive to do my system backup, then burned the Macrium backup archive onto a DVD for safe storage in my closet.

You should be able to make a donor image from your new

Winbook using Macrium, make a boot/recovery DVD in Macrium,

plug in a USB DVD drive, boot to it from the UEFI and then use the

donor image to un-brick the "unfortunate victim" (LOL) of the

Windows 10 upgrade.

Macrium is nice in that it gives you a couple choices for your

bootable recovery media - if I recall correctly, one of the options

is for a bootable Linux DVD that can restore from Macrium image

files.

Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery) :)

AllanY2525, Apr 21, 2018
  5. CountMike New Member
    Did you set in BIOS for CD/DVD drive to be first BOOT device ?
    Can you please fill in "My computer" details, it can help with resolving issues.

CountMike, Apr 22, 2018
  6. Thanks Mike...I'm sure it is correct but I'll check it in the BIOs (It boots using the Acronis Recovery dvd disc to do a recovery outside Windows fine, built not using the Macruim disc.)

Just checked...correct the DVD is seen before the SSD. I also see 'Push Enter to start DVD/CD' once booted with the disc in (as normal). But all it does is start Windows. Not go into the Macrium Recovery Options (like the Start Menu does)

CallMeSteven, Apr 22, 2018
  7. CountMike New Member
    It can take some considerable time to actually show up on the screen, give it some time.

CountMike, Apr 22, 2018
  8. Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery)

No...that's not correct. The disc boots to Windows without showing any menu. There's nothing to wait for *Smile As soon I click on the Click any key to start DVD, it just boots normally to Windows 10, not to the Recovery menu. Do you know why?

9. CountMike New Member
    During tha making of rescue disk/USB it asks to update PE environment, did you let it do it ? There's also something about drivers. I didn't dwell much about those things as defaults work just fine for me.

CountMike, Apr 22, 2018
  10. Yes I did the update and yes I refreshed the drivers (but I will try again...now). I will post again shortly

11. Same as other two discs...I see the Click any key to start DVD/CD, even if I do nothing after a second Windows starts as normal. Quite odd

12. CountMike New Member
    Can't you experiment using USB instead of burning disks ?

CountMike, Apr 22, 2018
  13. Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery)

Yes...may have to. I'll buy another USB stick and try in the next few days. Thanks for your guidance.

14. CountMike New Member
    You are welcome, burning CD/DVDs so many times would drive me nuts. For Rescue USB for MR, you din't need larger than 4GB. I'm keeping it (and other programs like that) on SD card(s) and USB adapter for them.

CountMike, Apr 22, 2018
  15. cereberus Win User
    The Macrium Rescue files fit on a drive of 500MB, and even a 250MB drive (manually copying them from iso).

cereberus, Apr 22, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery)

1. Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery) - Similar Threads - Macrium Free DVD

2. Macrium PE Problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium PE Problem: I have Macrium Recovery on a USB drive which I've used successfully for years restoring images of Win7 and Win10. The drive itself has 2 partitions, the first one formatted as FAT32, containing the bootable Macrium PE system itself. The 2nd partition is formatted to NTFS, and...
  3. Booting to recovery environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting to recovery environment: Please tell how to boot to recovery environment to solve trouble shoot error in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-to-recovery-environment/da240ec1-b957-44db-88b1-dd365e20bfe2
  4. How to remove PE environment of AOMEI Onekey Recovery only?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove PE environment of AOMEI Onekey Recovery only?: I am planning to do 'Differential Increment' using Macrium Reflect Free. I have AOMEI OneKey recovery and Partition Assistant installed already with their PE. I want to remove AOMEI Recovery with its PE and install Macrium Reflect with its PE but keep AOMEI Partition...
  5. Windows 10 does not boot, not even the recovery disc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 does not boot, not even the recovery disc: Hello, my Windows 10 does not boot at all. It begann when i install something today with an registry edit. After that the PC got slow so i tried a restart. Please note, it wasnt a shady installation - there are plenty others using this. so it might be a crazy coincidence....
  6. Macrium and Win Pe

Macrium and Win Pe: Hello,Recently updated "Macrium Reflect" program to latest version 7.2.4440. After the update I made a new rescue cd, Had first to press on "Rebuild Pe". After cd was done, I ran it to check it, it is OK. However I wonder why on the upper row of the rescue screen is written...
  7. Macrium and Win Pe

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium and Win Pe: Hello,Recently updated "Macrium Reflect" program to latest version 7.2.4440. After the update I made a new rescue cd, Had first to press on "Rebuild Pe". After cd was done, I ran it to check it, it is OK. However I wonder why on the upper row of the rescue screen is written...
  8. Booting from Macrium Free clone…

Booting from Macrium Free clone…: When I joined this forum it became obvious that Macrium was the software of choice for backing up so I have installed it and am doing my best to get it to run. Now what I want to do initially is to make a bootable clone. From the MF User Guide … I click on ‘clone this disk’...
  9. Booting from Macrium Free clone…

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting from Macrium Free clone…: When I joined this forum it became obvious that Macrium was the software of choice for backing up so I have installed it and am doing my best to get it to run. Now what I want to do initially is to make a bootable clone. From the MF User Guide … I click on ‘clone this disk’...
  10. Macrium Reflect PE Environment cannot detect Bitlocker Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect PE Environment cannot detect Bitlocker Drives: Hello, I have created a bootable USB using Macrium Reflect 7.1 (Free version) with the options checked for bitlocker encrypted drives to automatically unlock. My pc has the following drives: 1 M.2 drive (OS) (encrypted) 2 1TB HDD's in RAID1 (encrypted) 1 750GB HDD (not...