Windows 10: Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery)

Discus and support Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Seems to be fault with the iso. Maybe the bootsector. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by muchomurka, Apr 5, 2018.

1. SIW2 Win User

Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery)

Seems to be fault with the iso. Maybe the bootsector.

2. SIW2 Win User

I suggest you copy "C:\Boot\macrium\WA10KFiles\fwfiles\efisys.bin"
    TO
    "C:\Boot\macrium\WA10KFiles\media\EFI\Microsoft\Boot"

AND copy "C:\Boot\macrium\WA10KFiles\fwfiles\etfsboot.com"
    TO
    "C:\Boot\macrium\WA10KFiles\media\Boot"

Then use this to create the iso ( I cba changing it to English, it is in French , so easy enough to follow)
    Windows_Demarrable.rar

Run Lancer_x64.exe

Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery) [​IMG]

Select media folder

Accept the iso name "live"

Yes

Then add the Live.iso using bcd and see if that boots

3. I'll try the above but burn another disc...I don't like playing with boot menus. Thanks

CallMeSteven, Apr 22, 2018
  4. Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery)

No sorry, still boots up as normal.

CallMeSteven, Apr 22, 2018
  5. Try this:
    - run Rescue Media Wizard
    - select target "Create ISO Image File"
    - uncheck the "Prompt for key press... etc" checkbox
    - click to "Rebuild the rescue environment" button
    - create ISO
    - write ISO to CD or DVD using ImgBurn program
    - in UEFI, use Boot Override option to select boot device (see manual).

muchomurka, Apr 23, 2018
  6. SOLVED!!! Thank you so much @muchomurka. The Dvd was written with Windows 10 burner three times but it looks like ImgBurn did the trick...or Unchecking "Prompt for key press".

Incidentally I tried both Boot Override as suggested and a normal boot from this new disc...both work fine. Boots straight into the Macrium Recovery Environment.

(A dvd recovery disc is needed just in case the MBR gets corrupted, which I recently had with Acronis. )

Thanks again fort everyone who tried to help me...great support.

CallMeSteven, Apr 23, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery)

1. Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery) - Similar Threads - Macrium Free DVD

2. Macrium PE Problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium PE Problem: I have Macrium Recovery on a USB drive which I've used successfully for years restoring images of Win7 and Win10. The drive itself has 2 partitions, the first one formatted as FAT32, containing the bootable Macrium PE system itself. The 2nd partition is formatted to NTFS, and...
  3. Booting to recovery environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting to recovery environment: Please tell how to boot to recovery environment to solve trouble shoot error in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-to-recovery-environment/da240ec1-b957-44db-88b1-dd365e20bfe2
  4. How to remove PE environment of AOMEI Onekey Recovery only?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove PE environment of AOMEI Onekey Recovery only?: I am planning to do 'Differential Increment' using Macrium Reflect Free. I have AOMEI OneKey recovery and Partition Assistant installed already with their PE. I want to remove AOMEI Recovery with its PE and install Macrium Reflect with its PE but keep AOMEI Partition...
  5. Windows 10 does not boot, not even the recovery disc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 does not boot, not even the recovery disc: Hello, my Windows 10 does not boot at all. It begann when i install something today with an registry edit. After that the PC got slow so i tried a restart. Please note, it wasnt a shady installation - there are plenty others using this. so it might be a crazy coincidence....
  6. Macrium and Win Pe

Macrium and Win Pe: Hello,Recently updated "Macrium Reflect" program to latest version 7.2.4440. After the update I made a new rescue cd, Had first to press on "Rebuild Pe". After cd was done, I ran it to check it, it is OK. However I wonder why on the upper row of the rescue screen is written...
  7. Macrium and Win Pe

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium and Win Pe: Hello,Recently updated "Macrium Reflect" program to latest version 7.2.4440. After the update I made a new rescue cd, Had first to press on "Rebuild Pe". After cd was done, I ran it to check it, it is OK. However I wonder why on the upper row of the rescue screen is written...
  8. Booting from Macrium Free clone…

Booting from Macrium Free clone…: When I joined this forum it became obvious that Macrium was the software of choice for backing up so I have installed it and am doing my best to get it to run. Now what I want to do initially is to make a bootable clone. From the MF User Guide … I click on ‘clone this disk’...
  9. Booting from Macrium Free clone…

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting from Macrium Free clone…: When I joined this forum it became obvious that Macrium was the software of choice for backing up so I have installed it and am doing my best to get it to run. Now what I want to do initially is to make a bootable clone. From the MF User Guide … I click on ‘clone this disk’...
  10. Macrium Reflect PE Environment cannot detect Bitlocker Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect PE Environment cannot detect Bitlocker Drives: Hello, I have created a bootable USB using Macrium Reflect 7.1 (Free version) with the options checked for bitlocker encrypted drives to automatically unlock. My pc has the following drives: 1 M.2 drive (OS) (encrypted) 2 1TB HDD's in RAID1 (encrypted) 1 750GB HDD (not...