Windows 10: Macrium Free - New user

Discus and support Macrium Free - New user in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Just started using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm stepping through the excellent user guide but would appreciate advice on a basic point about scheduling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Terrypin, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Terrypin Win User

Macrium Free - New user

Just started using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm stepping through the excellent user guide but would appreciate advice on a basic point about scheduling please.

I've scheduled the first Full for 08:00 tomorrow morning, repeated weekly. Can I schedule the first Differential for say 08:05 without causing a problem? Or must I make it much later, say 10:00, to allow time for the Full to finish? At the moment I'm guessing the duration, based on my very first manual Full run last night, about 50 mins for 100 GB. That would mean all the subsequent six brief Differentials would not start until 10:00 as well, later than I'd like.

Also, with that plan, what would be sensible numbers to specify in the Retention Rules? Currently I've left Full at its default of 26 weeks, and Differential at 7 days, with Free space threshold set to 20 GB for this 2 TB external USB drive.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Nov 1, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Free - New user [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Cliff S Win User
    New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Macrium Free - New user

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Free - New user

1. Macrium Free - New user - Similar Threads - Macrium Free user

2. Macrium free disabled?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium free disabled?: I have set Macrium to do backups, two selections and each one runs automatically twice a week. Yesterday, I thought I would do a check and discovered that no backups had taken place since August 4th. When I checked I found that these backup had been disabled, task scheduler...
  3. Macrium free disabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium free disabled?: I have set Macrium to do backups, two selections and each one runs automatically twice a week. Yesterday, I thought I would do a check and discovered that no backups had taken place since August 4th. When I checked I found that these backup had been disabled, task scheduler...
  4. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  5. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  6. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  7. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  8. New Macrium Reflect Release Version 6.1.185 Free & Paid

New Macrium Reflect Release Version 6.1.185 Free & Paid: MR Source An award winning disk cloning and imaging solution for free. Protect your personal documents, photos, music and e-mails. Upgrade your hard disk or try new operating systems in the safe knowledge that everything is securely saved in an easily recovered backup...
  9. Macrium Free

Macrium Free: I just downloaded Macrium Reflect Free version 6.3. When I tried to backup my system disk that has two partitions, Windows Reserved and Windows itself, I go an error message saying, : MFT corrupt =6. Please run chkdsk /f. I did that several times on the disk with no...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310