Windows 10: Macrium Free

Discus and support Macrium Free in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just downloaded Macrium Reflect Free version 6.3. When I tried to backup my system disk that has two partitions, Windows Reserved and Windows itself,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JJG10, Mar 21, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Macrium Free

I just downloaded Macrium Reflect Free version 6.3. When I tried to backup my system disk that has two partitions, Windows Reserved and Windows itself, I go an error message saying, : MFT corrupt =6. Please run chkdsk /f. I did that several times on the disk with no indication of error. The machine is running fine and I am able to backup and restore restore both partitions using Paragon. Under Macrium, I can back up and restore the Windows partition with no problem but not the Reserved partition.

Am I trying to do something with Macrium that I shouldn't be?

Will appreciate any help here.

:)

JJG10, Mar 21, 2017
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, Mar 21, 2017
  3. BruceTR Win User
    Correct Format for USB Stick | FAT32? | NTFS? | Some Other Format?

I'm using Macrium Reflect Free. Macrium doesn't provide support for the Free version. If they did, I'd be asking Macrium my question.

Macrium does offer a KB and a Forum. The Forum is view-only unless you own a paid version. You cannot post questions without owning a paid version.

In searching the KB and Forum, I could not find an answer to my question. Thus, I came here.

BruceTR, Mar 21, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Macrium Free

dalchina, Mar 21, 2017
  5. JJG10 Win User
    JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Free

1. Macrium Free - Similar Threads - Macrium Free

2. Macrium Reflect Free Version Being Retired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Macrium Reflect Free Version Being Retired: Folks here often recommend the free version of Macrium Reflect as an alternative to Windows' own backup options. Unfortunately, the free version is going away, and there will be no further feature updates. Security updates will continue until January 24, 2024, however. The...
  3. Macrium Reflect Free Version Being Retired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free Version Being Retired: Folks here often recommend the free version of Macrium Reflect as an alternative to Windows' own backup options. Unfortunately, the free version is going away, and there will be no further feature updates. Security updates will continue until January 24, 2024, however. The...
  4. Macrium free disabled?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium free disabled?: I have set Macrium to do backups, two selections and each one runs automatically twice a week. Yesterday, I thought I would do a check and discovered that no backups had taken place since August 4th. When I checked I found that these backup had been disabled, task scheduler...
  5. Macrium free disabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium free disabled?: I have set Macrium to do backups, two selections and each one runs automatically twice a week. Yesterday, I thought I would do a check and discovered that no backups had taken place since August 4th. When I checked I found that these backup had been disabled, task scheduler...
  6. Macrium Reflect free ver7 has Not got any update since over a month

Macrium Reflect free ver7 has Not got any update since over a month: did they dropped the Support for the Free Version ? i use it Only to create a full Windows backup why did they drop the Support for the Free version ? at least Updates Ver 8 has no free version 181901
  7. Macrium 8 "Free" - Just for you info

Macrium 8 "Free" - Just for you info: Hello,I would like to share with you my short experience with Macrium "Free" version 8.I have read all about it on this forum.Downloaded "reflect_setup_free_x64(8.0.5903).exe" file, says "free".First made a full backup image, just in case...Ran the installation file, built-in...
  8. Macrium 8 "Free" - Just for you info

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium 8 "Free" - Just for you info: Hello,I would like to share with you my short experience with Macrium "Free" version 8.I have read all about it on this forum.Downloaded "reflect_setup_free_x64(8.0.5903).exe" file, says "free".First made a full backup image, just in case...Ran the installation file, built-in...
  9. Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...

Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...: About a week or so ago, I finally got the paid version of Macrium Reflect. Mainly for the Image Guardian that the paid version adds. Today I was testing, backing up and restoring from a USB stick (fast one). It works. However, I noticed that with the paid version, I also get...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free adds a second Recovery partition when I restore

Macrium Reflect Free adds a second Recovery partition when I restore: Hello, I am using Macrium Relect Free to make backups of my computer. I used it to make a system image backup of Windows 10 on an SSD. To test I booted into the Macrium Rescue media USB key and restored the image to a different HDD. Macrium added another Recovery partition to...