Windows 10: Macrium general questions

Discus and support Macrium general questions in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've been using Macrium free for quite some time and in general it has worked well for me. However, I have been unable to intsall the 1803 update so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by snifferpro, May 9, 2018.

1. Macrium general questions

I've been using Macrium free for quite some time and in general it has worked well for me.

However, I have been unable to intsall the 1803 update so I decided to make an image of my production system and restore that image to a spare SSD. The image creation was successful and the restore to the spare SSD was successful.

My questions relate to both image creation/restore, and cloning an existing system drive.

1. Is it best to image a system drive while booted from that drive, or should I use the bootable rescure CD to make the image of my system?

2. If I clone my system drive, should I run the clone from the operating system or from the boot cd?

3. Does an image restore change the destination disks signature to that of the source disk?

4. Does a disk clone change the destination disks signature to the same as the source disk?

Thanks for your interest in my post.

:)

snifferpro, May 9, 2018
Thema:

Macrium general questions

1. Macrium general questions - Similar Threads - Macrium general questions

2. Macrium Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macrium Question: Macrium Question –I am trying to restore an image.I get to a screen that says: Select a disk to restore to….I then select Next and I get a screen that says: Please select a destination disk.Can you tell me how to do the two steps above?Thank you,Jerry9/18/2021...
  3. general question

in Windows 10 Support
    general question: ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz Installed RAM8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable) Device ID2A19870F-A938-4F6A-A546-98CBA23F63BA Product ID00330-80000-00000-AA420 System type64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touchNo pen or touch input is...
  4. Macrium question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium question: A Macrium image of C: generally contains several partitions. When I make a change in (one of) the partitions (size or number) in C:, are older Macrium images still usable? 142460
  5. General Question

in Windows 10 Support
    General Question: I just had a general question about a setup that I have done. I built my PC and I have an M.2SSD which the os and programs are installed on. From there, I have two SSD drives which I put all the recent jobs that Im working on. From there, I have a dedicated scratch SSD that...
  6. General question

in Windows 10 Support
    General question: I'm trying to help a friend. Ever since he installed the newest Windows 10 updates all of his non-window icons have disappeared. The exe file for his antivirus is not visible (although it says it's properly installed). Something as simply as a yahoo mail app can't be found....
  7. General question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    General question: I realize this doesn't pertain directly to Microsoft. I just trying to seek an answer. This morning I opened my computer and I haven't opened a browser. This popup was on my screen. It reads: Security Alert. Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is...
  8. Macrium Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Question: Using Macrium, I created a Rescue Media disk and then created a System Image of my C drive and saved it on a backup HD. When the process completed, I checked Explorer to make sure that all folders and files I had selected from the partition to image, were in a Backup folder I...
  9. General Question

in Windows 10 Support
    General Question: Guys, I know this is not really about Windows10. However I trust your opinion in matters of tech! So, what I want to know is about my Phone. It has an internal only battery, so I can't remove it. Does this mean that it can always be Tracked?? (Like in he movies).*Sad 82232
  10. General UEFI Question

in Windows 10 Support
    General UEFI Question: UEFI is a real pain in my butt. I've done extensive reading. I understand (I think) secure boot. I've successfully made a UEFI boot usb windows install disk. I know how to get to access UEFI interface through Windows 8/8.1/10. What I can't find an answer to is how to get to...