Windows 10: Macrium /Google drive

Discus and support Macrium /Google drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Back when I had some networking problems a purchased 200 gig of Google drive. I would use it to store programs ,graphics and other things so I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by thomaseg1, Jun 26, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

Macrium /Google drive

Back when I had some networking problems a purchased 200 gig of Google drive.
    I would use it to store programs ,graphics and other things so I could use them
    set up other computers.
    I was wondering How I could set up a macrium rescue disk so that it would
    Sign in to Google drive and use a Image stored there.
    I thought it would be easy but I'm missing something i can't put my finger on.
    Has anyone used used a cloud based storage this way and how did you set up
    Your rescue disk?

thanks

:)

thomaseg1, Jun 26, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

GPT disk conversion for both data drives and C drive

Macrium Rescue disk can be used to convert from MBR to GPT and vice versa without doing a fresh install of Windows.

1. Download Rescue6.1.1081X64.iso - Google Drive and use Rufus to create a bootable USB disk. Skip this step if you've already created the Macrium Rescue disk.
    2. Download: BootEFI_Only-00-00.zip - Google Drive . Unzip to an external or an internal HD
      NOTE:
      This is a copy of the first 3 partitions of my current Windows 10 x64 (450MB Recovery, 100MB EFI and 16MB MSR)
    3. Boot up Macrium Rescue disk and create a backup of your current Windows to another internal/external HD. It serves 2 purposes: you'd have a backup of your current Windows in case things go wrong and then use it to restore the C drive on the next steps.
    4. Next, switch the BIOS to UEFI and use Macrium to restore the first 3 partitions downloaded in step 2 to your current MBR Windows. No need to convert or Format, Macrium will do it.
    5. Again with Macrium, select the backup image from step 3, and copy back the C drive after the 3 partitions.
      After this step, you should have: 450MB, 100MB, 16MB and C drive (GPT partition scheme)
    6. From Macrium, click on Fix the Windows Boot Problems
    7. Reboot. Your Windows should be in UEFI mode.

topgundcp, Jun 26, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium /Google drive [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 26, 2019
  4. 2workit1 Win User

Macrium /Google drive

where is google drive?

Downloaded google drive; clicked open in the DL folder; it listed it in the : Programs on this computer. Went to desktop to look for the google drive icon; but it doesn't exist. Went back to the: programs on this computer; list; and now it is not listed
    in the list. Any ideas? Thanks.

2workit1, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Macrium /Google drive

1. Macrium /Google drive - Similar Threads - Macrium Google drive

2. Google Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Drive: Is there any way to download the the comments and pictures from Google Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-drive/a40b871e-421e-4623-8fa9-d19e1352ed07
  3. Google Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Drive: Is there any way to download the the comments and pictures from Google Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-drive/a40b871e-421e-4623-8fa9-d19e1352ed07
  4. Macrium Network Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Network Drive: I've got about 50 laptops that I am going to image with Macrium. I have created an image that I'm ready to restore to each of them which is stored on a network drive. After booting to the rescue USB I know I can manually add the network drive manually and it works great that...
  5. Google Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Drive: How to install Google Drive on Windows 10 PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-drive/9d6bd153-1a82-4c20-8b10-11c4f5949f2f
  6. Macrium Recovery 'Drive'?

Macrium Recovery 'Drive'?: Opening Win 10 Pro's File Explorer at the 'This PC' level I see an unexpected entry 'Macrium Reflect Image'. As well as File Explorer it's also displayed by other tools such as TreeSize. [img] I assume this arises from tentatively trying the first steps of the restore...
  7. Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive: I want to add a SSD Drive SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7KE256BW to my computer. I have done a system image of my WD drive,will I be able to install the image to the SSD drive? The WD drive has a partition on it that is...
  8. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect: I am wanting to clone my hard drive and put it on another computer. I think I get it cloned on a external hd. I have made a boot cd. Now here is my problem I don't know how to get it to transfer to the new hd on the new computer. The cd ask wish image to tranfer but there is...
  9. Curious about drives in Macrium

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Curious about drives in Macrium: I'm just wondering about all the small drives listed in Macrium. Is this normal to have all these 260, 128 mb and 450 mb listings? I have two hard drives, one SSD with Windows on (500 gb) and one secondary HD (3 TB). Drive letters C and H. Plus a Card reader internally built...
  10. Google Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Drive: I want to buy email tech support for google drive. Does anyone know how much it costs and where I go to upgrade. I am new to all this. thanks. [img] 49047