Windows 10: Macrium image of a brand new pc - possible without installing?

Discus and support Macrium image of a brand new pc - possible without installing? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop and i would like to use Macrium Free to make an image of the SSD before i do anything. Is it possible to download or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Damun, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Damun Win User

Macrium image of a brand new pc - possible without installing?

I just bought a new laptop and i would like to use Macrium Free to make an image of the SSD before i do anything.

Is it possible to download or create a bootable Macrium USB drive without installing Macrium first?
    Can this be done on a different pc?

:)

Damun, Sep 9, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium image of a brand new pc - possible without installing? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Phil_A1 Win User
    Loading an image (Macrium Reflect) of my C drive into a brand-new pc to retain browser settings, etc.

A few days ago I was told that to accomplish my goal I needed to use Macrium Reflect to take an image of my C drive, and then transfer the image to the new pc. I've done that, and would like to know if it's a simple matter of just transferring it from
    my Seagate external HD to the new pc, so my browser settings, etc. will be as they are now...or are there any other steps I need to take in the process?

Phil_A1, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Phil_A1 Win User

Loading an image (Macrium Reflect) of my C drive into a brand-new pc to retain browser settings, etc.

Thanks for the reply Gordon. So, connect the external HD that has the image, to the new pc, boot it up, and then run the 'restore' function of Macrium Reflect, for that particular image, is that correct?

Phil_A1, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Macrium image of a brand new pc - possible without installing? - Similar Threads - Macrium image brand

2. Brand new PC and Brand new Windows 11 Installer USB Error 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new PC and Brand new Windows 11 Installer USB Error 0xc0000001: Hey All,I have a brand new PC, Brand new WD Green 1TB SSD, and a brand new windows 11 official USB.I have had two errors consistently with trying to install windows on the computer.General specs of the computer: - 16GB Ram, - RX6600 - Ryzen 5 4600G - Gigabyte B550M F on the...
  3. Brand new PC and Brand new Windows 11 Installer USB Error 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new PC and Brand new Windows 11 Installer USB Error 0xc0000001: Hey All,I have a brand new PC, Brand new WD Green 1TB SSD, and a brand new windows 11 official USB.I have had two errors consistently with trying to install windows on the computer.General specs of the computer: - 16GB Ram, - RX6600 - Ryzen 5 4600G - Gigabyte B550M F on the...
  4. Installing Windows in brand new PC without OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows in brand new PC without OS: Hi, I bought a portable computer and I'm trying to install windows 10 in it. But it doesn't recognize the hard drive when it comes to selecting it. What should i do ?...
  5. Imaging a Linux (or Windows) Disk without Macrium -- Not cloning

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Imaging a Linux (or Windows) Disk without Macrium -- Not cloning: Hi folks Again the wonders of DD -- if you need to image (not clone as that's simple enough) a disk for use as a backup and you don't have an available copy of Macrium to hand it's very easy to use DD to image a disk to a file and restore it. Works on any type of disk....
  6. Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflex brand new user - totally confused: After having a dead computer, I'm trying to set up my new one correctly. Seems like everyone loves Macrium, so I downloaded their free version. I also watched on-line tutorials and read lots of posts about it, but I'm way past confused at this point. All I was trying to do to...
  7. Can a Macrium Reflect Image be Used to Setup a New PC

Can a Macrium Reflect Image be Used to Setup a New PC: Hi. I think I know the answer to the question I'm about to ask but here is the scenario: I have an HP 570-Pxxx series computer with Windows 10 version 1909. I keep an updated image with Macrium Reflect free version. If I were to buy a new HP computer with the same series as...
  8. brand new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    brand new pc: Hello, I would like to install Office 365 which I believe is Microsoft Office Pro onto 2 brand new pcs. Firstly, am I allowed to upload it to both pcs and secondly, how do I do this from the very beginning? ( I've only charged the pcs at this stage)...
  9. delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image

delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image: I installed Macrium Reflect free version on a USB stick last year. Now I would like to totally "empty" that stick and install the current data/info onto a "new" Macrium Reflect free version again (in the same, now emptied stick). I am aware of this: Backup and Restore with...
  10. New to Macrium: System Image

New to Macrium: System Image: My setup: 256 GB SSD holding the C drive "Local Disc C" which includes my Programs among other usual files, 190 GB free of 223 GB. I have my Personal Folders (Documents, Pictures etc., Downloads, Searches etc.) on a 2 TB internal rotational drive D. Therefore these folders on...