Windows 10: Macrium image of a brand new pc - possible without installing?

Discus and support Macrium image of a brand new pc - possible without installing? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop and i would like to use Macrium Free to make an image of the SSD before i do anything. Is it possible to download or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Damun, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Damun Win User

Macrium image of a brand new pc - possible without installing?

I just bought a new laptop and i would like to use Macrium Free to make an image of the SSD before i do anything.

Is it possible to download or create a bootable Macrium USB drive without installing Macrium first?
    Can this be done on a different pc?

:)

Damun, Sep 9, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium image of a brand new pc - possible without installing? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Phil_A1 Win User
    Loading an image (Macrium Reflect) of my C drive into a brand-new pc to retain browser settings, etc.

A few days ago I was told that to accomplish my goal I needed to use Macrium Reflect to take an image of my C drive, and then transfer the image to the new pc. I've done that, and would like to know if it's a simple matter of just transferring it from
    my Seagate external HD to the new pc, so my browser settings, etc. will be as they are now...or are there any other steps I need to take in the process?

Phil_A1, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Phil_A1 Win User

Loading an image (Macrium Reflect) of my C drive into a brand-new pc to retain browser settings, etc.

Thanks for the reply Gordon. So, connect the external HD that has the image, to the new pc, boot it up, and then run the 'restore' function of Macrium Reflect, for that particular image, is that correct?

Phil_A1, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Macrium image of a brand new pc - possible without installing? - Similar Threads - Macrium image brand

2. Brand new PC BsoD: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brand new PC BsoD: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER: Specs: Ryzen 5 3400G Vega 11 Integrated GPU 1x8 DDR4 Corsair 3200Mhz Ram Enermax 500W PSU 128 GB Kinston SSD on which Windows is installed & 1TB WD Blue HDD I bought a brand new PC yesterday and installed official Windows from Microsoft's site and started getting these...
  3. Can a Macrium Reflect Image be Used to Setup a New PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can a Macrium Reflect Image be Used to Setup a New PC: Hi. I think I know the answer to the question I'm about to ask but here is the scenario: I have an HP 570-Pxxx series computer with Windows 10 version 1909. I keep an updated image with Macrium Reflect free version. If I were to buy a new HP computer with the same series as...
  4. BSOD Brand new pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Brand new pc.: Hi everyone. So i built a new pc with the following parts: Ryzen 3 2200g Patriot Viper 4 3000mhz 8gb Gigabyte b450m s2h Corsair cx450m An i have been having problems from the very start. I had blue screen errors a lot at the begging but they suddenly stopped. Well they...
  5. Brand new PC - black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Brand new PC - black screen: Brand new PC Windows 10. (can't see my Windows Version number) I loaded Firefox, NoteTab light and Zoom. I shut the PC off and when I restarted it a few hours later, I got a black screen. The mouse works because I see the pointer moving. How do I get it to work? Thank you...
  6. Windows 10 USB Installation on brand new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 USB Installation on brand new PC: Hello, I am trying to install Windows 10 on a new PC from a USB drive, on which I created the installation media. When I go to install on my SSD I get the following error message: "Windows cannot install required files 0x8007025D. I have already clear the USB,...
  7. brand new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    brand new pc: Hello, I would like to install Office 365 which I believe is Microsoft Office Pro onto 2 brand new pcs. Firstly, am I allowed to upload it to both pcs and secondly, how do I do this from the very beginning? ( I've only charged the pcs at this stage)...
  8. macrium reflect full image restore at 5 minutes: is that possible?

macrium reflect full image restore at 5 minutes: is that possible?: I've done a restore action (copy selected parts) of a full image (the word full is indicated on the WINPE reflect screen near the image) from an external portable harddisk to an ssd on my laptop. The image is created with reflect 7.1; the restore is done with reflect 7.2 ....
  9. delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image

delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image: I installed Macrium Reflect free version on a USB stick last year. Now I would like to totally "empty" that stick and install the current data/info onto a "new" Macrium Reflect free version again (in the same, now emptied stick). I am aware of this: Backup and Restore with...
  10. New to Macrium: System Image

New to Macrium: System Image: My setup: 256 GB SSD holding the C drive "Local Disc C" which includes my Programs among other usual files, 190 GB free of 223 GB. I have my Personal Folders (Documents, Pictures etc., Downloads, Searches etc.) on a 2 TB internal rotational drive D. Therefore these folders on...