Windows 10: Macrium last incremental backup file

Discus and support Macrium last incremental backup file in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, If last Macrium incremental file is deleted, creating a new incremental on same full, will work with existing full & incrementals properly? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by HeM, Oct 2, 2018.

1. HEM
    HeM Win User

Macrium last incremental backup file

Hi,

If last Macrium incremental file is deleted, creating a new incremental on same full, will work with existing full & incrementals properly?

I just want to delete the last incremental, replacing it with a new one.

THX!

:)

2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Question on Macrium backups

Short answer:

This is not about archive bit, it's all about a backup plan; if the Sunday and Wednesday full backups belong to same backup set, a differential image when restored restores the last full backup regardless if it's your Sunday full or Wednesday full, then the last differential backup.

In other words, archive bit has nothing to do with Macrium Reflect backup.

If your Wednesday full backup files have a different backup definition (the 16 character hexadecimal part of the filename) than your Sunday full / every other day differential set, then it's exactly as it should be. The Wednesday full will not be used when the original plan's differential will be restored.

Somewhat longer answer:

Let's say that you created a full backup now on Sunday, today Tuesday a differential, tomorrow Wednesday again a full backup, on Thursday a differential and so on.

If you now restore the differential made on Tuesday, it restores itself and full from Sunday. If you restore the Thursday differential, it picks up besides itself the full from Wednesday. This is not because Wednesday full backup cleared the archive bit, it is because both Sunday and Wednesday full backups belong to the same backup plan.

A backup set is a set of full, differential and incremental backups. When you created your first backup with Macrium Reflect you were asked to name that backup set (backup plan):

Macrium last incremental backup file [​IMG]

The file names of each backup file in each backup set have the same hexadecimal string as filename, followed by digits. Below an extract from Macrium Reflect tutorial here at Ten Forums, its Part Four Step 8:

What you want to achieve is simply done by creating a new backup plan for your Wednesday full backup. This puts the Wednesday full backups to a new backup set, without any whatsoever connection to your other backup set. Macrium Reflect is an intelligent application, by default it assumes you want to create a new plan and prompts for the name:

Macrium last incremental backup file [​IMG]

If you now give a new plan name, the backup will belong to new backup set with a different filename. To include this backup to your existing backup set you would need to browse and select the name of that set.

How backup sets are created and maintained - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

I might have misunderstood the highlighted part in above quote, but just to be sure I want to add this:

You don't have to restore first the last full image and then the last differential image. Simply restore the last differential image, it will automatically restore last full it finds belonging to same set, thereafter itself.

Restoring first a full image is completely unnecessary.

Kari, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Macrium last incremental backup file

how to make incremental backup using windows 10

What are the steps and software requirements to make an incremental backup using Windows 10

Bruce

BruceKunze, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Macrium last incremental backup file

1. Macrium last incremental backup file - Similar Threads - Macrium last incremental

2. Daily Incremental Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Daily Incremental Backup: On my pc the C drive hosts windows and programs and D drive hosts my personal, non-system data. I have a few external drives for backup and general storage. I want to begin a 'manual' daily incremental backup regimen of the D drive (I will consider backing up C if your advice...
  3. Incremental Backup Procedure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incremental Backup Procedure: I have a Seagate STDR4000602 as an external drive for storing backup files but do not know how to schedule my Windows 10 to incremental backup files on a nightly basis....
  4. Zip incremental backup

Zip incremental backup: Morning all I have sync'ed files in F:\mainbackup folder I then zip this into F:\main using: for /d %%X in (*) do "%ProgramFiles%\7-Zip\7z.exe" a "F:\Main\%%X.zip" "%%X" I want to incremental zip backup up to F:\1, using F:\mainbackup and zipped folders in F:\Main as...
  5. Macrium Reflect [Incrementals Forever]

Macrium Reflect [Incrementals Forever]: Sup!!! just want some clarifications.... my backup set-up is like this... [img] my question is: If say I'm in the middle of creating a backup and Macrium is consolidating the incremental backup to form a full syntetic backup then all of a sudden a power interruption...
  6. Incremental backup programs

Incremental backup programs: Windows 10 does not do incremental backups but I want to know about them.I have a program that runs files from a folder and I keep adding files to the folder it runs from. Some of the files I add have the same file name but have changed slightly. When I do an incremental...
  7. Incremental backup programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Incremental backup programs: Windows 10 does not do incremental backups but I want to know about them.I have a program that runs files from a folder and I keep adding files to the folder it runs from. Some of the files I add have the same file name but have changed slightly. When I do an incremental...
  8. Bloated Incremental backups

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bloated Incremental backups: I have a backup scheme where I do 1 full backup after 3 daily incrementals. I do so few incrementals because they are so huge, 65-70GB when I make less than 1MB of changes. At first My backup app, Acronis True Image customer services says that it could be a hardware issue but...
  9. How does Macrium's incremental backup feature work?

How does Macrium's incremental backup feature work?: I am thinking of purchasing Macrium v6 as I understand it is the only software that has an an incremental merge feature Does it in effect end up giving you an image of your OS and Data drives that is current at all times? will merge your incremental backups into your last...
  10. Macrium Reflect Incremental/Differential Curiosity

Macrium Reflect Incremental/Differential Curiosity: Is there any way to see what changed between the most recent image and the previous image? I see the file size increase nearly daily when I have not always made any major changes to my system. I know Windows saves new logs daily, but sometimes the change is 10GB+ after...