Windows 10: Macrium problem

Discus and support Macrium problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Macrium for long time. For the first time, it started hanging while creating image. I chose to cancel it. Still imaging did not stop. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lvgandhi, Dec 18, 2020.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Macrium problem

I am using Macrium for long time.
    For the first time, it started hanging while creating image. I chose to cancel it. Still imaging did not stop. Then did end task macrium. Now C drive space reduced by 3.6 GB. Most probably macrium used storage.
    Where macrium will be storing of temp imaging?
    Why it was hanging?

:)

lvgandhi, Dec 18, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium problem [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 18, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Jerry8AB Win User

Macrium problem

Macrium Boot Question

Macrium Boot Question

I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from.

What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as being first to boot from?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Macrium problem

1. Macrium problem - Similar Threads - Macrium problem

2. macrium reflect problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    macrium reflect problem: Hi I downloaded the free version of Macrium Reflect v7.3.5925 ages ago and made a system image. Yesterday I decided to make a fresh image only to get an error message and "Failed to create system snapshot. Failed 0x8004230f". I looked on line and it was suggested that I had...
  3. Need Help with a Macrium Reflect problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need Help with a Macrium Reflect problem: This is a new one for me and I am stumped. This morning when I went to my file manager to delete the oldest backup, I noticed that all were dated yesterday and had become CBM files where normal is mrimg, Not knowing what to do I reinstalled the program and it made no...
  4. Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free: Hi Everyone! My new post today is a follow up from this thread where I had successfully cloned my Hard Disk Drive to an SSD Drive with the same capacity of 1 TB. However, this post isn't about my computer, as it's still working like a racehorse with the newly installed SSD....
  5. Restore Problem Using Macrium

Restore Problem Using Macrium: I can backup my system just fine using Macrium. However, when I try to restore it, I encounter all kinds of problems. I have attached screenshots of these issues. I honestly don't know how to fix them, and any help would be most appreciated. I am running Windows version 20H2...
  6. Macrium problem

Macrium problem: I am using Macrium for long time. For the first time, it started hanging while creating image. I chose to cancel it. Still imaging did not stop. Then did end task macrium. Now C drive space reduced by 3.6 GB. Most probably macrium used storage. Where macrium will be storing...
  7. Macrium PE Problem

Macrium PE Problem: I have Macrium Recovery on a USB drive which I've used successfully for years restoring images of Win7 and Win10. The drive itself has 2 partitions, the first one formatted as FAT32, containing the bootable Macrium PE system itself. The 2nd partition is formatted to NTFS, and...
  8. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media boot and display driver problem

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media boot and display driver problem: When I boot rescue media, windows symbol appears after a minute. Is there any way to avoid that delay in booting? When creating rescue media, it does not save my intel hd4000 driver in boot media. Previously I used to add the driver, macrium boot partition before media...
  9. Macrium Reflect Eject Drive Problem

Macrium Reflect Eject Drive Problem: I just upgraded to the latest version of Macrium Reflect Home Edition v7.3 5289. I mounted a Macrium image file on an external drive (H) to view the virtual drive in the image (I) which works fine. However on right clicking I there is no option to eject the virtual drive as...
  10. Problems booting with cloned disk created with Macrium Reflect

Problems booting with cloned disk created with Macrium Reflect: I am puzzled by this, I have been using Macrium Reflect for a decade. I have several SSDs in the machine, and I run Macrium Reflect clone this disk option. It creates a perfect image/clone. Except that the disk is not bootable. The hardware is MSI Titan GT80 SLI. When I hit...