Windows 10: Macrium Question of Newer Version

Discus and support Macrium Question of Newer Version in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am currently on v6 latest and all is good. Got to reading here and the newer v7 has been released. My question is that I read that there were several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by AirPower4ever, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Macrium Question of Newer Version

I am currently on v6 latest and all is good. Got to reading here and the newer v7 has been released. My question is that I read that there were several updates already from 7.1.2607. To update which is the way:

A - use the current 7.1.2619 because the Macrium updates are rolled up to the latest

or

B - Update to 7.1.2607 and then update to 2619 (updates may not be rolled up)

Thanks

:)

AirPower4ever, Oct 4, 2017
  2. BruceTR Win User

Correct Format for USB Stick | FAT32? | NTFS? | Some Other Format?

I'm using Macrium Reflect Free. Macrium doesn't provide support for the Free version. If they did, I'd be asking Macrium my question.

Macrium does offer a KB and a Forum. The Forum is view-only unless you own a paid version. You cannot post questions without owning a paid version.

In searching the KB and Forum, I could not find an answer to my question. Thus, I came here.

BruceTR, Oct 4, 2017
  3. SICK WINDOWS 10 PC Help me with it & now its replacement?

COOL.
    That made that Macrium boot menu option go away. I guess that must mean that the Windows PE is included In the download that installs Macrium?

In the future, where would I find out that a newer version of my Windows has been released in the future so that I can update to it by using the Media Creation Tool?

Also, can the Media Creation Tool be run even when there isn't a newer version for it to update to & maybe then it would just repair mine if I have the most current version? Will it tell me that the version
    is the latest one available if it finds that it is?

I just joined the Windows Insider program again since I'd quit a few months ago.

Jeff A. Davis, Oct 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Macrium Question of Newer Version

Hi I just went to Macrium's site, downloaded the installer and got

Macrium Question of Newer Version [​IMG]

which gave me

Macrium Question of Newer Version [​IMG]

dalchina, Oct 4, 2017
  5. fireberd Win User
    Use the version on the Macrium site, as Dalchina shows. That is what I recently did. I have a paid version 6 but was curious about Version 7 so I downloaded and installed the free V7. The V7 doesn't look any different that V6 but it is up to date and the current supported version. I've done several full disc image backups and created a Macrium Rescue disc, all without problems.

fireberd, Oct 4, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    V7 is in the face of it much the same as V6 but it has undergone under the hood changes and is definitely faster in backing up and restoring.

V7 Free is now the same as V7 Home but with some features locked out.

As far as I know, the image files are identical i.e. V7 Free will restore V7 Home created images.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Question of Newer Version

1. Macrium Question of Newer Version - Similar Threads - Macrium Question Newer

2. Macrium Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macrium Question: Macrium Question –I am trying to restore an image.I get to a screen that says: Select a disk to restore to….I then select Next and I get a screen that says: Please select a destination disk.Can you tell me how to do the two steps above?Thank you,Jerry9/18/2021...
  3. Windows version compatibility with Macrium Reflect questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows version compatibility with Macrium Reflect questions: Hello, Windows Ten forum. I am a newly registered member (10 minutes ago). I have some questions about Macrium Reflect and Windows 7/10. I have been using Reflect V5.2 for some time now for image creation of my Windows 7 laptop. I am very happy with the program. I am now...
  4. Macrium Reflect Question

Macrium Reflect Question: Hi all, I know there is plenty of support for MR on this site but I could not find the answer to this particular question. I am thinking of installing MR and I noticed in KARI's how-to article (very good) that you could install Free or Home. I will just be using it on my...
  5. Macrium question

Macrium question: A Macrium image of C: generally contains several partitions. When I make a change in (one of) the partitions (size or number) in C:, are older Macrium images still usable? 142460
  6. Macrium Reflect home version question

Macrium Reflect home version question: This might be a silly question sorry if so but, each time I save an Image backup to my second SSD do I need to create a new Rescue Disc too? or does it really matter as long as I haven't changed any hardware components if I use the same rescue disc to boot from each time?...
  7. Macrium Reflect Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect Question: I have created a Macrium Reflect USB drive. That was in 2017. How can I upgrade it? Don Cole 113764
  8. Macrium general questions

Macrium general questions: I've been using Macrium free for quite some time and in general it has worked well for me. However, I have been unable to intsall the 1803 update so I decided to make an image of my production system and restore that image to a spare SSD. The image creation was successful...
  9. Question on Macrium backups

Question on Macrium backups: Thanks for thinking about answering my question! I currently have the following backup plan for my laptop - full backup on Sunday, then Differential every other day of the week. So in the case of a failure, I just have to restore the Sunday Full and the latest Differential...
  10. Macrium Question

Macrium Question: Using Macrium, I created a Rescue Media disk and then created a System Image of my C drive and saved it on a backup HD. When the process completed, I checked Explorer to make sure that all folders and files I had selected from the partition to image, were in a Backup folder I...