Windows 10: Macrium question

Discus and support Macrium question in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; A Macrium image of C: generally contains several partitions. When I make a change in (one of) the partitions (size or number) in C:, are older Macrium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by PiKo, Oct 13, 2019.

1. PiKo Win User

Macrium question

A Macrium image of C: generally contains several partitions. When I make a change in (one of) the partitions (size or number) in C:, are older Macrium images still usable?

:)

2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium question [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 13, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial.

Strongly suggest you watch some youtube videos on Macrium and follow them step by step, making sure they are current.

Also make sure you have the manual to hand, and use the extensive help provided with the product.

dalchina, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Macrium question

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Macrium question

1. Macrium question - Similar Threads - Macrium question

2. Question about macrium's retention policy, im a bit shakey

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about macrium's retention policy, im a bit shakey: Incredible how hard it is to find solid recommendations revolving around certain criteria online for macrium lol. Anyhow, here is what i have, and what im going for. I want grandfather-father-son and I want 3 months worth of full backups. 1 month worth of differential. 2...
  3. Question about macrium's retention policy, im a bit shakey

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about macrium's retention policy, im a bit shakey: Incredible how hard it is to find solid recommendations revolving around certain criteria online for macrium lol. Anyhow, here is what i have, and what im going for. I want grandfather-father-son and I want 3 months worth of full backups. 1 month worth of differential. 2...
  4. Question re: Recovery partitions, Macrium

Question re: Recovery partitions, Macrium: My project is to clone my HDD C: to a new, larger SSD. I think I have things pretty well figured out, but I am not comfortable with the situation in my current Recovery Partition. Below is a pic of my current partitioning scheme. [img] As far as I can figure out, the...
  5. New to Macrium - several how to questions

New to Macrium - several how to questions: I have Macrium v v7.2.4744 installed and made one full system backup. It verified ok. Now there is a new build out to fix possible corruption. So i need to install the new build and update rescue media? If the image I already made still verifies, is it usable? I do full...
  6. First time I need to use Macrium restore image questions.

First time I need to use Macrium restore image questions.: Hello, so I need to restore an image since I try to update from 1809 to 1909 and it failed twice for me. Now while my system isn't unstable there are some Oddities and just figure it's probably best to restore to a previous image that I did yesterday before attempting to...
  7. Question re Macrium application - latest build.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question re Macrium application - latest build.: For several years I have successfully used macrium (which had got me out of many self inflicted errors). With all the recent updates, I decided to burn new rescue disks. In the past I just inserted my previous disks and, via the bios, booted into the rescue disk. I have just...
  8. Question on WIN 10 Recovery Drive vs Macrium Recovery/boot/image

Question on WIN 10 Recovery Drive vs Macrium Recovery/boot/image: Tried creating a Windows 10 Recovery USB but two attempts failed for some unknown reason - both popped up a window stating that Recovery Drive was not Created (although it contained numerous files). I used the common method to create the Recovery using a 16 GB USB which was...
  9. Question on Using Macrium Reflect 7 with two drives

Question on Using Macrium Reflect 7 with two drives: I have a new Win 10 Dell desktop with two internal drives a 128 GB C drive with the Windows OS and files,and folders, programs and apps and a 1TB data D drive with photos, documents, videos and music, etc and after finally getting it to do what I want, I am ready to create an...
  10. Question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup

Question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup: Hi. Macrium Reflect free allows 4 differential backups per full backup. If I have a full backup and 1 differential backup and I want to make a second differential backup, does it matter if I make it from the 1st differential backup or from the full backup? Thanks in advance...