Windows 10: Macrium question

Discus and support Macrium question in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; A Macrium image of C: generally contains several partitions. When I make a change in (one of) the partitions (size or number) in C:, are older Macrium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by PiKo, Oct 13, 2019.

1. PiKo Win User

Macrium question

A Macrium image of C: generally contains several partitions. When I make a change in (one of) the partitions (size or number) in C:, are older Macrium images still usable?

:)

2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium question [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 13, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial.

Strongly suggest you watch some youtube videos on Macrium and follow them step by step, making sure they are current.

Also make sure you have the manual to hand, and use the extensive help provided with the product.

dalchina, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Macrium question

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Macrium question

1. Macrium question - Similar Threads - Macrium question

2. Macrium Reflect Image Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium Reflect Image Question: I had a snapshot of my image saved in a external drive when I booted up my laptop for the first time. I recently did a restore due to some problems on my laptop using the image, but I accidentally deleted the image right after I restored my laptop. Seeing what I did, I...
  3. Macrium Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macrium Question: Macrium Question –I am trying to restore an image.I get to a screen that says: Select a disk to restore to….I then select Next and I get a screen that says: Please select a destination disk.Can you tell me how to do the two steps above?Thank you,Jerry9/18/2021...
  4. Windows version compatibility with Macrium Reflect questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows version compatibility with Macrium Reflect questions: Hello, Windows Ten forum. I am a newly registered member (10 minutes ago). I have some questions about Macrium Reflect and Windows 7/10. I have been using Reflect V5.2 for some time now for image creation of my Windows 7 laptop. I am very happy with the program. I am now...
  5. Macrium Reflect question

Macrium Reflect question: I've been told I should be doing backups more often. My last one was 1.5 years ago and was a full disk image backup. I heard that a differential backup could be done that would simply update my original backup. So now I did that after looking up directions on how to do it and...
  6. Macrium Reflect Backup Def File question

Macrium Reflect Backup Def File question: I have 2 .xml definiton files made to backup both my SSD (OS) and my HDD (Storage, desktop, documents, etc...) onto the 2 HDD's I use for this purpose is there a way I can combine them into either one definition file, or make a VBScript/Powershell/batch file that runs both...
  7. Macrium Reflect Backup Def File question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Backup Def File question: I have 2 .xml definiton files made to backup both my SSD (OS) and my HDD (Storage, desktop, documents, etc...) onto the 2 HDD's I use for this purpose is there a way I can combine them into either one definition file, or make a VBScript/Powershell/batch file that runs both...
  8. Question about Backups (Specifically Macrium)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Backups (Specifically Macrium): So I just started using macrium and I’m curious about something I installed it on my windows disk and backed up that entire disk onto an external hard drive and have created a usb rescue for it but I’m not sure about something... I know you can restore it through the usb or...
  9. Macrium Reflect Backkup question about checked boxes

Macrium Reflect Backkup question about checked boxes: When I select "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows", I notice that all partitions are not automatically checked? Or does the main check mark, on the far left, over ride individual check marks? See example. 163371
  10. Macrium Reflect home ver. 7 Question

Macrium Reflect home ver. 7 Question: I wound up with corrupted files some how and sfc scan or Dism command wouldn't repair them. I then went to restore with one of my backup images and the backup said it was corrupted the first time I tried to confirm it but then the second time I tried to confirm it it said it...