Windows 10: Macrium Recovery Media- Which PI version to use.

Discus and support Macrium Recovery Media- Which PI version to use. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have installed Macrium and am about to make the rescue media. Which PE version should I use? Am running Win 10. Thank you. 21668 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by JJG10, Sep 7, 2015.

1. JJG10 Win User

Macrium Recovery Media- Which PI version to use.

I have installed Macrium and am about to make the rescue media. Which PE version should I use? Am running Win 10.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Sep 7, 2015
  2. BruceTR Win User

Correct Format for USB Stick | FAT32? | NTFS? | Some Other Format?

You're talking about something different. You're talking about a Recovery Media. That's not what I asked about.

I asked about a 74 GB System Image (not Recovery Media) created on a
    non-bootable USB stick as a .MRIMG file.

If the System Image is created by Macrium, and Macrium will be used to perform the restore (not a Recovery), what format does the USB stick need to be in... FAT32 or NTFS?

BruceTR, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade and WinBook TW100 Windows 8.1 tablet... three things to watch out for...

OK... glad you found the way into the UEFI ("BIOS") setup in the

firmware.

I used a 1 TB USB hard drive to do my system backup, then burned the Macrium backup archive onto a DVD for safe storage in my closet.

You should be able to make a donor image from your new

Winbook using Macrium, make a boot/recovery DVD in Macrium,

plug in a USB DVD drive, boot to it from the UEFI and then use the

donor image to un-brick the "unfortunate victim" (LOL) of the

Windows 10 upgrade.

Macrium is nice in that it gives you a couple choices for your

bootable recovery media - if I recall correctly, one of the options

is for a bootable Linux DVD that can restore from Macrium image

files.

Macrium Recovery Media- Which PI version to use. :)

AllanY2525, Sep 7, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

It should download and use appropriate one all by itself during that making of recover disk/USB, I did it just yesterday because recovery media from newest edition of Reflect wouldn't work with older media.

CountMike, Sep 8, 2015
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    You're correct, Mike.... just a little pic to show where that is.....
    Macrium Recovery Media- Which PI version to use. [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Sep 8, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    I'm always right...... when I'm not wrong !!!

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Macrium Recovery Media- Which PI version to use. - Similar Threads - Macrium Recovery Media

2. Cannot build Macrium stand alone recovery media (V7)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot build Macrium stand alone recovery media (V7): Hi there Never had this problem before with Macrium V7 trying to create stand alone recovery media (It's always on AMD computers - never INTEL that I seem to get Windows problems !!!!!) Cheers jimbo 180187
  3. Macrium rescue media

Macrium rescue media: Hows everybody? I solved this in the past and cant recall exactly how I did it. The macrium rescue media tool cant detect the correct drivers for a usb 3.0 device. And this is win 7 era hardware. It says that winRE has built in support. Not. I had to install the drivers for...
  4. Macrium Clone Disks not available on recovery media

Macrium Clone Disks not available on recovery media: Hi there seems to be a genuine needed feature that's missing in Macrium Free== You can only clone disks if running from within Windows -- the clone disk option isn't available in the bootable recovery media. (Or if it is I've missed it). Apart from the "Not in Best...
  5. Speed of Macrium backup using rescue media vs Macrium in win 10?

Speed of Macrium backup using rescue media vs Macrium in win 10?: I have done macrium reflect full backup in my windows 10 and it requires many hours to complete. Has anyone done a comparision of how much faster would it be if you do a macrium reflect full backup (whole windows 10 system and data) by using a rescue media vs doing a macrium...
  6. Which To Use? Custom Recovery Partition or Macrium Reflect?

Which To Use? Custom Recovery Partition or Macrium Reflect?: Someone tell me which one I should use and why? Advantages & Disadvantages of both 146682
  7. macrium rescue media

macrium rescue media: hi, I have installed a new external HDD for my backup image. Do I have to create a new rescue media? 113539
  8. Macrium: Rescue Media

Macrium: Rescue Media: Having turned to Macrium for daily backups, I have created a Rescue Media DVD. When testing to see if it would boot (as Macrium advise). I was unable to choose which of the options offered was correct. Attached is a clip of my boot menu with the DVD in its tray. Oddly, the...
  9. Is this normal behavior using the Macrium Reflect free boot media?

Is this normal behavior using the Macrium Reflect free boot media?: I am running Windows 10 home. Recently installed macrium free latest V6 version. Previously used Acronis. I created the rescue media on cd. Booting from a cold boot with the cd, I can see the read/write light on the cd and hard drive activity on my tower, but all i am...
  10. Macrium Rescue Media or Windows Recovery Drive? Which one is better?

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Rescue Media or Windows Recovery Drive? Which one is better?: I'm asking since I have 4 USB drives 2 for recovery drive and 2 for rescue media, but does Marcium Reflect Rescue media make recovery drive obsolete or should I still do recovery drive? Or is back up image/ windows image better? 84800