Windows 10: Macrium Redeployment not able to boot windows on different hardware

Discus and support Macrium Redeployment not able to boot windows on different hardware in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have Win 7 64 bit on 8 years old AMD. I am redeploying it on i3 4 th gen Asus Motherboard H81 . Everything goes smooth. Redeployment says that it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sam9, Oct 14, 2020.

1. sam9 Win User

Macrium Redeployment not able to boot windows on different hardware

I have Win 7 64 bit on 8 years old AMD. I am redeploying it on i3 4 th gen Asus Motherboard H81 . Everything goes smooth. Redeployment says that it has found driver for SATA AHCI and it will load when Window will boot.
    But Windows not booting on i3. The Black Screen comes where at the bottom message comes, something like press DeL or F2 then it goes and comes again and again.
    I can try to reinstall afresh also but I want to know why it is happenning and can anything be done. OR it will not be successful because there is too much difference in Motherboard.

:)

2. Jerry8AB Win User

Macrium Boot Question

Macrium Boot Question

I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from.

What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as being first to boot from?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Oct 14, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Redeployment not able to boot windows on different hardware [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 14, 2020
  4. sam9 Win User

How to boot windows if motherboard is changed

Tried PS2 and it worked. I think, USB K/M may also have worked if I connect them to USB 2.0 port. Now only one thing have left i.e old hard disk to new motherboard with Macrium Redeployment. Presently not able to boot Macrium USB to new motherboard.

Thema:

1. Macrium Redeployment not able to boot windows on different hardware - Similar Threads - Macrium Redeployment able

2. Macrium Free --Restore to totally different hardware --Working !!!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Free --Restore to totally different hardware --Working !!!: Hi there Macrium Free version is also brilliant at restoring to totally different hardware. This method can be used pretty well where there's different hardware involved or creating V2P (a Virtual to Physical conversion) whatever VM system you are running. You can't get much...
  3. Want to create Macrium Reflect rescue USB with Redeploy option

Want to create Macrium Reflect rescue USB with Redeploy option: Hi This must be so obvious, but its eluded me and my internet searches for several days now. Want to creat a rescue USB with the Redeploy option available, cant see a specific option during rescue disk creation to give this.....what am I missing, even the MR knowledgebase...
  4. Macrium Boot Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Macrium Boot Question: Macrium Boot Question I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from. What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as...
  5. Make new SSD Win 10 boot-able from Macrium image?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make new SSD Win 10 boot-able from Macrium image?: Have a notebook with a Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade on it but still on a mechanical HDD. Instead of clean installing Win 10 onto the new SSD I thought to save on hours of setup I could image the drive with Macrium and transfer everything including the OS to the SSD with the...
  6. Macrium: deploy to different hardware

Macrium: deploy to different hardware: Has anyone here used this function? Say from AMD to INTEL hardware and graphics? Any problems? Windows 10 activation: did it activate without help or was ShowKey Plus needed to input the old key into the new system? Just curious....*Smile / 133737
  7. Macrium Free - total Winner - recovered PC from different Hardware

Macrium Free - total Winner - recovered PC from different Hardware: Hi folks Somehow I corrupted a recent backup on an intel laptop so on restore it failed with Backup file is corrupted Anyway I restored from a backup taken on an AMD server (AMD processor with Nvidia Mobo) to HP Intel laptop with Intel graphics etc. Free version just did the...
  8. Boot into Macrium?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot into Macrium?: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I can have complete backup images of my new desktop. I noticed that upon reboot I'm offered a dual-boot: Windows, as expected. And Macrium as an alternate. So what happens if I choose Macrium? 89137
  9. Redeploy Image File macrium

Redeploy Image File macrium: I bought a new laptop. wanted to move the image from old to it . size of the image is 258gig. Did the restore fine. Ran Redeploy fine. When running Fix Windows Boot Problems the screen that shows Boot Code Options has four choices. Three are grayed out and you cannot...
  10. macrium reflect -- install different trial version?

macrium reflect -- install different trial version?: I installed macrium reflect home, trial edition. when the trial runs out, can I install workstation trial? EDIT: I am asking here, rather than on the official macrium forum, because a trial license does not entitle you to join the forum. over there, you have to pay in...