Windows 10: Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD compatiblity with Windows 10

Discus and support Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD compatiblity with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm getting a new laptop (Win 10) in a few days and I want to make a Macrium Reflect Image of its system before I install ANY software. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TobyMeister, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD compatiblity with Windows 10

Hi all,
    I'm getting a new laptop (Win 10) in a few days and I want to make a Macrium Reflect Image of its system before I install ANY software.

I have an old Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD that was made on a Windows Vista PC.

Does anyone know if I could use my old MR Rescue CD to image a Windows 10 PC?laptop? Or, does Macrium Reflect have to be installed before a MR image can be made?

Thanks.

:)

TobyMeister, Dec 14, 2017

2. Windows 10 creator update not working

Hi Greg! Glad to see someone here recommending Macrium Reflect. Here's a fairly new feature that has been added toMacrium. I love this feature. I don't have to find my Macrium rescue CD! Let me know what you think friend!

Adding a boot menu option for system Image recovery - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

PS I love my Macrium Reflect! I've been a Macrium user for several years!

Gary!

garybear89, Dec 14, 2017
  3. Recovery to windows 10 from windows 8.1

That is the main problems with using windows for back up and or system image recovery = it does not work usually when you really need it too any one of the 6 cd's could be corrupt Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD compatiblity with Windows 10 :(

Hard lesson to learn

Macrium reflect free all you need is a single cd and or flash drive for the WinPE recovery media to boot to and restore a system image on another drive.

Do the basics with a reliable free system image utility to a totally separate hard drive,

Macrium Reflect by Britec

ThrashZone, Dec 14, 2017
  4. Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD compatiblity with Windows 10

Your Macrium Reflect Program is way out of date. The new Free v 7.1.2768 is now out. If your CD was made on a Vista PC then it can only restore Vista and since Vista is no longer supported it may not even work. I would believe that MR would have to be installed. If your intent is to image Vista to a external Hard drive then that would work but restoring it may be problematic. But to image Windows 10 I would say no.
    The Rescues CD is only used to restore and NOT image a system.

The new MR can be found Below:

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

Josey Wales, Dec 14, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    Sure you can backup with a Rescue CD as well.

cereberus, Dec 14, 2017
  6. RolandJS Win User
    +1 cereberus -- the MR rescue DVD or USB also contains the function of making full images as well. You have to "hunt" for the appropriate key strokes.

RolandJS, Dec 14, 2017
  7. I did not know that as I did not see a need to do it since I have the Home Version installed. Thanks

Josey Wales, Dec 14, 2017
  8. SIW2 Win User

Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD compatiblity with Windows 10

You would need to turn of secure boot ( if enabled in bios ) and your new machine would need to support csm to boot 3.1 pe.

9. cereberus Win User
    It would probably not reliably backup a UEFI system anyway. Anyway OP just needs to create a new one.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD compatiblity with Windows 10

1. Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD compatiblity with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect WinPE

2. Macrium Reflect /rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect /rescue media: Hi, Do I have to create a new rescue media (USB) for every Windows 10 machines I have, or is the first I created valid for all the others? 112784
  3. Macrium Reflect WinPE 5 for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect WinPE 5 for Windows 10: So my friend has Macrium Reflect Free installed on his WIndows 8 Home 64-bit and he is planning to upgrade to Windows 10. Will he be able to still use the MR boot menu even though it was built using WinPE 5 components? Or is it actually crucial (by crucial we mean really...
  4. Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

Macrium reflect rescue usb problem: Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device is my pen drive. 28084
  5. Macrium Reflect Home WinPE WADK problem

Macrium Reflect Home WinPE WADK problem: Hello, I have MR Home Edition ver 7.0.2 x64 with me in a Win 10 Pro ver1703 RS2 partition. Due to poor internet connection I cannot download the PE 5 (WADK) --for Win 8.1 and PE 10 (WADK) for Win10 component to make the appropriate WinPE for x64 Win10 (and Win 8.1). I also...
  6. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi, I recently created a rescue media as I wanted to backup Windows 10 Fall creators update. After creating the rescue media to pen drive i backed up the partion of windows drive. What I noticed later that all my internal drives are now are removable or ejectable....
  7. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi i have a desktop PC with Windows 10 home. i have created the Macrium Reflect rescue media on USB. ( I have used it to restore images and works fine ). i have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 Pro, i have created an image of the disc using Macrium Reflect and saved it...
  8. Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure

Macrium Reflect rescue USB drive failure: Macrium rescue USB stick doesn't find the Precision Touchpad, rescue media loads without the cursor, I can not use the CD as my laptop doesn't have the DVD drive, any help is much appreciated. 68296
  9. Macrium Reflect Winpe components

Macrium Reflect Winpe components: Just noticed the latest version require a download of over 800 MB to download win pe components where it was only approx 500 MB before. 73015
  10. Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I could create rescue media and disk images. My computer will not boot from the rescue media that I created. The creation seemed to go fine, all the appropriate files seem to be there. The rescue USB shows up in my bios boot list third...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium 5.3 boot disc

2. macrium pe 3.1 download