Windows 10: Macrium Reflect 6.3 1665 - ERROR 1000

Discus and support Macrium Reflect 6.3 1665 - ERROR 1000 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I just purchased a brand new Samsung 512GB 850 PRO Series SATA III 2.5" SSD as my "main drive" I also purchased a brand new Western Digital 1 TB Black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by wen, Feb 3, 2017.

1. WEN
    wen Win User

Macrium Reflect 6.3 1665 - ERROR 1000

I just purchased a brand new Samsung 512GB 850 PRO Series SATA III 2.5" SSD as my "main drive"
    I also purchased a brand new Western Digital 1 TB Black 3.5" both for my Dell XPS-8700
    I am running the newest Macrium Reflect Pro and I backup up my SSD on to the 1 TB HDD.
    BOTH Drives are "clean". Yet EVERY time I successfully finish Back-up (with Verify) it finishes OK,
    except I always get ERROR 1000. I've tried SFC, and dozens of other MS Programs, but always get same ERROR ????
    I very seldom, if any, got ANY errors when I backed-up my SSD to my external Seagate USB 3.0, except it took three times as long !! PLEASE HELP ME !!

Macrium Reflect 6.3 1665 - ERROR 1000 [​IMG]

:)

2. Can I create a recovery partition for Windows 10 after I upgraded from Win 8.1?

TY for the suggestion.

I tried Macrium Reflect free edition version 6.3 today after using the backup tool in the Windows 10 Control Panel for a year - but never testing a restore until this week..

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

It seems to build a larger image file before initiating the backup than Windows 10 (version 1703 Creators Update) image creation tool in the Control Panel named "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)."

(However, once the backup is complete it appears the image was compressed resulting in a smaller footprint on my Western Digital 1T portable drive.)

It also seems to take about twice as long to complete the backup.

But since I got an error message at the end of an attempt to use "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" to test a restore on a Dell desktop -- an error I learned I could ignore -- perhaps I will take a closer look at Macrium Reflect.

sdmike1974, Feb 3, 2017
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Feb 3, 2017
  4. Macrium Reflect 6.3 1665 - ERROR 1000

I don't have an answer to your problem. My configuration is almost identical to yours, but I've never seen that error. Are you still on the Insider Preview, if so maybe that is the problem, since I've been using the current released version of W10 ( Ver 1607 Build 14393.693).

storageman, Feb 4, 2017
Thema:

Macrium Reflect 6.3 1665 - ERROR 1000

1. Macrium Reflect 6.3 1665 - ERROR 1000 - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect 1665

2. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  3. Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question

Macrium Reflect 6 free edition question: In Norton Ghost 14, while making backup for my XP, I have to separately backup My Documents Folder and My Picture Folder because it was said that these folders are not included when back up System Drive. Do Macrium also does the same and do not include these folders. I have...
  4. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  5. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  6. Macrium Reflect error help?

Macrium Reflect error help?: Hi All, I have the latest free version of Macrium Reflect. I think that I can only get support from the Macrium site with the full paid version. Since the big Windows 10 update last week, I seem to be getting errors in the backup logs. I have checked the Macruim backup...
  7. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  8. Macrium Reflect 6 free USB boot question

Macrium Reflect 6 free USB boot question: Hi All, I made a Macrium Reflect 6 free version boot USB drive and thought I would put it in to make sure it worked. I get two Kinston USB drive boot options, which one should I use to boot up with? Thanks [img] 26068
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Macrium Reflect errors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect errors.: Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely...