Windows 10: MACRIUM REFLECT 7.0 - February 26

Discus and support MACRIUM REFLECT 7.0 - February 26 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Macrium Software 76690 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by wen, Feb 5, 2017.

1. WEN
    wen Win User

MACRIUM REFLECT 7.0 - February 26

2. SpiritX MS MVP, Feb 5, 2017
  3. garybear89, Feb 5, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

Will there be a free version?

Steve C, Feb 5, 2017
  5. Kari Win User
    Of course. Macrium Reflect Free will also be upgraded.

Kari, Feb 5, 2017
  6. So is there any upgrade path for current V6 owners (excluding purchases after Nov 26, 2016) ?

storageman, Feb 5, 2017
  7. WEN
    wen Win User
    Upgrades

v6 Home Customers

All Macrium Reflect v6 Home Edition licenses purchased between 26th November 2016 and the release of v7 will be eligible for a free upgrade to v7. All v6 Home Edition licenses purchased prior to this date will be eligible to a 50% upgrade discount.

8. MACRIUM REFLECT 7.0 - February 26

Do you have a link where that is stated ?

storageman, Feb 6, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Bree, Feb 6, 2017
  10. pparks1 Win User
    I had been an Acronis user, but I had some problems with Acronis when Windows 8 came out and UEFI. I switched at that point to Paragon Backup and Recovery. I'm still on version 14, and it's worked fine thus far with Windows 10.

I've thought about purchasing a Macrium license, but I get a 30% discount on Paragon since I am a previous user. So, that makes my license only $27. But if I didn't already have this relationship, I would certainly look closely at Macrium.

pparks1, Feb 6, 2017
  11. Steve C Win User
    Try Macrium Reflect Free. I just use that for scheduled full & differential backups.

Steve C, Feb 6, 2017
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

My problem with some of these "newer" versions is that will they still be able to restore old (and I mean quite old) backups / archives.

I have some "archived" files - note archive is different from daily backup since you save it and generally don't need it again until possibly YEARS later !!.

To get round a possible problem I've also saved a copy of the OS that I ran the archive on - so in the worst case I can restore the old OS and then restore the archive.

I have heard of some versions of these backup programs failing to recover old backups so when upgrading TAKE NOTE.

While I think Macrium Free is a great product and have used it a lot I'm coming more and more round to just running something like Rsync in Linux which once you get to know it is a great tool, won't go out of date, can run scheduled easily (crontab) and even has a GUI (Grsync) so a bootable live Linux distro can restore data for you even on a "Bare metal recovery".

Don't get me wrong - ANY tool that makes taking backups easier should be applauded -- I sometimes think though software developers often go a bit "feature-itus" or "bloatware crazy" - and all the extra stuff isn't useful to most people and really often isn't worth the extra payment.

Just look at adobe reader or Nero as prime examples for "Bloatware Kings" -- who bothers with adobe reader these days - edge will handle PDF's and if you do download adobe reader it will try and install toolbar and chrome and rabbit on about cloud stuff etc --avoid !!!!.

I'm dreading the day when Macrium or others will add some type of cruddy A/V software into their program to check backups for viruses etc on backup -- apart from the possibilities of introducing errors this type of stuff would be horrendous -- might intuitively seem a good idea but since none of this stuff is ever 100% effective and a load show "False positives" it would be more trouble than its worth !!!.

Anyway apart from the one use where I take a system image with Macrium I do all my DATA backups with Rsync or Grsync these days and won't have the issue any more of "version out of date" or "backup can't be recovered".

Grsync has a slew of decent options for data backup including compression, don't copy if newer version on target (optional) etc etc.

Just takes a bit of learning but it's brilliant. Try on a Linux VM for practice.

MACRIUM REFLECT 7.0 - February 26 [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 6, 2017
  13. WEN
    wen Win User

14. f14tomcat Win User
    Can anyone explain this a bit further?

This form is intended for users who have support subscriptions that are due to expire, or have expired within the last 90 days.

On this link..... which a link from the one above.... I need coffee..........

Renewals - Macrium Reflect

f14tomcat, Feb 6, 2017
  15. WEN

Thanks - 50% is better than 100%

storageman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MACRIUM REFLECT 7.0 - February 26 - Similar Threads - MACRIUM REFLECT February

2. Mechanics of Macrium Reflect 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mechanics of Macrium Reflect 7: Hi guys, i would like to know if it is possible to image my entire laptop after first bootup without first installing reflect on the laptop itself. My intention is basically create a macrium rescue media on a different win10 laptop, boot up my brand spanking new laptop for...
  3. Macrium reflect 7

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect 7: So i have recently started to use the free version of Macrium Reflect 7 i have saved an image on a pendrive which i will update weekly, so what do i need to do to achieve this please? 158605
  4. Macrium Reflect Clone Error 0

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium Reflect Clone Error 0: Trying to clone a Win 10 boot drive - 250GB SSD to a new 500GB SSD and it keeps failing at or near the end of the clone. I did a check disk on both drives. Not sure what else to do. Would a paid package be worth a try? EaseUs is $20 which would be worth it if it works....
  5. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  6. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  7. Macrium Reflect 7 discount

Macrium Reflect 7 discount: Hey guys I just finished talking with the good folks at Macrium and they gave me the OK to post a discount code for our members to use.......not a great deal but it is for 10% off purchases for the next 7 days...... Just click on the "buy now" button and check the...
  8. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  9. Macrium Reflect Home 7 - GERMANY

Macrium Reflect Home 7 - GERMANY: [img] 78080
  10. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........