Windows 10: Macrium reflect 7.1.3317 restore stuck

Discus and support Macrium reflect 7.1.3317 restore stuck in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello everybody. I really need your help. I have an Acer laptop running Windows 10 with 4 partitions on the main SSD HD.3 partition are "service"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by metalredstrar, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Macrium reflect 7.1.3317 restore stuck

Hello everybody. I really need your help.

I have an Acer laptop running Windows 10 with 4 partitions on the main SSD HD.3 partition are "service" (recovery and such) the other is the "real one" (C:/)

On september 20th, having to mess up with my system, I create an image of the partitions needed to backup and restore Windows using the Macrium functionality.

Backup went out fine.

Later I actually messed up my system so I needed to recover the backup image.

I put the Macrium recovery usb, boot up WinPE.
    Macrium told me he could "see" all of the 4 partitions on my SSD. So I started the recovery.

On the first attempt the 3 service partions recovered but on the 4th step when recovering main partion recovery process got stuck at "Processing : XXXXXXXX.mrimg"
    It got stuck at 6% an stayed a couple of hours.
    I tried to cancel the process but I couldn't so I had no other chance than power off , reboot, and try again

This time Macrium told me he could see only 3 out of 4 partions. The space of the main partition was "grayd" (I think it means "unallocated" or "unpartitioned").

I started recovery once again but this time it got stuck on the 1st step, attempting to recover service partion 1 and processo blocked at 32% at "Processing : XXXXXXXX.mrimg".

Once again I powerd off, reboot WinPE and try again to recover.
    This time Macrium told me ALL my SDD is gray.

I started again recovery and now it is stuck on step 1 attempting recover service partition nr.1 at 19% "Processing : XXXXXXXX.mrimg".

What's happening? It's the first time I attempt a recovery with Macrium 7 and windows 10 but I never had this kind of problems in the past with many recoveries I did.

There is something I could do or there is no other chance for me but to format and install W10 from scratch?

Thank you in advance for your help

:)

metalredstrar, Oct 14, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium reflect 7.1.3317 restore stuck [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Cliff S Win User
    New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, Oct 14, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Macrium reflect 7.1.3317 restore stuck

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Here's an easy way to do it, With your SSD connected.

1. If not already done. Create a backup image of your current Windows HD. From Macrium, click on "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows"
      NOTE: you could actually clone the disk, but create a backup then restore will allow Macrium to correctly align the cluster size and perform trimming on the new SSD.
    2. After step 1 is done, click on Restore tab, select the image from step 1 then click on Select different target disk, select the SSD as destination disk then click on Next->Finish. No need to use/boot from Rescue disk. It will be faster and Macrium will also perform trimming on the new SSD.
    3. Disconnect the HD and reboot. Windows should boot up with the new SSD.

topgundcp, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Macrium reflect 7.1.3317 restore stuck

1. Macrium reflect 7.1.3317 restore stuck - Similar Threads - Macrium reflect 3317

2. Macrium reflect 7

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect 7: So i have recently started to use the free version of Macrium Reflect 7 i have saved an image on a pendrive which i will update weekly, so what do i need to do to achieve this please? 158605
  3. Macrium Reflect 7 restore issue

Macrium Reflect 7 restore issue: I've got a major problem with a restore of an image I created in Macrium Reflect 7. I have restored images from Macrium often on my Windows 10 installation Bootcamped on an iMac24 from 2008. After the restore finishes with no errors, the machine restarts but hits an...
  4. Macrium Reflect (stuck and confused)

Macrium Reflect (stuck and confused): I have been away from computers for some time and i thought i had worked out creating an image ready to restore if needed. When creating an image i was selecting 'C' and the hidden small boot partition for the one image assuming this was what i needed if i had to restore the...
  5. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  6. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  7. Macrium Reflect 7 discount

Macrium Reflect 7 discount: Hey guys I just finished talking with the good folks at Macrium and they gave me the OK to post a discount code for our members to use.......not a great deal but it is for 10% off purchases for the next 7 days...... Just click on the "buy now" button and check the...
  8. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  9. Macrium Reflect Home 7 - GERMANY

Macrium Reflect Home 7 - GERMANY: [img] 78080
  10. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium reflect stuck processing