Windows 10: Macrium Reflect 7.2, Build 4228 Fails After Win 10 Update Today.

Discus and support Macrium Reflect 7.2, Build 4228 Fails After Win 10 Update Today. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; First sign of trouble is my Reflect fails making the daily differential. And I see my Intel 82579 NIC is not showing and will not return, scanning for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by gapi, May 17, 2019.

1. gapi Win User

Macrium Reflect 7.2, Build 4228 Fails After Win 10 Update Today.

First sign of trouble is my Reflect fails making the daily differential.
    And I see my Intel 82579 NIC is not showing and will not return, scanning for new hardware hangs device manager.

I swap to my on board NIC OK.
    My differential error BU error = Backup aborted! - Unable to read from disk - Error Code 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.

I had to restore the previous day differential. It was a a pain. I had to boot up to it and it took a loooog time.

Whats up with this update?

:)

2. GlenBodie Win User

Win 10 upgrade help: "macrium reflect" "uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10"

Installing a Win 10 update. Currently at 1511 build 10586.1176.

Download and install goes smoothly until it trips over an app called Macrium Reflect and it wants me to uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10.

That's well and good and makes sense BUT

I don't have that app installed, in fact I never heard of it before now.

All the PC Settings and Control Panel lists of apps don't show it and a scan of the hard drive has no hits for Macrium and only obvious other things for Reflect. I'd run an uninstall if I could find one!

I rebooted and retried but same error.

I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter and it fixed a few things but same error.

I have scanned the Help community and don't see anything about others running into this.

I have scanned the Macrium site and all it wants to do is sell me a Windows 10 version.

Help!

GlenBodie, May 17, 2019
  3. aswiseman Win User
    BSOD on Windows 7 Pro - pssnap.sys - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Macrium Reflect

I recently ran Windows Update on Windows 7 Professional, as I do every few weeks. Everything seemed to go OK, until I restarted and after the animated flag logo formed up, I got a flash of a blue screen and
    an immediate restart.

Using F8 to prevent restarts, I was able to read the screen...

A quick Google shows this is caused by the interaction of Macrium Reflect (back-up software) and a Windows fix for SPECTRE.

I didn't think I still had Macrium installed, so it appears to have left behind the pssnap.sys, which is used at start-up time. Macrium have issued a fix which removes this file from start-up and new versions
    of the software no longer install it as a start up service...

Windows 7 32 bit - pagefault_in_non-paged_area pssnap.sys - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

All well and good, but the fix doesn't work for me :-(

The fix involves booting from a Macrium-customised Windows PE and then running their removesnap.exe (downloaded onto a USB stick) which I think alters the registry to prevent the c:\windows\system32\drivers\pssnap.sys
    from running.

It tells me it has run successfully, shows the path of the registry entry and eveything. But when I reboot, the BSOD is still there.

I have tried renaming pssnap.sys to pssnap.old. But when I reboot I still get the BSOD (but without the reference to pssnap.sys and the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA).

I have also tried installing a later version of pssnap.sys (by getting a newer version of Reflect and putting it on another boot partition and copying this newer pssnap.sys over the older one.) I still get
    the error.

So I was wondering whether it's not working for me because I have a dual-boot (well multi-boot machine)? I have an SSD with Win 7 and Win 10 plus a HDD with the old versions of Win 7 and Win 10 which were
    copied to the SSD.

Is it possible that the removesnap.exe doesn't know which installation to work on?

Do I need to change the broken Windows 7 to be the default boot partition first and then run all of this?

Any/all ideas gratefully received!

aswiseman, May 17, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium Reflect 7.2,  Build 4228 Fails After Win 10 Update Today. [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Macrium Reflect 7.2, Build 4228 Fails After Win 10 Update Today. - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect Build

2. Macrium Reflect in Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium Reflect in Win 10: Can Macrium Reflect in Win 10 image a XP drive to another and the new drive will still boot? Or because its a bit copy it doesn't matter? Long story, My Mom is used to XP and is NOT online. She does 2 things on her computer so what she has is fine. I want to give her a newer...
  3. Macrium reflect 7

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect 7: So i have recently started to use the free version of Macrium Reflect 7 i have saved an image on a pendrive which i will update weekly, so what do i need to do to achieve this please? 158605
  4. Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macrium Reflect and 1803 update...: On my system, the Reflect's "Recovery Boot Menu Option" is enabled, via "Windows PE 10.0 menu (64 Bit). Doing so allows to boot directly from the system drive to Reflect recovery environment, instead of booting from a USB based recovery environment. Basically, it's a...
  5. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  6. Macrium Reflect FAILED

Macrium Reflect FAILED: Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to L: support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in Windows 10? 26818
  7. Macrium Reflect 7 discount

Macrium Reflect 7 discount: Hey guys I just finished talking with the good folks at Macrium and they gave me the OK to post a discount code for our members to use.......not a great deal but it is for 10% off purchases for the next 7 days...... Just click on the "buy now" button and check the...
  8. Macrium Reflect update

Macrium Reflect update: Hello, While making a weekly backup (differential or full) with Macrium version 6, I was notifyedthere is an update for this version, downloaded and installed the update.Then opened the product's site and saw there is a new version - 7, on one page it says free editionhere...
  9. Macrium Reflect Home 7 - GERMANY

Macrium Reflect Home 7 - GERMANY: [img] 78080
  10. Replace Failing HD - Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replace Failing HD - Macrium Reflect: Hi My main boot disk is a 240GB EVO 840, I have a 2TB Seagate drive partitioned as D (1TB) & E (1TB) and a 240GB F drive. The PC rebooted by itself today, when it restarted the Seagate (D & E) had gone. Couple of reboots later and it's back. I tried to use Macrium...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Macrium reflect not working after windows update

2. macrium reflect not working after windows 1903 update